Tuesday, August 10, 2010

{ Me Thinks....}



..in and out
A new month already summer is more than half over and
.... July went by so fast.....it was
so crazy busy I feel like today is the first day I have sat and relaxed & almost caught up on laundry...
 after a month of ......
family pictures {twice our with fam and D's whole fam} 
those are to come when we get them back...here`s the one I forgot to order from Kinsey but she nicely added it for me! I want to put it on a large canvas for my basement can`t wait!
I love that M is looking up to k, That L is watching carefully where she is walking that K2 is watching them all and that D and I are trying our best to walk straight ahead and have them follow just like life and the background is the ranch that D is in the General Manager over. 
I ♥ it.
its perfectly imperfect. us.

a trip to Utah
visitors and company
babysitting
air mattresses all over the basement for a month
homecomings
{love this picture M was the first to run up to uncle ryan in the airport and he was only barely 2 when ry left..so cute}

reunions..
waterton

family dinners

swimming
swim lessons

parties 
bbq's
drama
campfires
parades
birthdays
unbirthday party {thanks mom}
 boating
cousins
going away parties
2 trips to ER for M
spray park

lots of driving from here to there
Zoo ...{pun intended lol}
movies 
{{m wore his "cd3D" glasses all around after we went to shrek}
cool kid that he is ha ha} 
Lake
SO FUN but
I AM SO TIRED....and
ready to relax and enjoy some D&C family time
so we have a couple camping/boating trips planned before school starts and we are all looking forward to it! that and school starting...
 -------------------------------------------
ME THINKS 

“Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You.”


To each their own but for me 
This is me. This is who I am.
and its okay to be ME and its okay to be YOU.
We are all different.
I am a short 5'2 big haired, big shoes
feisty, impatient stubborn {sometimes} kind of girl.
My Norwegian side of me shines through alot.
I like organization and communication.
 I enjoy getting up early walking/running because thats what makes me feel better.
I like to have my prayers said scriptures read and shower done before my kids get up because thats how I function best. 
{doesn't happen everyday but for the most part}
Doesn't work for everyone but it works for ME.
I like to get things done before I go to bed and start each day fresh because that is what works for
ME. Getting up to a clean house feels good.
I like to take lots of pictures and I have a nice camera because I like to take pictures now not 10 seconds after I push the button missing all the action and the reason I took the picture in the first place. Pictures are important to me and I am responsible in sending 4 sets of pictures multiple times a year to my children's birth parents therefore to ME it is a good investment.
I like to get my nails done once a month because I like it. I used to do them myself before I had 4 kids and no time but getting them done lasts all month not three days before I pick it off. SO the 20 bucks is worth it to me. Besides it the only pretty thing that wakes up every morning with me. lol
I get embarrassed when my kids do things in public like pee on a tree at a friends party like they've never been taught to us a bathroom or something, or scream and cry in a playhouse under blankets that they are tired and want to go home, while 20 kids stare at them wondering what they are doing...or seem as though they have no manners...
I get frustrated with people who don't do what they say they will and misunderstandings and back biting really bug me.....
comments meant to belittle and hurt people... bother me...
contention and competition bother me.

Where is this all coming from?? Lately I 've run into old friends and received comments about certain things or snide remarks meant as a joke or otherwise.... because I like to do things the way I do them..or just who we are.
but this is ME. 
I am who I am.
and it is what it is. 
What you see.... is  pretty much just what it is.
I write how I feel on here and some days its good or bad, but I feel like we always need to have a positive attitude and HOPE for the future. That things happen for a reason and we are who we are for reason.  

Each one of us is shaped by the events and happenings in our lives.
Our circumstances and experiences shape us from a young age.
We have no idea what people are really like inside their aches, hurts, feelings, past experiences they and each of us has been through to get us to where we are today.
I  sometimes get emails or messages from awesome people sometimes ones I don't know in real life..... asking me how I do it or that we seem so perfect...whatever that definition may be but I can assure you we are far from it...just like most people.
Although they make my day I hope that this blog doesn't make it look like that is how our life is...
we are striving to do our best but for the record
 we are not perfect by any means
My kids fight sometimes
M has been taken out of sacrament every Sunday of his life.
i raise my voice to much sometimes
I am impatient a lot more than I should be.
We are late sometimes 
i cry i hurt and I have fears just like alot of you.
etc etc....just like all of us we are working on it. 
Day by day that's what we do. 
We are happy, we are blessed  and we have fun but we are just like everyone else working on forever.
Yes I like my kids to match or I like them clean and pressed but does that make me so different.
You might like to wear your pj's all day, I like like to get completely ready either way who cares we are all individuals and all here for the same reason none of us better than each other, and each of us should be treated just as that. 
No matter what we look like, feel like or no matter what we are going through we should be able to depend on one another. Not feel judged and scoffed on for who we are.
We all have our strengths and weaknesses some of us more than others but its okay its who we are.
Get past the outside cover and find out what's really inside.
Judging is a waste of time, really get to know someone before you judge a book by its cover.
 SO Take time for yourself and find the strength to do the things you were sent here to do.
There isn't time for all that "other" stuff.
    What lies behind us
    And what lies before us
    Are tiny matters compared
    To what lies within Us
    Have a great week...

