Friday, August 6, 2010

{Thankful Thursday.....}

Thought this was a fitting quote for this post....


For this.... for forgiveness.... for the tears...... for all the small petty things that seem so big sometimes...... but don't even compare to this.....how easy it should be to forgive the small things and how much harder it is the bigger it is... but it is done and it is possible...
Click Here
------------------------------
I amThankful for the knowledge of right and wrong for the gospel of Jesus Christ in my life. For the pure happiness if lived it can bring.
I look around and see the world falling apart everywhere.everyday literally and figuratively.
.... "in serious moral decay"..
and I wonder how we can honestly last this long here.... i know there are lots of things left to happen,
but here's my beef {soapbox} for TODAY
read here
 God created ADAM AND EVE
not
Adam and STEVE 
for a reason... one we all know what it is
there IS NO redefining God's laws it isn't an option and in the end we will all see that
....there is a clean definition of the reason we are all here.
That being said Each to their own.
But when the people have spoken and then the whiners whine
we know who has the final say in the end...and it clearly is not we the people its JUDGES And GOVERNMENT
But for now it seems we the people have no say
why have a vote?? a prop 8? that
CLEARLY  was won by the majority...to be than
 taken to JUDGES and GOVERNMENT
its a sad day when the majority loses after they won.
When the people voiced their opinion and yet it made no difference.
NO MATTER WHAT IT WAS ABOUT.
So sad what kind of precedence it sets.
What happens when STEVE wants to marry his DOG!!
What's next. My poor children.
Sodom and Gomorrah comes to mind.
Do we never learn as a society. NO.
What once was comes back even stronger and wickeder.
and it will continue.
But the most important work we can do on this earth is within the walls of our own homes teaching our children right from wrong.
Teaching them where true happiness can be found.
 I got my wall updated with color this time it took  some getting used to  but I really like the freshness it adds! I am more than Thankful for these four awesome kids love them so so much!
--------------------------------------
We are finished swim lessons today and they all love them but little L LOVES them it is something she excels at and is a little fish she wants to be a lifeguard so she will have every oppurtunity to get there!! She loves it!!
--------------------------
So thankful for the times my kids sit at this counter and play or make something especially during summer because it has been the busiest summer ever one thing to the next, and i am really really ready for some routine cause that's how I function!!! But it makes my heart happy when they play so good with each other!
thankful for  culture experience and the opportunity to show my children others cultures we went to a pow wow on Wednesday the kids loved it and it was fun to watch for awhile! After we took them to the park and let them play...K2 loves swings he laughs and laughs its so adorable!!

I'm also thankful for the storms that come cause they remind me of what I need to be doing and preparing for. We have had some serious thunder storms that last for a long time Awesome power there!!  and I love it! not what it does to the farmers but I love the change I would be a storm tracker if I could I love it!

--------------------------------------------------  
BE THANKFUL


Be thankful that you don't already have everything you desire. If you did, what would there be to look forward to?
Be thankful when you don't know something, for it gives you the opportunity to learn.
Be thankful for the difficult times. During those times you grow.
Be thankful for your limitations, because they give you opportunities for improvement.
Be thankful for your mistakes. They will teach you valuable lessons.
Be thankful when you're tired and weary, because it means you've made a difference.
It's easy to be thankful for the good things.
A life of rich fulfillment comes to those who are also thankful for the setbacks.
Find a way to be thankful for your troubles, and they can become your blessings.


Have a great weekend...
What are you most thankful for?

5 comments:

Alison said...

Oh my goodness, I cried and cried during that video. I'm so thankful for the gospel and that if we live the principles we are taught we can truly find peace and really be happy, especially during trials. That was a really neat video, thanks for sharing. And your kids are so cute! I'm glad they get along so well. Love Miss L's haircut! Happy weekend to you!

Lynn said...

My sister in South Jordan knows both those families who were involved in that video. I clearly remember the day she found out that they were BOTH from her Stake. I can't believe so much time has already gone by since then. I LOVED this video because I always wondered what they were doing now. AMAZING!!!!! Much better than I ever thought. Wow. Wow. Wow.

I'm glad you mentioned Prop eight. I was stunned too!! What is democracy, if what the people vote on and say by majority does NOT matter in the end. What a waste!!! It's like a country run by dictators. Seriously.

Love the pic of your kids all together at the bar stools. So cute. Clearly the family rules you are teaching them (plaque in the background) is working. Especially number 6. ; D

Just Rhonda said...

yep yep yep yep yep. I agree with you. And I love that you take a stand and let it be known what we know to be right and wrong.

Jocelyn said...

Oh how I am with you on the people's vote. It needs to be respected. It makes me look forward to the Second Coming!

I fb shared the video. I have never seen it. It is AMAZING. The true love of Christ. Thanks for sharing it so we can all learn from him and become more like him.

Nikki said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.