So there's this book and lately I've heard from so many people that it is well awesome....
called "The BOOK OF AWESOME" I have it on hold at the library I'm only number 41 or something like that, but I can't wait to read it. From what I can tell its about the simple things in life the things that make life awesome that we don't even realize or that we take for granted ......little things reading over some of them brought back so many memories..some made me smile laugh..or think to myself other people do that too?
I am So thankful for laughter. family. memories. time.
for living where I do, for having the GOSPEL in my life and realizing more each year that
its the little things that make the big things in life....
its finding that
if we
"Little things, it turns out, are extremely important to happiness, and The Book of Awesome will remind you of a thousand little things that will make you happier."--website
#417 The sound of water lapping against a dock
#418 Carrying the ice cube tray you just filled up all the way back to the freezer without spilling
#412 The air just before a thunderstorm
#414 Driving home from a long trip and getting all your radio stations back
#415 When you’re not the new guy anymore
#401 The sound of dry leaves blowing across an empty parking lot
#404 When someone’s leaving the bathroom at the same time as you so you don’t have to touch the door
#376 Realizing you still remember the words to a song you haven’t heard in years
#373 When you think you’re out of candy but then find one more left in the package
#358 When you sneeze and fart at the same time so nobody notices the fart....... It’s like getting away with something illegal.
#360 Finally cleaning your disgustingly filthy windshield
#353 Seeing Christmas trees through the window
#341 Saying ‘See you next year!’ to everyone on new year’s eve and then laughing hysterically
#335 Catching someone you love admiring you from across the room
so did any of these strike something in you too?
---------------------------
Awesome eh check it out for yourself
-------------------------------
Speaking of AWESOME I have four little awesome's each one perfect in their own little package...not a day goes by that I don't thank my Heavenly Father for these four awesome children. I'm not a katy Perry fan but for some reason when I heard this song I heard it in a different way and I thought of each of my kids and how much I want for them in this life....
You don't have to feel like a waste of space
You're original, cannot be replaced
If you only knew what the future holds
After a hurricane comes a rainbow
Maybe you're reason why all the doors are closed
So you can open one that leads you to the perfect road
Like a lightning bolt, your heart will glow
And when it's time, you'll know
You just gotta ignite the light
And let it shine
Just own the night
Like the Fourth of July
Cause baby you're a firework
Come on show 'em what your worth
Make 'em go "Oh, oh, oh!"
As you shoot across the sky-y-y
---------------------------------------------




9 comments:
Loved this post Christal! I'll have to read that book. Love the list of things to be grateful for! The fart and sneeze one made me laugh! :) We have so many blessings and sometimes it's so nice to stop and remember them all! I haven't heard that Katy Perry song but what neat lyrics. Thanks for sharing! As always!!!!
AWESOME post!! Lol! I MUST show this to D.....remember his love of the word awesome? Hee HEe.
Oh, and I think this would be a PERFECT awesome gift to give him for his birthday coming up. He'll get a real kick out of this AWESOME book. ; D
Thanks!
I bought the book, it is TOTALLY Awesome!! It is worth the buy, trust me!
You are soooo inspirational...your blog is DEFINATELY one of my most favorites. I really look forward to reading your blog each time I see you've updated.
I have already requested that book from the library!! :)
One of yours triggered a thought for me....Coming home after a long trip, walking in the door, and that peaceful feeling of "I'm HOME"...love it.
This post was AWESOME- thanks, I needed this reminder today!
I totally need that book now! Loved the ice cube tray one! Actually I can relate to and loved alot of them!!!
I totally need that book now! Loved the ice cube tray one! Actually I can relate to and loved alot of them!!!
Hey. I am back. Just had to let you know I went out and got that book last night at Chapters with my discount card. SO thanks! I am giving it to Dean for his birthday. I believe I am safe in saying that here. lol.
It was funny though....I had not heard about this book until your post...
I walked into the house with it in my hands, and three of my kids all at once said {RIGHT out loud at the top of their lungs..} "You got the book of AWESOME!!}
ha ha. I guess they've heard of it. Good thing D wasn't home. But I was like "Shhhh!!!!!"
P.S. Pg. 59 cracked me up big time!!!! Awesome.
Post a Comment