Thursday, June 4, 2009

{ THANKFUL THURSDAY....}


and Florida 2009... Okay these pictures are completely backwards the first is the last and the last is the first make sense. I'm way to lazy and tired right now to rearrange them!
It was so nice getting away we had so much fun. We went to Florida last Tuesday where D had a day and half of meetings by Orlando, so I shopped and had lunch with a couple of girls from the Ranch that were there when we lived there. It was nice to get together and chat I do miss the ward here they have the tightest knit ward and are always doing fun things. Great people!!
Wednesday I went shopping again and then met Kimberly another blogger {actually I know her family here she is from the same town so yeah...} it was awesome to talk to her and meet her adorable kids and talk adoption, thanks for coming Kimberly so fun to meet you!!
So on the way back to pick up D at the ranch I went through "the" worst rain storm I've ever been in in a car that I didn't know how to use the wipers!! AHHH!! I thought I was going to die!! Okay not really but it was scary!
Thursday we drove to Miami drove around saw a drug bust we assumed, cops everywhere and zip tied criminals laying on the ground it was so CSI ha ha!! It was on the news the next day how they were cleaning out the town of drugs {hardly put a dent in it I'm sure and made tons of busts over two days. Exciting and scary made me appreciate where we live!
Friday we headed to Ft Lauderdale to get on our Cruise ship to the Bahamas. Tons of security to get through but when we finally did it was a great three days too much food unfortunately I won't be eating for the next couple of weeks ha ha, lots of entertainment and relaxation till Monday morning! I actually slept alot too so nice!
Lots of scantly dressed women, more skin then I care to see, lots of drunks, and plenty of drinks to go around. But being the water drinkers we are oh except the occasional couple of virgin pina colada's we got they didn't get to much out of us that way.
Just seeing D relax was more then worth it to me!! Just being a couple again for the week laughing, enjoying our time together was awesome!
We were going to go to Key west Monday but made it to key largo and it was so stormy and flooding in parts we decided to head back to Orlando. We drove most of Monday hit our hotel went for a good workout and some hot tubing under the {I want to say stars but clouds would be a more appropriate word.... then slept for maybe four hours and woke up at 3:30 am {that's 1:30 am our time} to make it and get ready for our 6:30am flight home. Crazy long day but we made it home safely the kids were safe and happy to see us
and
today back to being mom, and all my other titles but it was a great trip.
I am so so thankful most of all for my sil Kristyn for watching Lauren, she had the best time and keeps talking about it she wants sisters now ummm!
And to our friends the Wildes for watching the boys and my sister Dawna for filling in when they needed a little break from the busy boy {they are pretty much the only ones who can handle the mater man and I know they love them too}
The boys had so much fun they asked if they could spend just one more night!?!
Yes I feel loved!!
No they all missed us and were glad to be home and in their own beds!
{I kind of think my kids got blonder and tanner than us while we were gone too.}
We had such a good time getting away but couldn't have done it without good people to watch our kids. It makes it much more relaxing knowing your kids are having fun and are safe and happy above all.
SO I'm thankful for family and friends, for living where we do its nice to visit places and different countries but there is no place like home. I am especially thankful for a great husband who I never get tired of and who always makes me laugh and loves me no matter what... and for three great kids who I missed...{at least a little ha ha}
So scroll to the bottom or read it backwards or not at all or however you please. But here it is oh btw heavy picture warning too..... homeward bound or airport bound fun times!!!
key largo yeah stormy yes once again ...
ft lauderdale
Ft. Lauderdale as we came in
pretty skies on Sunday night
I love that D makes me laugh all the time! But I love the sunset at night anywhere you are its beautiful but something about being at sea and seeing it makes it even more beautiful!
trying to get something from the sun in the clouds that kept hiding yeah didn't work...I think I came to Florida with more of a tan then when I left... yes he reads....... work books lol! cool animals they made for us each night of the cruiseme soaking up some actual sun that shone just for us at the resort...
....fun
getting the only sun of the trip or pretending too lol
I love the water behind me in the picture it was so beautiful

glass boat tour
my chubby feet picture gotta have one of these eh!


Atlantis resort
very colorful country ...lots of bright colors everywhere
Sea Gardens and tropical fish it was such a cool tour
I loved all the doors and colors everywhere in the Bahamas

excited? I'm like 5 when it comes to new exciting things!

Relaxing yes.... ABOUT TIME!
Cruisin Skies
the man the relaxing man...
Miami Beach and Me
Ocean drive Miami!
Cocoa Beach turn off just before I hit the massive typhon storm!
The wicked storm sky of each day preceding the massive rain thunder and lighting.. great tan with skies like that each day ha ha!!
Lots of shopping in Vierra love that place!
Awesome clouds on the flight over! I love rising above the clouds and looking down so fun!

Since I didn't do a me thinks this week this next part really has nothing to do with any of this but it reminded me of something I read today and I loved it

It's by President Dieter F Uchtdorf in the new ensign:

"One of the things I loved most about flying was departing from a dark and rainy airport, climbing through thick and threatening winter clouds, and then suddenly breaking through the dark mist and steeply gaining altitude into the bright sunshine and endless blue sky.
I often marveled at how this physical act parallels our personal lives.

