.....Because I think a week has gone by and life just gets busier and busier with kids, work, vacations, a wedding :) and school starting....
1} We went to Montana last Wednesday camping boating and enjoyed spending time as a family just us the kids said it was the best ever and they had lots of fun so that is a successful vacation to me :)
2} Had a wedding shower for my soon to be sil saturday night....went to another wedding shower last night and gno all so fun to get out relax and remember I have friends and to have some me time after the last two months don't get me wrong..... summer has been fun its just throws me all to not be organized scheduled and routined since I kind of thrive on that!
3} Read this book the walk and starting the second... so good I love reading books that make me think and make me thankful for what I have and the trials I have too because life could be so much worse!
I love these lines from the first book
"The things that happen to you are apart of you, you decide what part they are of you. You can be a spring of gratitude and joy, or you can be a fountain of bitterness and pain. It is entirely up to you."
4} Making 150 cookies and squares for saturdays wedding so made these so far they are so good recipe here....any awesome ideas for squares or cookies that are exciting and different??? care to share
5} Got school supplies 3 boys haircuts they look so much better :) and dr visits... All in all yesterday was a productive day....I love days like that!
6} What do you call your in laws
a} nothing
b} mom and dad
c} by their first names
just curious I've never call mine anything but all good things :) I even know why I find it hard to call them mom and dad or first names but I do they are so different than my parents I know its crazy and
weird I know but I either talk to their face or yeah .....
7}September is the craziest money month ever! Fees, sports, dance, lunch this and that not looking forward to that part! And I know that I'll probably get some hate comments ha ha but I'm kind of looking forward to fall and all that comes with it the smells, colors, sweaters, thanksgiving all of it. Summer is fun vacations are fun but I like having seasons and changes...{although the 8 month winters are a little tiring and long that is for sure so maybe I'll just shut up :)
8} Loving these pinterest lovelies
9}K2 is talking so good he said his prayers for the first time this week repeating after us, he is the most tender hearted child I've ever seen.... he got into the rolo's for the cookies today and caught him shoving them in his mouth he felt so bad he was sobbing and then went to bed how can you get mad at that, he is saying more and more each day...love this kid
10} This is my "tribute" to Carly cause she is expecting it {ha ha} my soon to be in 4 days newest sister in law she is the 18th in d's family of the kids and spouses.... wow eh the last wedding in both of our families! Fun though she and Ryan are so cute! The more we get to know her the more we like her ! And I had hoped for a whole collage of beautiful pics by megan maxwell that are stunning but apparently you can't steal from facebook anymore which is a good thing i guess wish I could do that on here for my little picture thieves :)
Anyway we are all so excited for her to join our gigantic expanding family. She joined the church a few years back and is such an example to me... for her faith, courage and ability to be strong and take charge and make as many people comfortable as she can with a new situation one that is different than the norm, one that her family isn't used to and its been refreshing to watch two families come together, work together and make things work for everyone.
She is happy, knows how to get things done, cute, fun and sassy all in one! So we are all excited to have her as part of the family!~ Sometimes in a family so big you can often times feel a little lost or not part of things occasionaly....
but I hope they both feel all our families love for them now and forever!
but I hope they both feel all our families love for them now and forever!









10 comments:
glad you had a great trip. It really is always great to getaway just as a family.
Well I call my in-laws mom and dad. It was way weird at first, but now it's a little easier.
My mom told me she would LOVE Rus to call her mom when I asked her, she wished so bad the others would too. So he calls my mom,mom and my dad, Rod. It was their preference.
I think it's funny you haven't called them anything all these years. Everyone else calls them mom and dad in the family so that made it easier for me. Maybe you won't feel like such a number if you join the mom and dad bandwagon. =)
We are excited for Ryan and Carly too. They are a good match.
As much as this heat is killing me some days, we are soaking it in. DO you remember how LONG our cold fall/winters can be??
Looks like a great FAM vacation! I am with you on looking forward to fall, sweaters, and structure. Although this summer sure has been busier than Fall has ever seemed to be! What's up with that, eh?
My dad is like you. He and mom have been married for 47 years, but he's never called my mom's mom anything. He just makes sure he is face to face to says something to her. lol. But it sure took me a long time to call my FIL "dad". He was always "Mr." to me, since he was my high school principal. ; P HA Ha.
Those cookies you made look amazing! Care to share the recipe?
How about these squares...these are amazing to us. Not sure if they are what you are looking for. But I tell ya....SO good, chewy and addicting:
http://kraftykatrina.blogspot.com/2009/07/caramel-brownies.html
These are REALLY good too, if no one is allergic to peanut butter:
http://makingmemorieswithyourkids.blogspot.com/2010/09/triple-layer-brownies.html
These and These are ALSO good:
http://www.makeandtakes.com/cake-mix-cookies
I just use whatever meltable candies I have....rolo would work too.
http://www.makeandtakes.com/cadbury-creme-filled-cookies
I love your pinterest lovelies. I was just looking on-line today at someone else's pics..... kind of like these too! {Top and bottom Far left. Especially paired with a layered T, and or Cardigan, and a great pair of casual boots.
Thanks for the book recommendation. Gotta check those out.
Have fun with all the wedding plans! Sounds like fun.
Oops forgot to give you the link to the dresses I was talking about. Sorry.
http://perksofbeingawallflowerr.tumblr.com/post/9235414658
which lake did you hit? And I can totally see you wearing all of those outfits from pintrest. :D I'm looking forward to school starting, but I'm still not ready for fall. If we could have the same fall as last year I might be a little happier about it. The only thing I can think of to be happy about the changing of the seasons is that I can get fall scents from scentsy and my house will smell all cinnamony (sp) and wonderful as if I bake all the time. :o)
I called my in-laws mom and dad. I have a very close relationship with my father-in-law is the reason I do and I didn't want to make my mother-in-law feel left out. The rest of the kids-in-law call them by their names though and John calls my parents by their names. I guess I'm the odd one out in our families.
I'm looking forward to fall as well. As short as it is up here in E-town, it's beautiful while it lasts. Plus, C is starting Kindergarten which is very exciting.
Um first of all I want all those clothes! Especially that coat oh and the dress...okay I want all of them the same amount! And I call my in laws by their names. I have been wanting fall for the past like 2 weeks now!!! Its driving Scott crazy cuz he loooves summer! But I am so ready to see the leaves change color, to have a cool breeze, to start wearing sweaters, boots and jeans again and just everything else!!
i call my in laws by their first names, since they aren't my parents it would be weird for me to call them mom or dad. but depends on the person. i would think a really cuddly old grandmotherly type it would be easier to call them mom, right? my sil calls my parents mom and dad in emails/letters onlyu, i've never heard her call them that in person, i think she feels silly so she doesn't call them anything.
I am so glad you enjoyed the Lake. We had a blast when we went. I too am excited for fall and that is just because the kids will be back to school and into a routine. Not looking forward to the $$ I have to spend on registration for everything though.
As for me I call my inlaws by there first names. I just don't think I could call them Mom and Dad it just seems weird.
TTYS
i think that is so funny you still don't call your inlaws anything! i hope i'm not disrespectful but it's roger and peggy and karie for me! i hope the cookies turned out good for you! good luck with all the wedding stuff! i'm ready for a little routine too, but the weather can stay nice for a couple more months please.
Looking "chic" in your sunglasses! Still loving your blog- and how much.joy you have for life- it energizes me!
Post a Comment