Tuesday, March 20, 2012

{10 on Tuesday Thoughts}

 every step of the way counts.every day matters.

1. It snowed a lot. Feels more like Christmas than christmas did .....weather wise.

2. I am officially addicted to hunger games and really need book 3;) Just waiting for someone to finish before I can read the next one ..I can't stop thinking about it....and I can't wait for the movie......


3.Tried this recipe and everyone ate it..simple and good I didn't use sesame oil or green onions but I used a little coconut oil with a tiny bit of dried garlic powder and dried onions {my body can't handle the fresh stuff} and we had it with rice and I added broccoli with it..yum:)



 4. k2 loves to learn....... this is his new favorite right now. These Melissa & Doug puzzles are awesome....Did I ever even mention he knows his whole alphabet and can read the letters anywhere??? Smart boy
We have so much fun every morning......he's always happy and makes it his goal to make everyone happy,  he loves to brush his teeth, loves to bake with me, make jokes and laughs and then sleeps his afternoons away.... works for me ha ha He is so fun:)

and it should probably say "not so baby and me" :(

 5. I went to a funeral on Friday for a 34 year man who died in a tragic avalanche accident leaving his wife and four small children behind its just so so sad...D grew up with his family...and once again the thoughts of being a better person and living a life worthwhile to leave a legacy behind .....something worth leaving is on my mind a lot..
You just never know when your time is up here.
 
6. Read this and think about it our FREEDOMS are being taken from us slowly, deliberately and most often secretly if we don't stand up and fight we are going to lose and wonder how we got here.
 WITH THAT
 Does it feel overwhelming sometimes thinking of raising kids in a world like we live in?? 
{"This is a perverse society that rewards disobedience to God"..} 
It just keeps getting worse and worse.
and I'm not going to say anything more right now ;)

7. I have an awesome husband he took all the kids swimming on Saturday afternoon, took them out for dinner and watched a movie with them and had a clean house by the time I got home from a girls night with my sisters and mother in law....a good day for all...
He's a good man.

8. SERIOUSLY Love my kids love that they can spend time together and take care of each other I love the moments they play all together in the basement and there is no fighting just laughing and getting along.... they are growing up so so fast!

9. I'm excited to try some of these easter things with the kids...I♥pinterest 

10. Do you ever wonder where you'd be if you weren't where you are now?

love this:
‘When you find out who you are, you will be sorry you didn’t try harder.’
The understanding of who we really are, what that really means, and what that means we can become… can absolutely change our bearings in life. It can effect every choice we make, the way we treat others, and how we see ourselves.
It is pivotal.
 

6 comments:

Alison said...

Such cute Easter things! I am so excited for the Hunger Games movie as well! Love the pictures of you and K2. I think he looks just like you! You two are so sweet together. Have a good day Christal!

this and that...now and then said...

loved hunger games! wish I had the energy you young uns have! I look at all the cute stuff to make and just think- pppfffff! K2 is so cute and such a smart little fellow!

Michelle Birch said...

I know what you mean about your baby not being a baby. Mine will be 5 in May! Where did the time go? I understand now why the baby is always spoiled.
I have not jumped on the hunger games band wagon. I feel a little out of it down here. Maybe I should try!
Getting so excited for July...

Jill said...

If that law ever passes I'll just keep my kids home from school that day if you can't let them opt out.

Those pinterest ideas look cute, but seriously I'm like the person above and think pfftt, way too much work haha.

Just Rhonda said...

I told him to hurry up :)
I want to do some easter stuff too - maybe we should make an egg wreath together?

Judy said...

Fun post. I love to do lists.