15 comments:

Kristyn said...

So needed this. I have been so tired on not being ME for quite sometime because of what others say.
If we could remember that nobody is perfect. Just because others are trying their hardest doesn't mean they are.
Some have their imperfections on the outside, others and I believe most are on the inside.
I'm so tired of judging, gossiping and all that comes with that.
I wish we could all just try to look for the best in each other, and stop trying to find the worst.
Life is tough without people trying to hurt us.
thanks for sharing some of you.
sure love ya!!!

Kristyn said...

p.s. it has been such a crazy summer. I love that family picture. we get ours this week!!! ya

dust and kam said...

I love this post!!

I love being me! Even if me isn't what everyone else thinks it should be.

I love your family photos! They are perfect!

have a great week!

M said...

Great post Christal! I needed this to day to remind me that its ok to be me.

LOVE the fam pics! You look gorgeous!

Tyler and Kristin Smith said...

I really really loved this. So refreshing.
We're all different, yet we really do all want the same things. To be US, and have people alright with that.

Amy said...

Whatever, I'm sure there is more pretty to you in the morning than just your nails, goofy girl.
Well, I'm a jammie wearer who admires your ability to get up and go each morning. Sorry you've had to deal with snippy comments.
What a crazy busy summer you've already had. And more camping/boating to come?! Wow! Hope they're safe and fun trips. And I hope you get a bit of R and R before school starts.

Lynn said...

Oh man! Why didn't you write this post LAST week!!! (Kidding). But seriously....you may have noticed that I quit blogging basically for a couple of weeks. My heart just wasn't in it......for basically the same reasons you pointed out.....some people just don't let others just "be". I just am who I am. I let them be who they are......why can't they just let me be me. I know that sounds all whiny and all.......but I actually was letting it get to me.

Thanks So much for sharing this post!!! You continue to amaze me with words that I just can't seem to write down.

P.S. LOVE the real YOU!!!! Always have. And your pictures totally rock. I really loved what you said here "its perfectly imperfect. us." I need get that one in vinyl. LOL! SO TRUE, though how I feel about my own family.

Holly said...

I am totally LOVING your family pics, as I already told you on facebook & that sweater is SO cute on YOU! I think that if everyone was just themselves the world would be such a great place! You are amazing, don't ever change for anyone! I know I sure look up to you!

LindsayB said...

CUTE family pictures! i really wish that i was a morning person like you. it is my dream to be up and have all that done before the kids the kids get up but it rarely happens, and my kids sleep until 8 and i still like sleep too much! but i guess I'm ME and you are YOU and that's just the way it is and that's ok right! and as if the only time i see you all summer is bring m to the er!

Sharalee said...

Well said! I needed that, you probably needed that and I'm sure lots of people who read your blog needed it as well. You're the best!!

Mandy said...

I actually already saw your pictures on Kinsey's website. She did an amazing job. We're hoping she'll do our in the fall.

I think everyone struggles with being who they are. Even those who write rude, snide remarks. It's one thing to think them and let it go, but it's a whole other to say them or write them.

You are a great person and although I don't know you super well, I really admire you and think you are beautiful just for being who YOU are.

You're inspiring and kind and happy and beautiful (inside and out) and you do the best you can.

Be true to who you are and don't let anyone else try to tell you who they think you should or shouldn't be or do!

Sharon said...

I have seen a few of the braggy types, and YOU are not it. You are YOU, and YOU rock :)

ps - "You" looks funny when you spell it a lot of times in a row

Katelyn said...

Can I say I'm so glad we are sisters! Okay in-law but that doesn't matter. I'm glad you are YOU because it gives me an example and motivation to be a good mom and a good me. It can be hard to let comments go but it helps when you understand who you are and why you do the things you do. So thanks for sharing them! Love you tons.

Alison said...

LOVE your family picture!!!! Every single one of you is so darn cute. And you are one gorgeous mama. I know I yell too much some days and wish I was a better mom. We're all struggling but all doing the best we can. Thanks for the inspiration to keep on being our true selves. You're amazing!

Kim said...

That's a great picture of you and love the family picture!! It was fun reading through all the things about you and getting to know you better that way :)