Saturday, August 16, 2008

{ Another trip to Emergency ...}

FOR KOLTEN...
So I wasn't going to write another post this week until Monday but I have to write this down now so once again for what the fifth time this week here I am!
We went to a surprise party tonight for some friends they
were having it at a soccer field to have a good soccer game lots of adults
lots of kids.
I wasn't playing {because somebody has to watch Masen right}
But Kolten and D were playing
Kolten was playing hard and having fun and doing awesome.
But
he must of got bored because he decided to climb the soccer post
{who's goalie happened to be a nurse}
and saw him fall with his arm behind his back
carried him crying to me and said I think he needs to go to the hospital after he was still crying
which is out of character for him to cry that long..
so another trip to the hospital and a broken wrist later
he has a cast and we missed the rest of the party.
He was so sad for two reasons because he couldn't go swimming tonight, and because
he'd have it when he starts school.
Poor Boy.
But he learned that he will never climb a soccer net again
{as he told me sure that will last eh}
We got to see the x ray though he thought that was kind of cool
to see his bones.
Kind of gross but cool at the same time to see the break.
Greenstick style.
Well just another day in paradise always something !!
Hopefully it will feel better soon he sure was hurting that's for sure poor kid!
When we got home he says "hey mom its okay if I have a cast, its kind of cool!
That's my boy ha ha!!

And finally a little rest from the pain ...

And me how am I?? TIRED its been a long week!


Have a great rest of the weekend!

9 comments:

Sharon said...

that's crazy! Tyler mentioned kind of matter-of-factly that you had left to go to the hospital, and I immediately thought "again?" Get some rest, girl!

JANEAL said...

You sure spend a lot of time at the doctors. I feel for Kolten...that's gotta hurt. Hopefully the rest of your weekend will go good :)

Lynn said...

Oh the look on his face says it all. What a wry smile he has. Like he's trying to be tuff, but it hurts SO bad. I bet you just feel totally exhausted for sure. The smile on your face is not there, but......dang it girl, you still manage to look great through it all! : D

Get some rest. Another day tomorrow.
And Kolton is right. He will be the poplar kid in class this year. HAving a cast is cool.....he will be able to have a cool story to share about summer. He will automatically have something to share for show n Tell, and he will be able to have ALL his friends sign his cast.

We always thought we were special if someone "allowed" us to sign their cast. LOL!

Enjoy a more restful week next week. I will keep you in my prayers.

Mandy said...

I sure hope next week is a better week for you. At least he got to go swimming for the Primary Party.

The Spencers said...

Darn that's no fun. Poor Kolton. Hopefully the pain will go away in a few days then he can have fun with people writing on his cast!!! Hope the rest of the weekend goes better for you.

Anonymous said...

Such sweet pictures of my Kolty boy! We hope he gets feeling better--if he's feeling cooped up sore tired and teasing everyone over there send him over here---I need to see him more. We love Kolten and hope he gets feeling better fast and heals up quickly too. Having a cast can be fun in the meantime though. Get some rest CB and call me if you need anything!

lauralquinton said...

oh my heck!!! What a gong show! LOL. I haven't talked with you in forever!! Know my thoughts are with you and tell K that he'll have fun letting everyone sign his cast. :D

Alison said...

Oh no! Never a dull moment at your house huh! Hope the next little bit is peaceful and uneventful with no more trips to the doctor! :)

Cheryl said...

I saw him at church last week, and I was cringing for you. I hate taking kids to the hospital, it's hard and so emotionally draining. Saw you guys yesterday. Masen would have totally joined right in playing with the girls. We should get together and let them play it would be fun. Hope things are going well.