What a crazy busy week we've had. D's youngest brother got home from his mission a week ago then it was reunion time and between 9 children and 8 spouses and all the grandchildren, and some who came as far as IRAQ my brother in law is a soldier there, from Kansas, Utah and all over......
its been a great week
Starting off the reunion with everybody but 2 last friday..... Elder Ryan came home from the Denver South mission after 2 years of service...... to this mob....
pretty sure I was trying to get K2 to turn and look at the camera! AHH joys!
{Homecoming talk and dinner on Sunday} M Loves his uncle Ryan
{thanks cynth for some of the pics!}
cute little girl cousins!
Family dinners all week!
{thanks cynth for some of the pics!}
cute little girl cousins!
Family dinners all week!
hiking.hanging out..
i ♥ K2's huge smile!

M's new best friend lol!!
D's highly talented sisters singing and making us all cry to a little Taylor swift!!!
and a final day of boating..we bought a boat while in utah and are loving it!!!.. skiing tubing and knee boarding, wake boarding
we love having a boat!! So do the kids!!
--------------------
The more years that go by I realize even more that not much else matters in this life than the memories we make, the relationships between our families and how we spend the time we have and what we do with it. Having a testimony and sharing it, serving others and loving our Heavenly Father who created us and our saviour who died for us.
That is true happiness--- NOTHING else matters.
We don't need the fanciest house and all the best of the best to be happy, The best cars the stuff cause in the end it won't make one bit of difference.
Its the memories, the love and the devotion to the things that matter that make the real difference.
I think there is no greater tribute in this life as parents, to watch all your children be in the same place at the same time, good kids, married for time and all eternity and starting families of there own making good choices and carrying on a legacy, carrying on what we've been taught, teaching our children.
I feel that learning from where we've come from turning it around getting past the things that don't matter anymore and making our homes a bit of heaven on earth is the most important things we can do not only for ourselves but for our children most of all.
There isn't time for misunderstandings, for offence ,for mistrust and hurt.
I love my families I am so lucky to be apart of three amazing families that make my life what it is. I have great brothers and brothers in laws, beautiful sisters and sister in laws, parents both sets, nieces nephews grandparents and so on. I feel blessed to be apart of something so amazing that will last not only now but forever for eternity. What a blessing.
Family is all we got no matter what stage of life we are in.
Life is short.
&
Life is GOOD.
But
Life is what you make it too.
Have a great weekend.
-----------------------------------------------
i ♥ K2's huge smile!
Day 2 was temple, 40th wedding anniversary program for D's parents, swimming and BBQ at our house...

40 years
9 kids, almost 21 grand kids, so many accomplishments
and moments that matter right there!!
..we had a dinner and program for it, it was awesome! They are awesome! M's new best friend lol!!
D's highly talented sisters singing and making us all cry to a little Taylor swift!!!
and a final day of boating..we bought a boat while in utah and are loving it!!!.. skiing tubing and knee boarding, wake boarding
we love having a boat!! So do the kids!!
--------------------
The more years that go by I realize even more that not much else matters in this life than the memories we make, the relationships between our families and how we spend the time we have and what we do with it. Having a testimony and sharing it, serving others and loving our Heavenly Father who created us and our saviour who died for us.
That is true happiness--- NOTHING else matters.
We don't need the fanciest house and all the best of the best to be happy, The best cars the stuff cause in the end it won't make one bit of difference.
Its the memories, the love and the devotion to the things that matter that make the real difference.
I think there is no greater tribute in this life as parents, to watch all your children be in the same place at the same time, good kids, married for time and all eternity and starting families of there own making good choices and carrying on a legacy, carrying on what we've been taught, teaching our children.
I feel that learning from where we've come from turning it around getting past the things that don't matter anymore and making our homes a bit of heaven on earth is the most important things we can do not only for ourselves but for our children most of all.
There isn't time for misunderstandings, for offence ,for mistrust and hurt.
I love my families I am so lucky to be apart of three amazing families that make my life what it is. I have great brothers and brothers in laws, beautiful sisters and sister in laws, parents both sets, nieces nephews grandparents and so on. I feel blessed to be apart of something so amazing that will last not only now but forever for eternity. What a blessing.
Family is all we got no matter what stage of life we are in.
Life is short.
&
Life is GOOD.
But
Life is what you make it too.
Have a great weekend.
-----------------------------------------------
Near the end of his life, one father looked back on how he had spent his time on earth. An acclaimed, respected author of numerous scholarly works, he said, 'I wish I had written one less book and taken my children fishing more often.'
"Time passes quickly. Many parents say that it seems like yesterday that their children were born. Now those children are grown, perhaps with children of their own. 'Where did the years go?' they ask. We cannot call back time that is past, we cannot stop time that now is, and we cannot experience the future in our present state. Time is a gift, a treasure not to be put aside for the future but to be used wisely in the present."









8 comments:
WOW! Seriously. What an AWESOME week for D and his family. Not going to lie.....I got teary eyed when I read and saw the pictures of his brother returning home. ; D
You guys seriously rock the memory making in your families. Can I join? LOL!
Have a more restful weekend Christal.
So much fun together as a family. How fun to have a boat! You will have lots of family time together with that. So true, you realize more and more whats important in this life as you get older.
Busy Busy.. sounds like our house too. August will be much slower for us. I think our kids are in the same swim lessons so we can catch up a bit there.
TTYS
You live in the most gorgeous place! Love the pictures. What a great time with family, so fun when missionaries get home, and so neat about D's parent's 40 year anniversary! Thanks for the great reminder that really all that matters is our family and the memories we make. It's so true! Nothing else matters. We just moved and I've struggled a little missing what we used to have, so I needed that! Thank you! Have a happy new week!
You won! You won! You won!
Shoot me an email with your info and I will get your win right out to you.
kmurphyfamily@aol.com
Thanks so much. Have a wonderful day.
Sounds like you guys had tons of fun. So true about the family. Family is the most important thing.
I always love visiting your blog!!! Don't you just love celebrating with family...especially when it is a missionary homecoming. I always tear up at those. I often wonder if that is how it's going to be in the next life!!! Anyhow, YAY on the new boat! Some of my most favorite childhood memories are of when my family were on the lake water skiing! Awesome, awesome stuff!!!
As to your comment, I would be so thrilled to make a doll for your little L!!! I do accept checks so just shoot me an email and we can chat! :o) I'm so happy to see you are having such a fun summer!!!
Oh the deals to be had in Utah. Aubey keeps looking at used trailers AND boats, I have to keep him in line LOL. But I don't think I can do it forever, oh the fun and memories we could have with a boat.
What a great idea, a family reunion to celebrate the last missionary coming home. That, and weddings, so great for getting a family together. You guys sure know how to have fun.
Post a Comment