Wednesday, June 17, 2009

{Thankful Thursday..}

...A little early since we are heading.... .. but I am so thankful for another week its been so nice weather wise, we got to the park, some bike rides, played on the trampoline, had a friend over for the kids which they loved, we went to grandmas for a bbq and enjoyed that, the kids had fun with their cousins and playing with g&g, and best of all its been a slower week as far as no soccer and baseball just had an ending party for Kolt. He has loved soccer but baseball not as much. He learned a ton this year so it was good for him.
-------------------
I'm thankful for moments like this....
This morning I got up early to go running/walking.
Kolt has wanted to go running with me forever so i thought maybe I'll see if he wants to go today so I got him up, and we went it was so fun just talking. He kept up pretty good he told me to slow down a couple of times and halfway through he sat down said he needed to catch his breath. So we walked slower and talked it was fun, at the end he had to go to the bathroom really bad.
So I said next time you need to go to the bathroom just before we leave eh!
He says "um mom there won't be a next time" ha ha!
I thought it was so funny.
I laughed... he said "thanks though it was fun walking with you." sweet kid!
But I enjoyed his company and listening to what he had to say he is such a good kid!
----------------------
Another story when we were at grandma's this week. We had the keys locked in the suburban and were waiting for the locksmith guy..anyway Masen went running full tilt towards those metal railings that are at about a toddlers height, he didn't see it or something and ran full into it, like it wasn't even there and landed flat on his back. I felt so bad for him and you know it hurt if he came running to me he's usually the toughest kid no matter what.
But it left a good bruise on his chin.
----------------------
I'm thankful for family we are all going to be together again this weekend. I'm excited to see D's little sister get married

she is so happy and ready here are a few pics of the reception and everything but the actual wedding from a couple of weeks ago.
Crazy only 2 more weddings for our families both our youngest brothers.
Weird to see everybody grow up sometimes but that is life fun times!

----------------------------
I'm thankful for life. the ups and the downs. the many blessings we have been given. the strength and testimonies of others that helps me to be a better person, a better mother, a better wife. I'm thankful for the trials we've had to learn and grow from to help others or to go through things that might be hard at the time, but I look back on them and they make me and us who we are today.
Do you ever watch others go through things that you think you could never handle or do when sometimes we go through things to help others and learn greater lessons then we ever thought possible? And we see the blessings of service through others more in our lives when we or they needed it most.
I have friends who are going through some tough stuff right now that is really hard, so many health problems and it always makes me thankful for the blessings of the gospel and the peace and assurance that the Gospel brings into our lives.
Grateful for that.
-----------------------------
Have a great weekend !!
Make it count.

5 comments:

Judy said...

Love your walk with you boy! Priceless moments huh? I love your thankful thursdays. Love to stop, read and think. I feel the same about the trial thing. We can always find someone that we feel we couldn't handle their trial, but we do and learn right? Have a great time. You are the best!!!!!

Lynn said...

Oh Christal....LOL!!! I had to really laugh at what Kolten said. So funny! Kids....they think they know what they want REALLY bad until they try it out sometimes. Too funny.. However what a GREAT moment for the two of you. You will be such a GREAT mom during his teen years, since you are establishing a great relationship now.

Maybe by then he will be able to keep up with you too. ; )

Have a WONDERFUL time with family, a nice get away and the mountains. I am SO envious.. you wouldn't have an extra suitcase to stuff me in would you? : D

Amy said...

Travel safe, have fun, and take lots of pictures.
I love the Kolten running story, kids are so awesome.
Yeah, I do think about the trials other people have, and it reminds me how blessed I am. I couldn't handle what they handle, my trials are cookie cut for me.

LindsayB said...

have a fun weekend! and that i so dang cute, running with colten. i'd be all, dang right there won't be a next time!

Sharon said...

Oh, give him a few years, he will be keeping up with you no problem! Glad you had such a fun morning with your boy anyway :)