Seems like forever since I've written anything but after going to Utah then home one day then off to a reunion then home one day again then off to the lake for the week to ski makes for a very busy couple of weeks! That's tiring just reading that eh!! Its been a couple of really fun long weeks kind of ready to settle down some and get some routine going again. I have some very worn out children! But they had so much fun at the lake Lauren was our little fish, Masen was the boat lover he fell asleep three times in it! Awesome!! And Kolten just had so much fun playing from early morning to late night with all his cousins I hardly saw him the whole time again he just loved being out there!!
It was fun to see D's brothers and sisters most of them except for 3 who we really missed there!
But it was fun to relax, talk and enjoy each others company, we celebrated a couple of birthdays and tubed and waterskiied { which is a big die hard competition between the brothers they are all amazing skiers!! They have been skiing forever since they were like five so they are very, very good! } Did some knee boarding and played some games and just really had time to relax and breath and actually see D take a break was the best part of all! We were able to stay in nice cabins and all had our space so it was nice.
Read some of this can't
wait to finish it!!!
wait to finish it!!!Thursday I wiped out on the knee board the last thing I remember was flying through the air and hitting the water face first and waking up floating on the water a little dizzy and with a huge headache I was seeing stars that's for sure after a long nap I felt fine and ready to go again!!
D hurt his hand too on his ski yesterday morning it bruised and started swelling but nothing compared to the scary moments at the end of our week though.
Yesterday D's brother Kendall was having an early morning ski and wiped out bad with his leg twisted in an inhuman angle with so much pain they called the ambulance to come right away.
My other BIL Rustin drug him to shore and stayed with him and helped him through it till the EMT's came.
The emt's thought he had a broken pelvis but it turned to be a dislocated hip so scary and so sad and so painful for him the yells across the lake that we could here from our dock were enough to make us cry and feel sick to our stomachs.
They took him to the hospital right away, so Friday was kind of a sober day for awhile waiting for updates to see how he was doing.
Then this morning my sil {his wife} on her way to the hospital to see him got in an accident and totalled their van and the other driver was sent to the hospital, but she is okay.
Not funny but kind of coincidence the SAME EMT's that had come for my bil come to the crash scene when my sil got into her accident. I just feel for them and wish I knew what to do.
But wow eh so much for their family to endure for the week that started out wonderful and fun to turn into a weekend they will never forget.
That none of us will forget.
It was really hard on those that were with Kendall during that time before they took him to the hospital made us hug our husbands really tight and appreciate the tight knit family we are and appreciate the blessings of the priesthood and of prayer in our lives.
We're glad they will be okay but it hurts to think of the pain they are going through right now.
--------------------------------
CREATE MEMORIES.
If you want to keep your memories, you first have to live them.
-Bob Dylan-
---------------------------------------------------------------
COUNT YOUR BLESSINGS.
We must find time to stop and thank the people who make a difference in our lives.
-Robert Kennedy-
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Well have a great week and make it a great one!!
{Pictures will come there were 800 on my camera then it died downloading so I'll add them later I guess!}


5 comments:
Welcome home world traveler!!! Missed you! But I knew you would be having the most fun. You deserved a huge break and I Am glad you got it. SUmmer is WHIPPING by! Schools' almost here.
Loved the shot of D that you posted first. Your cowboy sure knows how to ride the waves.
Your wipeout sounded SCARY! You crazy nut you. : D
Sure hope your BIL and SIL will be able to get their lives back to normal soon. The pain of dislocated hip sounds horrible. That's just too wild that your SIL was in an accident as well. What a nightmare for them all. So glad that they are all okay and healing now.
Can't wait to see more pics of your holiday photos!
Welcome back!
Glad you're back! I have missed you! Sounds like lots of fun, but some scary moments, too. Waterskiing can be really dangerous!!
I'm glad everyone is okay--especially your bil & sil!! Goodness, that was a traumatic weekend for them!
Wow! How scary about your bil. I'm glad he'll be okay. That first picture is awesome with the water spraying out! And I love the quote about keeping our memories but first we have to make them. What a great thought! You always have the best quotes, Christal! Thanks for sharing them!
Woah!!! That is scary... when we were at the lake a few weeks ago my BIL & SIL (Not married though to eachother) hit heads on the tube bad enough that my BIL had to go to the hospital for 9 stitches, and SIL had a pretty bad headache for awhile... it really does put a damper on the fun.
It's good to see you blogging again, and that the rest of your holidays went well.
OH man, that is just terrible what happened to your family, and SO scary!
Glad you are home now safe and sound. I have missed reading your blog. :)
Post a Comment