Our baby K2 is one TODAY
{the cutest onsie ever my friend Whitney whipped up for me because I am a not a sew"er" and probably would have royally messed it up..... loved it thanks so much Whitney! ur the best! }
{The birthday cake I made the morning of loved how it turned out I made the cake the day before and froze it makes it so much easier!}
and since we had a big party yesterday
we decided to celebrate it yesterday!!!
But today is the day and its hard to believe a year has flown by already...
seriously where does the time go! Yesterday on Canada day a year ago we found out that his birth mother was in labour during our BBQ. We were running around trying to get organized since it was three days before that, that we found out we were chosen and he was a week early! What memories we hope his birth mother and birth father know how very much we love them and are thinking of them today, yesterday, and always!!!!
We had such a fun day being CANADA DAY and celebrating K2
and all our town celebrates like its Christmas people come home to their families from all over and our small town of 3500 swells to 10,000 if not more. Its kind of amazing and fun and those of us without extended family in this same town have our own party, so we had our 4th annual parade, BBQ, rodeo, street party and fireworks the town did an awesome job of so much to do and we all slept in till 10 today except D of course!!!
But it was a great day!
We are so thankful happy blessed to have this handsome little babe a part of our eternal family and we couldn't be more HAPPIER..
At one
- He has 2 teeth
- Loves to wave hug and cuddle
- takes steps when he feels like it
- His eyes have improved so much I hardly realize it anymore {or maybe I'm used to it?}
- He is so happy most of the time
- Still loves bed, blankie and soother
- but drinks whole milk in sippy now
- eats most everything unless it hard since he only has two teeth
- he loves his dad!
- he is 23 lbs
- he laughs like crazy for the kids most of all and loves doing whatever they are doing!!
- he loves music!
- he loves to be tickled
- he loves baths
- he went to his first rodeo yesterday
- he went swimming in the town pool for the first time last on Tuesday
- loves to make noise and copies some words we say
- loves to climb get into everything empties bags drawers cupboards and filing cabinets :( lol!
- he loves to look at the camera after you take a picture I find it so amazing that he is so perceptive or maybe I take alot of pictures ha ha
- he loves his sleep!
- He hates shoes and socks
- he has the best squinter smile ever!!!
- he loves to read books and rip them
- he has the craziest hair and it has to be cut like every two weeks its stick straight and hardly stays down!
- loves to watch people and claps alot!
- he is content to play stand on his head or talk to himself when he wakes up in the morning!
- He is the cutest little boy ever inside and out and we love him more than words!!
SO From our crazy fun house to yours! Hope you had a fun day, have a great weekend! and Heres to a great fun SUMMER!!
{these were taken through the patio door we entertained ourselves for a good long time and laughed our heads off!!}
Love these kids! They make life so much better!!!!
------------------------------
------------------------------
"God expects you to have enough faith and determination and enough trust in Him to keep moving, keep living, keep rejoicing. In fact, He expects you not simply to face the future (that sounds pretty grim and stoic); He expects you to embrace and shape the future--to love it and rejoice in it and delight in your opportunities.
God is anxiously waiting for the chance to answer your prayers and fulfill your dreams, just as He always has. But He can't if you don't pray, and He can't if you don't dream.
In short, He can't if you don't believe."
~Jeffrey R. Holland
amen!!
God is anxiously waiting for the chance to answer your prayers and fulfill your dreams, just as He always has. But He can't if you don't pray, and He can't if you don't dream.
In short, He can't if you don't believe."
~Jeffrey R. Holland
amen!!


9 comments:
Great Post! Tribute to K2 and fun pix of the kiddos. The 1st looks like it was a blast. It's amazing what this town turns in to on the 1st of July! I love it!
And that beautiful Birthday Boy! Man he has a special place with me! I Love Love LOVE him!! He's a perfect gem of a child and I couldn't imagine life without him. He's SO sweet! Did I say that I love him? Cuz I DO!!!!
And I love you too! I hope you have a fantastic weekend and we'll talk to you soon. I'm sure :)
has it really been a year? craziness! It seems just like yesterday.
He is so cute. I can not get enough of him. (or any of your cute kids, really)
Happy Birthday K2!
July is the best month. ever.
What a sweet little boy you have, all your kids are so great. I love the jot notes about K2. Rhonda does it too, I need to do that here and there with my kids.
Great job on the cake. Love the onsie! You and your polka dots haha!
HAppy HAppy BirThday K2!!!! Where does one year go? Holy!
I LOVE that picture of K2 taking one huge bite out of his birthday cake. LOL!!!!! You did an awesome job of making it by the way! I wished I had that talent. *sigh*
And you certainly do have the perfect sized yard for a party. I had to laugh at how many people were on your tramp at one time. LOL!
Oh happy birthday K2!! How time flies...he's adorable! It looks and sounds like you guys had a great celebration. The cake is soooo cute and I love how he's totally taking a huge bite. super cute!
Cute cake! It all looked so cute with the polka dots and the onezie. Looks like you had a great July 1st. It is one of my favorite holidays. Family, food, fun, warm summer weather, seeing people you haven't seen in a while etc. Love the quote at the end. Its a great one.
Oh, don't worry, I just whipped this cake up in no time flat. I'm just SuperMom. : ) Seriously, though, you are. If I ever have kids, their birthday cakes will be twinkies. I swear it. You're awesome!
Great Pics. I never remember where I comment. that was such a fun day.
your cake skills are amazing by the way!!
Great Pics. I never remember where I comment. that was such a fun day.
your cake skills are amazing by the way!!
Post a Comment