Friday, May 14, 2010

{Thankful...}

 
.......For this boy who turns 4 today
Love this boy

he has kept me  running since the day he was born!

He is  full of life and spunk! He calls it like it is! He’s got ambition, determination, fight, exploring abilities that take him far, he is a thinker, a doer and an escape artist, and can vanish in the blink of an eye! 
He is very determined and loud in all he does. He gets feisty and loves to do whatever he wants to do no matter what anyone has told him, he HAS to find out himself. 
He loves to be outside more than anything. He is often found outside in no shoes or socks sometimes, he is kind of like a tom sawyer or Huck Finn! 
He has broken the screens in the basement and crawled out windows, he has scaled our back deck that has no way down yet. 
He has figured out things in seconds that none of us figured out or questioned. He is a doer and he loves a good challenge no matter what. 
And don't bother hiding anything he will find it 
hammers axes gas matches yeah just to name a few
He has some serious guardian angles watching over him
He loves dogs and all animals the other day he asked for a black horse and told us his name will be Alex. It was pretty funny.
He makes us laugh every day with all the things he comes up with. 
he says “belly jeans” for jelly beans and trismas for Christmas, tiss for kiss and tolten and tarsen for kolt and kars, 
He can't wait to go to school.
He loves to ride his bike
wear sunglasses

and Loves toy Story
BUZZ WOODY yeah all of em.
He loves primary now and actually sits with in his class
and my saving grace is that he still naps every afternoon from 1-3 and goes to bed at 8!
He has THE most beautiful brown eyes ever! 
He is funny.
Spunky
 wild
and a little CRAZY 
but we are crazy about him.{or was that because of him ha ha}
Life would be so dull without MASEN in our lives!!
We love you little M!!
----------------------------------------
So funny thing is today is his birthday but he doesn't know it
and since D couldn't be here today because one of his boss' from SLC is here
We decided we'd celebrate it tomorrow!!
He doesn't know the difference this young
So we are going to the lake and roasting some hot dogs 
eatin cake and doing the presents tomorrow! Fun times!
{I do feel a little bad but really technically 4 years ago tomorrow is when I first held my little babe and met him for the first time so its kind of fitting right!??
We did let him have his special cereal this morning {he decides if he wants to share or not they all so far have been kind and shared}  We do cereal in the  birthday morning that they always want that I don't buy -- all the surgary ones! That makes it special then right ? I always picked fruit loops growing up!
-------------------------------------------------------
HAPPY BIRTHDAY Mase!! WE LOVE YOU!!
And his smile does us all in and has saved him many times lol!!

here's a cute poem a friend had on her blog today that I thought would be good here!

Dear Lord, it's such a hectic day
With little time to stop and pray
For life's been anything but calm
Since You called on me to be a {his} mom
Running errands, matching socks
Building dreams with building blocks
Cooking, cleaning, and finding shoes
And other stuff that children lose
Getting lids on bottled bugs
Wiping tears and giving hugs
A stack of last week's mail to read
So where's the quiet time I need?
Yet when I steal a minute, Lord
Just at the sink or ironing board
To ask the blessings of Your grace
I see then, in my small one's face
That you have blessed me
All the while
And I stop to kiss
That precious smile.
Have a beautiful day!!

8 comments:

Amy said...

Awww, Happy Birthday M! He and my Brett would get along great haha!
Aubey's mom did the same thing with the b-day cereal.
Wow, he STILL naps, you're lucky!!

Lynn said...

HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY M!!!! Love Love love his grin Christal. You can tell he's a thinker just by looking at him. ; D

I had a brother just like him. You couldn't stop him for nothing. He seemed to always be on a "mission" of some kind. It drove my mom CRAZY. (The same word you used. Hee HEe.)

Have an awesome day tomorrow celebrating!

We'll be at the temple ground breaking ceremony. Can't wait. It's been a lot of work getting organized, but so worth it and so fun! Looking forward to the weekend too.

Katelyn said...

I love Masen! He adds so much spunk to our whole family. I love it that he says "belly jeans". I did not know that. He does have a great smile. It's impossible not to love that kid. Have fun celebrating!

JANEAL said...

I can't believe he is FOUR! I hope he had a wonderful day :)

Kristyn said...

Happy Birthday Masen!! we sure love you!
(madi calls side walk chalk, pork chops for some reason. love the belly jeans!!!)

Skye said...

Happy Birthday!!! I'm so jealous he still naps. That would be bliss!!!

The Lowry's said...

That is great that he still naps. Yeah. well at least his cereal says/claims 'good source of fiber'. Ha

Christine Dallimore said...

I didn't realize that you have a little four year old too!!! Happy Birthday little guy! I giggled while reading your tribute to him...especially the part about him having some serious guardian angels! Ha, Ha...it really does sound like he does!!! What an adorable little guy...don't you just love this stage...well (every stage) really?!?