
By Alison Meghee and Peter H. Reynolds.
If you haven't seen this book it is so so cute it made me cry when I read it the first time its beautiful. Just wanted to share it with you!
"SOMEDAY is a mother's heartfelt storybook wish for her child -- that her child will grow up healthy, experience great joys, and someday have a family of her own.
It's also a wish that she will be lovingly remembered by her child"...
----------------
Someday
One day I counted your fingers an kissed each one
One day the first snowflakes fell, and I held you up and watched them melt on your baby skin..
One day we crossed the street, and you held my hand tight..
Then, you were my baby
and now you are my child
Sometimes, when you sleep, i watch you dream, and I dream too..
That someday you will dive into the cool, clear water of a lake.
Someday you will walk into a deep wood.
Someday your eyes will be filled with a joy so deep that they shine.
Someday you will run so fast and so far your heart will feel like fire.
Someday you will swing high- so high , higher than you ever dared to swing.
Someday you will hear something so sad that you will fold up with sorrow.
Someday you will call a song to the wind, and the wind will carry your song away.
Someday I will stand on this porch and watch your arms waving to me until I no longer see you.
Someday you will look at this house and wonder how something that feels so big can look so small.
Someday you will feel a small weight against your strong back.
Someday I will watch you brushing your child's hair.
Someday, a long time from now, your own hair will glow silver in the sun.
And when that day comes, love, you will remember me.
{ the pictures that go with it are so pretty in the book }
Anyway just wanted to share that its such a cute book kind of like love you forever.
HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND!


5 comments:
That's too funny you posted about this...I just bought this book about 2 weeks ago! I bought one for my bro and sis in law about to have their first baby too!! It's a great book. I love it :)
That looks great. IT reminds me of the little book I got last year called "The lesson" (A fable for our times)
by Carol Lynn Pearson. Illustrated by Kathleen Peterson.
It's really cute. You'll like it too. It brought tears to my eyes just like the Love you Forever book. You can get it at the Beehive books or on-line.
Thanks for telling us about that book. I can tell I would love it...I'm headed straight to Amazon to see if I can find it. :)
Awww...that seems like such a sweet book!! Christal, can you e-mail me at betsy_maddox@yahoo.com? I wanted to get your e-mail so I could ask you something!! :)
I love this book, I want it so badly, is it terrible to admit I read it almost every time I go to Target?!
Post a Comment