Monday, December 1, 2008

{ Me thinks...}

Monday! December! 25 days to
Chrismas! {pronounced Chris "moss"}
OKAY Funny story about Chrismas we went to student led conference for Kolten last week {like parent teacher conf but this is student led ....} anyway Kolt was showing us a slideshow he put together to show us, so the computer reads what he typed in and he made pictures with it and was so so excited to show us, anyway he gets to the slide and it says merry "Chrismas" and he looks at us and goes "oops I think I forgot the "T" so now its a joke in our family .
Anyway just had to share that we had quite the weekend Friday night couldn't find a babysitter so Kolt and I went on a "date" we had so much fun! We went shopping and talked alot and laughed it was nice to have one and one time with him he is growing up so so fast!
We got a flat tire so we went and put some air in it and actually made it home thank goodness so we laughed about that and added it to our list of adventures for the night.
It was a fun weekend we got alot done we even put our tree up a day earlier then usual ha ha! It was fun the kids love it and get so so excited and this year I changed from my fancier all matchy matchy tree to a country ish one some ornaments I made when we first got married and its not quite done but it turned out pretty nice for a fast random change from what we were going to do! I'll just post some pics and you'll get the point when I'm all done I'll post the finished tree! it was a fun weekend though!! Lots of family fun!
Anyway here are some weekend pics!

On saturday went and got a touch up job done on my hair it feels so much better!

My hair of many colors haha! Our best Christmas present ever 3 days before Christmas in 2001~!Kolten!

Now the big tease that he is!The Mittens I made almost 12 years ago for our first Christmas tree the first year we were married! I think our tree is a memory tree this year at least I don't have to worry about Masen wrecking my nice stuff right! Waiting on dad to pass out another ornament! looks fascinating doesn't it! And finally some story time reading before bed!! I love this picture!!
I have a bunch of good kids and a great husband!!
So for
ME THINKS

this week


Since I love Christmas and quotes here are some
Christmas Quotes

Blessed is the season which engages the whole world in a conspiracy of love! ~Hamilton Wright Mabie

The best of all gifts around any tree: the presence of a happy family all wrapped up in each other -Burton Hills

Christmas waves a magic wand over this world, and behold, everything is softer and more beautiful. ~Norman Vincent Peale

Never worry about the size of your Christmas tree. In the eyes of children, they are all 30 feet tall. ~Larry Wilde, The Merry Book of Christmas

It is Christmas in the heart that puts Christmas in the air. ~W.T. Ell

JOY
HOPE
Peace
Love
Believe

May the spirit of Christmas bring you peace,
The gladness of Christmas give you hope,
The warmth of Christmas grant you love.

~Author Unknown
Have a great week!

9 comments:

CASSIE said...

Love the entry today! Cute pic of your kids and D having a bedtime story! Such a framer :) Love your quotes, as always! Send me your new house address please. Gotta drop something off for your family soon.... Hugs!

Lynn said...

So cute that pic of D passing out the ornaments. That is what my D did when the kids were little. He put on the hook and gave to them to hang on the tree. (We would rearrange them after they went to bed. LOL!)

Anyway...have a blessed Christmas season!

Love your hair of many colors. SO cute. You are getting more blond put in yours these days.....and I just went to more dark. LOL!

Letti said...

What a special treat to have a date with your son. I bet he will remember that for a very long time. I love your blog and I hope you don't mind me taking a peek and using your comment space.

Anonymous said...

Ilove the picture of D and the kids. Cute hair too!

janaleelaws said...

I love the ornament of Kolten. That was a really special Christmas for the whole family.

Sharon said...

I love the quote about the size of Christmas trees! I think it also applies to how they are decorated - I always loved our trees full of all the "memory" ornaments we had made and now I'm so focused on having the Martha Stewart tree. But the kids don't care!

Unknown said...

Sounds like a really fun weekend. I LOVE going on dates with my kids, just me and them, such precious quality time. I love your tree, I STILL don't have mine up yet...argh! Love your pics.

Holly said...

I LOVE your hair! You always are so darn cute! I want to go shopping with you I just love your style! :) That Kolten is a cutie! Too cute! Hope your little family has a Merry Chrismas! :) haha.

Betsy said...

I love the pictures of your kids all around your husband. Too cute. And you hair looks great!! Where do you find all your awesome quotes??? You have the best ones!

BTW-Do you have an e-mail address? I wanted to send you an e-mail. Can you e-mail me at betsy_maddox@yahoo.com and I will e-mail you back?

Thank you, Christal!!