Sunday, August 3, 2008

{ Just Because Me Thinks }

TAKE NOTHING
FOR

GRANTED.

Perform every act in life as though it were your last.
- Marcus Aurelius
-------------------------------------------------------
Sometimes we take so much for granted the Gospel , life itself, safety, FAMILY, our time, our talents, children, health.
TOO MUCH.
There are so many people suffering and people passing away for no reason at all unexpectedly and we ask why?
We need to life each day like its the last.
Because we never know.

---------------------------------------------------

We had a great family reunion over the past 2 and half days it was so fun to see cousins and their kids. Uncles Aunts and so many others.
Sitting around the campfire till two in the morning laughing.
Those are memories.
Sad to learn about the struggles in some people's lives though.
The struggles and trials some people go through breaks my heart.
But it made me appreciate my family, my heritage, my grandparents and the reason we are all here. For a purpose.
I'm so thankful for my family, my extended family, my in laws,
my husband, my children.
My Mecham roots.
{My mom's side of the family.}
So blessed to be part of such a wonderful strong heritage.
--------------
So here are a whack of pictures from the weekend.
It was a bit hard struggling to find and keep Masen in view what a kid.
Everybody has a Masen story that's for sure!

Me and my sistah's love them! How cute are they!!

Trying to keep Masen happy and alive was a full time job camping with so many people around and a river!

Lauren was content and so good just playing and swinging! I love this picture of her!

Cousins are so fun! We rarely saw Kolten the whole two days he played and played and had so much fun! So thats why there are lots of Masen because thats who we were attached to lol!!!!


Trying to corner Masen from drowning in the river!
Resorting to a stroller and tried out a hand leash for awhile for the first time he loved it {sarcasm} ha ha!
And finding a minute to breath! It was really pretty where we were!

Horse riding with grandpa, some pancakes breakfasts, lots of visiting, campfire fun and stories.

Some wheelbarrow races, some nail pounding, ax throwing, and little kid races fun times!!

Love this picture of Kolt whispering in D's ear! so cute!

And finally five minutes after we pulled out and headed for home he crashed!!!

Well HOpE EvErYboDy Has a GrEaT WeEK! Make it an awesome one! This month is so crazy busy with reunions lake trips and FUN!

14 comments:

Lynn said...

FUn! FUn! FUn!
THat pic of Masen at the end is HILARIOUS! Loved all the pics.. They sure tell a story. I really like the one of you and your sisters too. You always look so great, camping girl!

Alison said...

What a fun time! You and your sisters are all darling. How fun to have 3 sisters, I bet you always have a great time together. Family campouts are the best, great job keeping Masen safe! It's so great when the kids crash on the way home!

JANEAL said...

Looks like a fun reunion! It hard to relax when you have a little one and there is a river close by. Cute pictures....you and your sisters are all so cute!

Holly said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jill said...

I'm so behind on blogging...but it looks like you've had some fun adventures lately. Cute pix! Too bad we didn't meet up while we were both in Utah. BUMMER!!!!!!!! Sounds like you had a great trip though :)

Tiffany said...

Can't agree with you more, live today as it were your last, and you know what somedays I find that really hard. You know those days when things aren't going your way or the kiddos are a handful. Thanks for putting things back in perpective for me. Love the darling pics of the kids too by the way.

ec said...

great pics ... looks like it was a fantastic reunion.

oh and you look amazing;)

ec said...

great pics ... looks like it was a fantastic reunion.

oh and you look amazing;)

ec said...

great pics ... looks like it was a fantastic reunion.

oh and you look amazing;)

Amanda said...

Looks like you had a ton of fun, and that you have a great family!

Anonymous said...

That was a dang fun reunion! And we do have a great family--every one of them!! I do not like that pic of us girls....i look like I've been camping for weeks. Crappy crappy shot of me but you look great and that's what really matters here! Hey I took my book back (LDS Mothers Almanac) It's one of my favorites and one that I frequently read and copy quotes from etc ---esp. lately.... yesterday was one of those days that I needed mothering encouragement which is what that book is great for---anyway I hope you are having an awesome time in BC! See you this wknd probably. Love you.

Cheryl said...

I love family reunions they are a blast. I can totally sympathize with the river bit though. We were camping in Waterton right by the river once and Ellie dissapeared, we eventually found her sitting on the edge of the river with her feet in it. It was so scary, that's when we first realized we really had to keep a close eye one her.
You wanted to know the recipe I used for the Playdough, I got it from a girl's site, there's a link in that same post. Hope your day is great.

Scrappy Girl said...

Looks like you all had a bunch of fun. Love the chocolate and pink template!

I know exactly what you are talking about the stress of being around water with a little one. I am always a panicky mess.

Unknown said...

You are SUCH a gorgeous lady...wowza.