Thursday, June 25, 2009

{ Why? & Thankful Thursday..}

Why do my pictures always look so blurry when I download them onto my blog even if you click on them they are clearer?
Why does waiting sometimes drive a person insane and its all you can think about?
patience maybe? dunno?
Why do kids who don't get enough sleep act like bears the whole next day??
Why can't people accept others for who they are instead of feeling like they aren't good enough to be around them?
Why do crows wake up so early in the morning and caa in your window at 4 am? or dive bomb you when your running? scary! {right there with you LB its happened to me too before.}
Why didn't they put air conditioning in this house when they built it?
Why are some people so dishonest and then sit in church like nothing is wrong?
Why did I cry when I read Kolt's report card ?
well I know the answer to that one he has had such an amazing year and i was just

so darn proud of him! Why is he growing up so fast? where did My baby go.
Why do some people assume the worse ? When you weren't even thinking what they think you were thinking? Make sense?
Why when you do the best you can it isn't good enough sometimes?
Why can we never find the other shoe in this house??
Why does the wind have to blow like a hurricane on an otherwise perfect day?
Why is no news good news?? ever thought of that? Doesn't apply all the time.

Why did I write this post??
BECAUSE

sometimes in life there are so many why's so many unanswered questions
so many things I want to know but haven't got a clue about ?
so many tests or trials that take patience, understanding, and hard work to get them or get through them.
Too much to think about sometimes.
There are so many people suffering in big ways, little ways and unseen ways and so many people who are angels who come right at the right time when you need them most. There are a few people in this life, in my life, that are constants who see a need and act on it.
i am so thankful for those people.
I am thankful for strength, health and happiness
I am thankful
for eyes that see
arms that fold
knees that bend
ears that hear
and prayers that are answered
not always the way we think or want
but the calmness, the tiny reassurance that all is well
To say one and feel that peace.
I am thankful for that feeling.
----------------------------------------
I am thankful for QUOTES like this one

"Whatever lies behind us and whatever lies in front of us are but tiny matters in comparison to what lies within us."

I love quotes that make me think and makes me what to do better and be better.
we are powerful girls--
we have the power to change any situation that comes to us.
we have choices. we have feelings. we have strength we have determination.
sometimes its hard to dig it up and out, but its actually overwhelming to think what we really can do in any given situation. how we can change any situation
its all in how we take it, use it and apply it.
--------------------
So I guess some things aren't worth wondering why
they just are.
but it still doesn't help things
- does it.
----------------------
What do you wonder why??

Have a great weekend
Make it count.

Everywhere in nature we are taught the lessons of patience and waiting. We want things a long time before we get them, and the fact that we want them a long time makes them all the more precious when they come.

~Joseph F. Smith {thanks holly!}

10 comments:

LindsayB said...

ok, some of your why's are funny and crazy! if i can gather my thoughts enough, i should do this, because i have a few whys. i why wonder WHY we felt soooo compelled to buy this house in cardston only to put it back up for sale less than a year later. but the birds! oh my heavens it started out as just a couple annoying little ones, now it's a FALCON! a huge freaking FALCON! i'm scared and i don't think i can go on that road where the falcon lives anymore. he is out to get me.

Nikki said...

You had bird dive bomb you?!? I would have totally freaked out, I'm so scared of birds. Can't say I understand the whole grade 1 thing, but when I think that Caleb is going to be a Sunbeam next year I just can't believe it. To me, he's still my little baby. Also, I meant to tell you...Caleb got kicked out of nursery this last Sunday, so you're not alone. Except they brought him to me while I was trying to conduct quarterly interviews with our primary teachers, BAH! Hope you have a great weekend.

whitney said...

Why do you have such a cute new blog background?
Why do I see polka dots and always think of you?
Why don't the birds bother me - because I am lazy and don't run anymore that why!
Why didn't you say something in church, I would have given you $100! Ha Ha!
Why don't you call me when you are asking so many whys and we can walk it out - wind and all.
And why indeed is patience so hard to come by.
But you, you got patience down girl. Even if you don't think you do. You are strong and brave. And you are so positive. And so inspiring all the time. And I pray for you and your patience every day.
Why do I feel so blessed, because you are in my life.

Holly said...

Loved this, I can be too analytical sometimes! ALways asking why and what if.... I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing?! :)

I've always wondered that too... why is no news good news?! I can only imagine how you are feeling!!

Lynn said...

Way to go Kolten!!!! You made your mother cry.....
That's a GOOD thing when it comes to report cards. Good job!!! : D

Judy said...

I've been asking that question alot lately, and it seems to get harder every day. I know that we may never know the answers to some of our questions, but all I know is that I have to hang on. I have to know that there is a reason for everything. Thanks again for your sweet post.....and good job Kolten!!!!

Anonymous said...

awesome post!! We have a stupid crow around here too. nice wake up call. hope you are having a good day. I'm writing in a rush and want to make one of those long comments. just love this post of why's. hopefully some of your whys are answered SOON!! love ya!

The Lowry's said...

I can't wait to teach Kolten this fall. I just know that he will do so well at piano!! Such a smart kid!
I too wonder why the people didn't put air conditioning in the house, don't all new houses have it? And in a 2 storey of all houses. At least we have really good air flow and it cools down nice.
Your right, there are many whys out there. Once again another post to make me think and ponder. Love it, crave it you blog posts.

lisa slocombe said...

hi christal!

about your photos...

are you saving them in a program by doing a 'save for web'? if so, make sure you change the quality to High for jpeg.... especially if doing save for web with photoshop elements.
maybe that'll answer a 'why'?

lisa slocombe said...

hi christal!

about your photos...

are you saving them in a program by doing a 'save for web'? if so, make sure you change the quality to High for jpeg.... especially if doing save for web with photoshop elements.
maybe that'll answer a 'why'?