Thursday, March 22, 2012

{Things I need to DO.}

From studiopatro.blogspot.com
1. Sew on the mass of cub badges laying everywhere for K.

2. Get 72 hour gets together and copy documents.

3. Get more food storage.

4.Remember that my kids don't care what I'm saying they are watching my everyday actions and watching....so how do you change your bad habits that easy??

5. Get a second vehicle or a horse and cart since the price of gas might be easier that way.

6. Get soccer books organized for coaches

7. Send in pictures to costco to get developed.

8. Update external drive with pictures and all things computer.

9. Sign up for marathon club in the kids school and work with K on it.

10. Volunteer in M's class.

11. Watch Hunger games..{ha ha slightly obsessed }

12. Plan a family trip for spring break.

13. Get an easter sharing time together.

14.Potty train K2....when he shows interest ha ha not fighting that for a year.

15. Buy new curtains and change my upstairs I want a white fresh airy clean feel..... love it! You know where the warm breeze gently sways the white curtains that are basking in the sunshine .... kind of feel ;) lol

16. Help D build a deck before Canada day;)

17. Make some changes in primary that will make me happier that things are getting done :)

18. Figure out how to draw the fine line between my home what I teach my children and worrying out the whirlwind around me that threatens to suck us all in if we let it consume our thoughts how to raise our kids in a world like today.......
 I find myself struggling to keep the thoughts in my head, speak out and want to change things to make a difference but you know what.....we are the generation... leaders have talked about for forever this is now and we are living the last days prophesied for 2000 years, its all there every single bit of what we are worrying about heard about and fear .... {if we are aren't careful it consumes us eats at us and destroys the very things we are trying to preserve...our family....traditions, respect, obedience and FAITH.}
we are the lucky ones who get to live in it ...lucky isn't really anything close to how I would describe it...but we can't fear we can only prepare and watch these scenes unravel before us and do our best to stand up for what we believe in even more .....whether that's by example .........none the less speak up before we lose every right we cherish and take for granted....


This isn't to depress...its to make aware.... it helped me to realize that all this crap is supposed to happen ... I am here because I was chosen to come at this time in history and I am strong ..... I can make a difference to those around me BUT most importantly to my littles....because it starts in the home...
teaching with prayer, family home evening, scriptures,, church, values, rules, respect and obedience, faith and a strong testimony.


oops my list of things to do turned into something totally different ha ha
there is a long dark stormy road ahead for all of us....

one last thing to share
from Paul Harvey remember him? How right on he was and is....
This speech was broadcast by legendary ABC Radio commentator Paul Harvey on  April 3, 1965:

If I were the Devil . . . I mean, if I were the Prince of Darkness, I would of course, want to engulf the whole earth in darkness. I would have a third of its real estate and four-fifths of its population, but I would not be happy until I had seized the ripest apple on the tree, so I should set about however necessary to take over the United States. I would begin with a campaign of whispers. With the wisdom of a serpent, I would whisper to you as I whispered to Eve: “Do as you please.” “Do as you please.”   To the young, I would whisper, “The Bible is a myth.” I would convince them that man created God instead of the other way around. I would confide that what is bad is good, and what is good is “square”.  In the ears of the young marrieds, I would whisper that work is debasing, that cocktail parties are good for you. I would caution them not to be extreme in religion, in patriotism, in moral conduct. And the old, I would teach to pray. I would teach them to say after me: “Our Father, which art in Washington” . . .

If I were the devil, I’d educate authors in how to make lurid literature exciting so that anything else would appear dull an uninteresting. I’d threaten T.V. with dirtier movies and vice versa. And then, if I were the devil, I’d get organized. I’d infiltrate unions and urge more loafing and less work, because idle hands usually work for me. I’d peddle narcotics to whom I could. I’d sell alcohol to ladies and gentlemen of distinction. And 

I’d tranquilize the rest with pills. If I were the devil, I would encourage schools to refine young intellects but neglect to discipline emotions . . . let those run wild. I would designate an atheist to front for me before the highest courts in the land and I would get preachers to say “she’s right.”

 With flattery and promises of power, I could get the courts to rule what I construe as against God and in favor of pornography, and  thus, I would evict God from the courthouse, and then from the school house, and then from the houses of Congress and then, in His own churches I would substitute psychology for religion, and I would deify science because that way men would become smart enough to create super weapons but not wise enough to control them.

If I were Satan, I’d make the symbol of Easter an egg, and the symbol of Christmas, a bottle. If  I were the devil, I would take from those who have and I would give to those who wanted, until I had killed the incentive of the ambitious. And then, my police state would force everybody back to work. Then, I could separate families, putting children in uniform, women in coal mines, and objectors in slave camps.
 In other words, if I were Satan, I’d just keep on doing what he’s doing.
Paul Harvey, Good Day.

"Little did Paul Harvey know, how close to the truth this would be someday. Someday, is today."-thanks heather

 ......stand up... speak up....or we'll be shut up....... with our loss of freedoms we now enjoy.
----------------------------------------------------

My friend Lynn Shared this on her blog and its to good not to pass along...

"Elder James E. Faust shared the following analogy:
 “Thomas R. Rowan … said:
 ‘Author and commentator Malcolm Muggeridge once told a story about some frogs who were killed without resistance by being boiled alive in [a] cauldron of water. 
Why didn’t they resist? 
Because when they were put in the cauldron, the water was tepid. Then the temperature was raised ever so slightly, … then a bit warmer still, and on and on and on. The change was so gradual, almost imperceptible, that the frogs accommodated themselves to their new environment—until it was too late. The point that Mr. Muggeridge was making was not about frogs 
but 
about us and how we tend to accept evil as long as it is not a shock that is thrust on us abruptly. We are inclined to accept something morally wrong if it is only a shade more wrong than something we are already accepting’” (National Press Club Forum).

After sharing this analogy, Elder Faust said, “This gradual process was foretold by ancient prophets” (in Conference Report, Apr. 1989, 40; or Ensign, May 1989, 32)."

"I dare say we have become the boiled frogs.  Sad.   It all happened ever so slowly!   No one seems to notice or even care.......until it's too late.  And even some won't even care then.  Their minds won't even be in the right place to even notice." -Lynn C
hum......oh ya looks like I've got some things to do :).....how 'bout you??

2 comments:

Lynn said...

I just posted Paul Harvey's words today too. Looks like the same things are on both our minds these days Christal. You rock. Thanks again for taking a stand and passing on the info I sent you.

Hey...look at you go with that list. Awesome! Sometimes when it all seems overwhelming....putting it down in a list makes it seem more doable. Just one thing at a time. Why do I keep forgetting that? HA ha. Going to go make me a list again.

Good luck! I bet you will get it all done too. Can't wait to hear your Easter Break plans!

Have a great weekend!

Unknown said...

Awesome post- Good luck getting everything done- I am pretty excited to see the new curtains in your upstairs!