I love THANKFUL THURSDAYS!!
I found this poem the other day and I love it! So of course I have to share it with you all::
When You Thought I Wasn’t Looking
When you thought I wasn’t looking, I saw you hang up my first painting on the refrigerator, and I wanted to paint another one.
When you thought I wasn’t looking, I saw you feed a stray cat, and I thought it was good to be kind to animals.
When you thought I wasn’t looking, I saw you make my favorite cake for me, and I knew that little things are special things.
When you thought I wasn’t looking, I heard you say a prayer, and I believed there is a God I could always talk to.
When you thought I wasn’t looking, I felt you kiss me goodnight, and I felt loved.
When you thought I wasn’t looking, I saw tears come from your eyes and I learned that sometimes things hurt, but it’s all right to cry.
When you thought I wasn’t looking, I saw that you cared, and I wanted to be everything that I could be.
When you thought I wasn’t looking, I LOOKED….and wanted to say thanks for all the things I saw when you thought I wasn’t looking.
When you thought I wasn’t looking, I saw tears come from your eyes and I learned that sometimes things hurt, but it’s all right to cry.
When you thought I wasn’t looking, I saw that you cared, and I wanted to be everything that I could be.
When you thought I wasn’t looking, I LOOKED….and wanted to say thanks for all the things I saw when you thought I wasn’t looking.
-Mary Rita Schilke Korzan
-----------------------------------------------
I am so thankful for the moments when we don’t think we are teaching our children anything some days, but we really are by our example more then anything most of the time our actions speak louder then words. It makes me more aware of how I act and react.
I’m thankful for all the things my mother taught me that she really didn’t teach me by words but by her awesome example in reading to us all the time, in always seeing her on her knees praying for each one of us kids.
Or the times when we came home late and saw my mom waiting for us to get home. She was always reading her scriptures and writing in her journal. She would stop and listen to us tell her about our night. I really enjoyed those times with my mom. It showed more then anything that she cared.
All those things she passed on because of her example and I’m so thankful for that.
I’m so thankful for the love of reading that I have now and that some of the more special moments in our life with the kids are in the evenings reading all together for sometimes minutes and sometimes more then an hour. We have read some many great books together already and enjoy our movie nights if the book has a movie all snuggled up on the couch and to hear the kids say mom it wasn't like that in the book tells me they were listening to me read.
I’m so thankful for moments like these.
I’m so thankful for all the small moments that we take for granted like being home with our kids or husbands each day or just seeing them each day.
I have a friend that is far away from her kids because her husband is very sick, and she is with him and away from everything else that she longs for - normality.
Is it not the normality that we complain about more often then not?
We have no idea how blessed we are even in our most frustrating moments that we are blessed to be home with our kids, to have our health and to have another day no matter what that day is like. Today I’m so thankful for the realization of how very many blessings I have no matter what situation we are in there is something good in every day.
All those things she passed on because of her example and I’m so thankful for that.
I’m so thankful for the love of reading that I have now and that some of the more special moments in our life with the kids are in the evenings reading all together for sometimes minutes and sometimes more then an hour. We have read some many great books together already and enjoy our movie nights if the book has a movie all snuggled up on the couch and to hear the kids say mom it wasn't like that in the book tells me they were listening to me read.
I’m so thankful for moments like these.
I’m so thankful for all the small moments that we take for granted like being home with our kids or husbands each day or just seeing them each day.
I have a friend that is far away from her kids because her husband is very sick, and she is with him and away from everything else that she longs for - normality.
Is it not the normality that we complain about more often then not?
We have no idea how blessed we are even in our most frustrating moments that we are blessed to be home with our kids, to have our health and to have another day no matter what that day is like. Today I’m so thankful for the realization of how very many blessings I have no matter what situation we are in there is something good in every day.
However BIG or small.
-------------------------------------------------------
Just wanted to share a yummy recipe too. {{Aren't we all Thankful we have have food and so many ideas and recipes so here's another summer one::}}
-------------------------------------------------------
Just wanted to share a yummy recipe too. {{Aren't we all Thankful we have have food and so many ideas and recipes so here's another summer one::}}
Frozen Heaven
10 Ice Cream Sandwiches
1 container Cool Whip
3 Heath/skor bars
5 Reese’s Peanut butter Cups
Cover the bottom of a 9X13 inch glass dish with ice cream sandwiches. You might have to cut the last row to make them fit snugly. Spread about 1/4 inch layer of Cool Whip on top of sandwiches. Crumble the candy over the entire dish. Place in freezer until ready to serve. Cut into squares and serve. So GOOD so easy
Cover the bottom of a 9X13 inch glass dish with ice cream sandwiches. You might have to cut the last row to make them fit snugly. Spread about 1/4 inch layer of Cool Whip on top of sandwiches. Crumble the candy over the entire dish. Place in freezer until ready to serve. Cut into squares and serve. So GOOD so easy
--------------------------------------------------------
Here's an idea I had the other morning I needed some cute little handout so I grabbed some cute scrapbook paper and I had these magnetic spice containers hanging around that are like a buck at walmart and covered them with paper and stuck some treats in them and wrote a cute little note they turned out pretty cute actually so thought I'd share. You could write some cute little saying at the top in the circle but I was short on time but here are three I did super easy and fast too!
Well hope everybody has a great THURSDAY!! WHAT ARE YOU THANKFUL FOR??


2 comments:
Hey! I have a whole bunch of those little magnet spice containers just waiting to be used for something! Thanks for the idea.
And I am off to the grocery store...again! Guess what I am going to buy? Ice Cream Sandwiches. What an awesome idea. I have to take dessert to the High Priest Party on Saturday. YAY! THanks.
Your "When You Thought I Wasn’t Looking" thoughts today are SO true. I just love how you think. It's so inspiring. HAve a great day!
I love that poem! Makes me think that maybe I might be teaching my kids something. Even on the days that feel totally unproductive!! That ice cream sandwich cake sounds so good!! I think that might have to be my FHE treat on Monday :) Hope Lauren's cake turns out great... I can't wait to see pictures!
Post a Comment