Thursday, August 19, 2010

{ BIRTH days..links and prayers} Thankfulness...

 

This morning my little sister {and her husband}
 had a
2 lb baby girl
who they named
INDIA LAMORA
she is born three months premature
she is thriving and so far doing good and healthy as expected
but if you can say a little prayer for them 
that would be awesome!
The poor girl and her husband have had a fair share of trials since they got married if you remember she is the same one who met with an "I'm having a bad day and I'm going to make an example of you" angry immigration officer in England when going over to be with her husband for the summer after being married 2 weeks before that..... GOT DEPORTED then finally after a year of being apart with a few visit's in between.... they got back together in march, got pregnant and 6 months into it she delivers this beautiful baby girl who we pray will fight and grow and thrive!
so my little sister is a mommy today with a fighter of a princess.... who needs all the prayers we can send their way...
-----------------------------------------------
L turned 6 this week! My baby girl is 6 that is crazy...
we spent the day with a family party and her friend party will be soon
she wanted ice cream cake so that's what she got: she wanted a tea set and a doll....


The doll came in the mail I ordered it from and amazingly talented girl Christine here is her link she makes them to look like your little ones 
L loves her doll!
She had a fun birthday and  the first thing she said when she woke up and came into our room was
"dad and mom it's the weirdest thing I feel like i'm taller its so weird" we had a good laugh!
and here is the recipe for her 
ice cream cake 


graham crust {2 cups crumbs/1/2 cup icing sugar and 1/2 cup melted butter cook for about 8 minutes at 350 cool completely}
gallon of vanilla ice cream {softened}
can of lemonade

...mix ice cream and the can of lemonade till smoother and blended

then pour over cooled crust save some of the crust for the top sprinkle that over top and I happened to have a lemon in the fridge so I added some finely grated rind to the mixture and top

then freeze over night or for the day cut in squares and serve 
our family loves it!
-------------------------------------------
and for some links
LOVE THIS POST HERE
great post!
Nice to know there are parents out there standing up we need more of them for this day and age especially!!
---------------------------------------------
and most amazing hair product ever! made for back combers everywhere!
its awesome you don't even need to backcomb it with this seriously amazing!
its called DUST IT
--------------------------------------
then.... I love give aways especially if I ever win this time I won this necklace from sosobella designs..... a day after I placed an order to vintage pearl after debating for like a year! what are the chances!But the best part..... my skin didn't have a reaction to it and I wore it the whole day!
--------------------------------
and then onto awesome things like these for school lunches I really want them for my kids! From here thanks for sharing terisa!
and to go with lunch talk here are some fun free downloads for notes in there lunches I love sending notes and the kids look forward to them one year K's grade one teacher made a book with all of them in it at the end of the year it was awesome!
-------------------------------------------
 and I have to add this babe
he may have slept for a year not quite but over the past month and half he has developed the sweetest little personality that we all can't get enough of!! 
-He waves and says nite nite {when he feels like it of course} 
-he said "up" to me yesterday 
he loves the phone and says hi hi and is fascinated with whoever is one the other end usually he says dad dad!
-he is getting braver walking everywhere and getting into EVERYTHING
-he loves bathing or swimming with his brothers
-he is beyond ticklish and has the best laugh
-he loves to eat {and now smears his food in his hair all over his face the tray the floor ahhh} 
-he loves trucks books and story time
-he is such a handsome fun baby that we all can't get enough of we sure LOVE him!!!

and my favorite quote of the year probably....
“There is no way to be a perfect mother, and a million ways to be a good one” 
--Jill Churchill

Have a great weekend 
and don't forget to send some prayers my sisters way!

9 comments:

Lynn said...

Been praying for your sister all day. I can't get a hold of anyone yet......but still working on it. SO don't you worry. I will let you know when I do for sure.

Thanks for the ice cream recipe! And what a gorgeous necklace!!

And I'm glad you posted Clover Lane's post. She is awesome isn't she?

Hugs!

Kimberly said...

I'll be praying for your sister's little family.

I love those lunch boxes! I've been looking at them for awhile now, and keep thinking I should just go ahead and order a couple.

Alison said...

I'll be praying for your sister too. I hope all goes well for them and their sweet little baby girl.

I LOVE L's doll! Adorable! Christine is amazing. Birthdays are so fun! Happy weekend!

Holly said...

Ooooh! Don't you LOVE Christine's dolls?! L's is SO cute with her little glasses! ♥!!! Thanks for sharing that quote, I used it on my blog too! LOVED it! We got to visit with Jim Campbell's family last night from FL, of course I told them I knew you! :)

Loving India's name! CUTE CUTE! I can pray for her! We know how hard it is to be that early! We will keep praying for miracles!

Have an awesome weekend girl!

Christine Dallimore said...

Totally sending big prayers your way...Love the name India by the way!!!

I'm also glad L likes her doll! If she ever needs friends or extra clothes let me know...I'll give you a really BIG discount!! :O)

Also loving all of the links. I just love reading your blog. It's like looking through one of my very favorite magazines- but tons better!!! OOO- and I can't wait to try that cake recipe for my little one's birthday!!!

Jill said...

Those dolls are to die for. So stinkin cute! Some people are beyond talented. And I hope everything turns out okay for your sister and her baby. Life is so fragile but there are so many miracles that can happen.
How cute K2 is starting to talk...LOVE this stage!!

Amy said...

Dang that is a very cute doll! I wish Hanna would still be into dolls so I could order one, but she's lost interested sigh.
Beautiful baby name. I can't imagine what your sister's going through. Yep, she's had her fair share of trials lately. Well, grow baby India, grow!!

Kelly said...

Oh Christal! I love your blog also. Thanks so much for leaving me some love. I will say prayers for your sister also. Carmen and I share the same sister in law. We can't wait to get to Canada to play with them all soon. Have a lovely day and I feel like I'll be leaving love for you here often x

LindsayB said...

my thoughts and prayers are with your sister and her little family. i love that doll for lauren! i want one for me! after i drop my summer 5 pound weight gain i want to make that dessert, i hope i can wait! we need to play right now!