How often do we find ourselves surrounded by threatening clouds and stormy weather, wondering if the darkness will ever pass? If there were only a way for us to lift ourselves up from the turmoil of life and break through to a place of peace and calm."


{It's funny cause I read that today and I had been thinking the same things when we were flying past the dark clouds up through them into the bright blue forever sky...beautiful...
just like our lives we can raise above
what bugs us what hits us and what gets thrown at us
and move past it into a more peaceful, calm life...
its what we do with it stay in the darkness or rise above it....

Hope you all have a great rest of the week...

18 comments:

Kim said...

It was so fun reading about your trip and looking through your pictures! Glad you guys had a great time together...it's so important to be able to do that once in awhile. And so nice to have family and friends who are willing to help out :)

Amy said...

Ahhh Cocoa Beach, that's where we stayed for a couple of days before we left for our 11 day cruise with Holland America almost 5 years ago. Cocoa Beach had this awesome pier restaurant with great seafood.
It's too bad the weather didn't co-operate for your trip, but it looks like you two still had fun and some much needed relaxation, I hope you feel rejuvinated.
Yes, thank goodness for people that are willing to help with the kids!
Aubey's the same with reading as D, never reads unless he has to, and if he does read, it's tractor manuals, grain marketing on line, spray work books, etc.

Kimberly said...

It was so fun to meet you, too! Sorry that our Florida storms kind of rained on your parade, but you have to admit, they are pretty impressive! Nothing quite as scary as those dark skies before the storm. We actually had all kinds of record-breaking rain while you were here.

I keep telling Charles that we need to go on a cruise since we're right here, but so far it hasn't happened. He's not convinced it would be fun, but I am!

Jodi Pilling said...

Christal...looks like you had such a GREAT time! Isn't it great to just get away with your hubby. I love doing that..although I miss my kids. LOL! LOVE your new swimming suit...looks so cute on you. Hey where did you get that adorable pink dress? I need some new summer clothes SO bad! Have a HAPPY day!

Anonymous said...

Welcome back! I'm so glad you had a fun time. Hello, your pink swimsuit is SO cute. I have been in the mood to try wearing a cute vintage-y one, but now my swimming for the summer is DONE! So silly of me. Thanks for the good post---sorry you didn't get the sun you wanted, though!

DJ said...

I admire you being able to leave your kids so long. It was fun having Masen here with us when he was. Lauren too. I was going to come over so I could hear all about your trip---bloggland takes away from the fun of face to face---although it is quicker & everyone gets the scoop all in one shot. I still would love to hear about it face to face. Looks like a dang good time thats for sure. The skies are pretty anyway & I LOVE Floridas flash floods and massive thunderstorms! WI was like that in the summer too. I miss it from both places! I'm so happy for you guys getting away together like you did. That is SO necessary in a marriage every once in awhile :)
Talk to you soon --- I have some things to drop off there. Later. Love you :)

Judy said...

I love the pictures. you are so dang cute!!!! Sooooo glad you had a blast! And your kids too! I love the thought about flying above the clouds, I may have to use that on my blog sometime!!!! Glad your back....I missed your posts and especially your comments! :)

Lynn said...

F-A-B-U-L-O-U-S!!!! Can I just say that?! Well, I just did. Totally.
Looked like you guys had the BEST time ever...despite the weather. You have to have something exciting like that to remember the moment, right??

That drug bust reminds me of our street last year. They were doing a lot of that last year until the police FINALLY cleaned it up. Now we are just a boring old neighborhood. Miss the drama....LOL! Not!

You two looked SO tour"isty". Cute Cute Cute! Next time make some room in your luggage for me. I promise not to eat too much or take up too much room or noise. : D

Tyler and Kristin Smith said...

Christal:
I just loved looking at all your trip pictures! You and D looks so HAPPY in all of them - despite the weather!
I love your bathing suit.
P.S. You totally wrote this Wednesday night. Cheater pants!
((I could be wrong though!)

Holly said...

I'm SO glad you got to get away and had a great time! Your swiming suit is SO SO SO cute! You look great!

Jennie said...

It is so beautiful!
I am glad you were able to get away and be a couple again! Great times.
You are so beautiful.

Shelley said...

Looks like you two had so much fun! And great swimsuit - I just wasn't brave enough to order one online! And yes, you ARE the E committee (until Sunday I hope)!

Christal said...

Hey Jodi the pink dress is from Kohl's cheap too! Love that store. {And Kristin I totally did do this post wednesday it took forever to download all the pics! ha ha! good call!

LindsayB said...

what a fun time! a holiday with no kids is a holiday even if the weather sucked, right! and you look so dang cute in every pic. i don't know if i ever told you, but i did meet your sisinlaw krysten once upon a time here.

Betsy said...

Even though it was cloudy, it looks like ya'll had so much fun!! I think it's great getting away with your husband no matter where you go or what the weather, right??

I LOVE Florida and I have never been on a cruise, so that all looked great to me!

Hope it goes well getting back to reality! ;)

Mostly Jessica said...

What fun!

JANEAL said...

I'm glad you were able to get away with your hubby. It looks like you guys had a fabulous time. Love your swimming suit!

Scrappy Girl said...

Great photos! Those storms would have totally freaked me and my 13 year old out! We are not fans of storms especially near the ocean. It's been a while since I have been to your blog and thought I would pop over! Looks like you all had a fun trip despite the storms.