"You have nothing in this world more precious than your children. When you grow old, when your hair turns white and your body grows weary, when you are prone to sit in a rocker and meditate on the things of your life, nothing will be so important as the question of how your children have turned out ... Do not trade your birthright as a mother for some bauble of passing value ... The baby you hold in your arms will grow quickly as the sunrise and the sunset of the rushing days."
President Gordon B. Hinckley
and so...
and so...
What a weekend getting ready for back to school, getting things done and organized and ready for a new year...so last night we had
A
They had so much fun putting on all their new clothes and somehow the hat came out too!! Then we read the kissing hand and off to bed, L was up so early ready to go she couldn't wait to go to school... we were a ready to go half an hour before we had to leave they were so cute!! Its probably the first year I didn't cry dropping them off this morning because we were all ready for it to start I guess and I'm sorry but I won't cry sending M to preschool next week love him but it's going to be a great thing for him and me!! I'm looking forward to all the new things he will learn and grow from this year!!!
First day of grade 1 wow!!
First day of gr. 3 can't believe it!
The years are going by so fast!
And of course some fun, & crazy pics too..
check out his pj bottoms.... he decided he was a walker last monday and pretty much walks now!!
-----------------------------------------------
ME THINKS..
So I thought this quote was appropriate for today...
“If you are still in the process of raising children, be aware. The tiny
fingerprints that show up on almost every newly cleaned surface, the
toys scattered around the house, the piles and piles of laundry lying
around to be tackled, will disappear all too soon. And, you will, to
your surprise, miss them profoundly.”~President Thomas S. Monson
fingerprints that show up on almost every newly cleaned surface, the
toys scattered around the house, the piles and piles of laundry lying
around to be tackled, will disappear all too soon. And, you will, to
your surprise, miss them profoundly.”~President Thomas S. Monson
.... I really feel like time is going by so fast and before we know it our kids will be gone....
and
we'll miss those fingerprints on the widows, walls and big screen, the crusty food stuck to the floor and counters, the dirty bathtub, the wet boggery shoulders from their tears, the early morning snuggles, the late night rocks, the story time and fhe where they really listen, the I love you's mom/dad for no reason at all, the dirty clothes everywhere but where they are supposed to be
and
we'll miss those fingerprints on the widows, walls and big screen, the crusty food stuck to the floor and counters, the dirty bathtub, the wet boggery shoulders from their tears, the early morning snuggles, the late night rocks, the story time and fhe where they really listen, the I love you's mom/dad for no reason at all, the dirty clothes everywhere but where they are supposed to be
{I suppose that won't change if you still have a husband ha ha lol!!}
all the things we get cranky about now..... what will it matter when they are gone it will be for nothing.... those clean tables we didn't want them to sit at won't matter then or now but are we losing out on what we could be enjoying and realize the
stuff is only stuff
and its the kids that matter most and if they feel more valuable then the "stuff" in the end all that other stuff won't matter.....that's not what goes with you in the end....... its these little ones that do..... isn't that what counts?
stuff is only stuff
and its the kids that matter most and if they feel more valuable then the "stuff" in the end all that other stuff won't matter.....that's not what goes with you in the end....... its these little ones that do..... isn't that what counts?
"Our house is clean enough to be healthy, and dirty enough to be happy. ~Author Unknown
so don't blink because before we know it.... it goes from this
to this
wow seriously hard to believe and each year just keeps going by faster and faster!
The most important time is now teaching them helping them to learn and grow and make choices and helping them become what they will be think about that, its a big job!!
--------------------------------------------------
So because its like the new year for me getting back into routine, starting things that are long overdue and doing what needs done
I found this tip from the book
"Tip a day for Healthy living"
anyway its on
how to find out how much time we are wasting each day..
Keep track of everything you do today. write down what you do and approximately what time you do it . For example
6:00 shower, prayers, scripture
7:oo breakfast kids bathed
7:30 dishes, baby bathed
8:00 start laundry pick up house
8:10 take kids to school
and so forth....
Keeping a long of your "time use" for just one day will help you identify potential windows of oppurtunity to find some time for yourself--to excersise to eat healthy, or to take a quiet moment to de stress. You may have to swap an activity or steal 10 minutes here or there.
This time use log will also help you realize the sheer amount of time youb likely spend serving and doing things for others. This is important. we are so hard on ourselves, beating ourselves up because we "didn't get to" this or that. Give credit where credit is due! You work hard! its okay and nesessary to take a few moments to ourselves. This helps you find the strength to do the things we were sent here to do!!!
HAVE a GReat Week!!
{ps UPDATE ON little ms INDIA }
My poor sister and her husband got sick last weekend and haven't been able to go in to see little india {until they are all the way better so sad!! my parents were able to go up this weekend to visit with them so that was good even if liv and guy couldn't see India what a journey!! thanks for the contined notes prayers and love for them!}











10 comments:
I cannot believe how little K is in his preschool pic. Now I have to go and find my kids pics so I can say WOW about them too. And thanks for all the great quotes.
TTYS
awe, i luv that little pic of K in pre-school. and how fun of an idea to do a fashion show!!!
luv all the back to school photos
loved the update. your kids back-to-school pics are so cute!
We love the kissing hand too!
I loved your quotes about raising children. It's hard to believe one day they won't be so little anymore...
thanks for the reminder!
p.s. I decided one day I'm having a blog party and inviting everyone that I read their blogs. (which is pretty much everyone in this world.)it will be in 2011 when I have a new house. Write it down.
so cute!! tell them to stop growing.
fun idea to do a fashion show. L's hair is super cute.
Totally forgot about the kissing hand book, I have it packed in my college stuff. Madi would love it.
hope Livi and Guy get to see that little baby again soon. We will keep praying!!
:D We need to hang out more. I love your pictures. Do you have a layout you use?
I just have to say that you amaze me.
Your kids are SO darn cute!!!!
That little L with her new hair do, is a total mini you. It's just so adorable!! I love it.
Your idea of keeping a log is a great one. Thanks for the constant ideas and inspiration! You are the best!
Laura I've become addicted to picasa 3 free downnload on the internet its made by google so it doesn't hurt your computer or use up memory! I love it I'm having fun learning new things and making collages and banners and invites seriously fun!!! here is a link that describes how to make a banner !!!
http://memoriesoncloverlane.blogspot.com/2009/08/tutorial-on-how-to-make-blog-banner.html
have fun!
Great pictures and great motivation (as usual!) :) Love those tips of improving too!
Post a Comment