Friday, July 16, 2010

{{UTAH Fun...}}

D and I left for Utah Sunday morn......
 {Can you tell I was a little excited for the break!}
for D's work conference at the Marriott in downtown slc.
 SO nice and fancy!!
 The kids stayed 2 at grandmas thanks mom!! and 2 stayed at friends! So nice to not have to worry about them and they had fun too!!! 
{{Thanks DJ for filling in too ur the best!!}}
It was so fun to be spoiled all week to much food, luncheons fancy dress up meals, fun and shopping gateway there were a few stores I've always wanted to get too but never have been able too yet like tia pan trading!!Rod works!! Someday I'll actually have time to get to the places I've always wanted too but never have time to get too!!
The whole week was was a great break! i had to go to some of the conference too but it was on marriage and  related stuff to the ranch and ranch life. We also got to hear presiding Bishopric Bishop Mcmullin and his wife speak to us and they made us all cry it was an incredible talk! Pretty much about what matters most and what we should be doing!
I also met up with my roommates after 15 years Crazy that I can even write that!!

It was so so fun to get together and feel as though no time went by! We had lunch and talked the whole time it was so fun. I got to met a blogger Jill she is so sweet thoughtful and cute!!
 And her little K is adorable too!! We only had a short time so we went to temple square
 and talked it was so fun to meet her!! Thanks again Jill!!
 Thursday morn we headed home long drive,
 home saw the aftermath of a semi turned over made me thankful we weren't a few minutes ahead cause it wasn't a pretty scene!
SO much fun most of all just getting to spend all the time with D! 
We had a lot of laughs and enjoyed it all!! And the only pics of the two of us together are the ones we took ourselves ha ha!! So fun! It's so nice to get away together and remember that you still got it as a couple fun memories!! That's what its all about!
Have a great weekend!!!

11 comments:

Amy said...

Sounds like a GREAT quick getaway, sometimes those are the best kind. Gives you a fresh boost to tackle life again.

Lynn said...

Welcome back! I know how good it feels to get away and "refresh". It somehow makes the world seem all good again. I bet the kids were SO happy to see you. And you them. LOL!

You guys are so much fun. Love the shots of excitement.

And how fun is that getting to meet another blogger, eh? ; D

P.S. E-mail me. I think I know one of your roommates from somewhere. She looks SO familiar! The one sitting kitty corner across from you.

Alison said...

What a fun trip! So fun to get away and enjoy some couple time. And I love SLC. Cute little K2's birthday! Love his #1 onesie and that adorable cake! It's funny how he is into EVERYTHING! Cute little guy. Your family pictures turned out gorgeous. What a beautiful family. Looks like your summer is going along fabulously!

Tyler and Kristin Smith said...

After reading this, I want a pink shirt.
Your trip looked great...

Betsy said...

That sounds perfect! All couples need that time away from the kids just to enjoy being a couple again! Then you are excited to see your kids again and I think it makes you a better mom.

PS- you look adorable in that pink shirt! LOVE IT. :)

JANEAL said...

It sounds like you had a great time. I hope you come to Utah again so I can meet up with you :)

Christine Dallimore said...

What a super fun trip...aside from the smei-yikes!! It looks like you had so much fun. I LOVE visiting the Salt Lake Temple!!! Your family pictures....LOVE them...like A LOT! Oh and the chore sticks? SO making me some of those soon! Adorable!!!

ehjenn said...

So fun, I love it! You look hot and yes super excited.I love getting away with my hub. It is so nice to reconnect and just remember how much fun you can have when not thinking about everyday stuff. Glad you had fun.
Loves ya!

whitney said...

Glad the trip was fun. I want to hear all about what you bought! Brad thought it would be funny when you guys were in Cardston to hook onto your boat and pull it around to our house. I told him that was going a little too far and Darren might cry. I'll be home sometime Sunday I think.

whitney said...

Glad the trip was fun. I want to hear all about what you bought! Brad thought it would be funny when you guys were in Cardston to hook onto your boat and pull it around to our house. I told him that was going a little too far and Darren might cry. I'll be home sometime Sunday I think.

The Lowry's said...

What a fun trip. Glad you were able to get away together.