Thursday, September 3, 2009

{ Thankful Thursday...}

"There are two words that, when spoken, have the most unfathomable power to completely change your life. Two words that, when they pass your lips, will be the cause of bringing absolute joy and happiness to you. Two words that will create miracles in your life, wipe out negativity, and bring you abundance in all things. Two words that, when uttered and sincerely felt, will summon all the forces in the Universe to move all things for you.
There are just two words standing between you and happiness, and the life of your dreams...
THANK YOU!" -the secret
thank you......
---------------------------------

I am Thankful the babes shots are finished for today, both L and K2 had shots and a little bit of a grouchy day...fun times.....
i HATE shots actually what I hate more is the controversy surrounding
shots it gives me an ulcer just thinking about it!
---------------------------
I'm so very thankful for the last 2 months
K2 was 2 months old yesterday ALREADY
seriously where does the time go???
Newborn
one month old2 months old
we have felt spoiled by so many people with the gifts, service, and
phone calls that continue even now, its so nice to know that people care and in turn its kind of a pay it forward feeling makes you want to do more for others cause you know how it feels to receive...

K2's 2 month deets:
  • he weighs 12 lbs and is 23 inches long {he was 7 lbs 2 oz and 20 inches at birth} Babies are amazing heck humans are amazing
  • he sleeps 8 hours a night going on a third week so thats pretty much a habit right! works very nice for the both of us
  • he drinks about 28 oz a day about every 3 hours about during the day
  • he gives the best smiles but you have to work for them
  • he loves his soother that to works for all of us and of course him he has found his thumb though too!
  • he hardly cries if he is hungry he kind of whimpers
  • he travels great and sleeps good in the truck
  • he is in size 2 diapers now
  • and wears 3-6 month clothes now
  • he is a cuddle baby and I love it
  • he stills has so much blond hair and such long eyelashes
  • and amazing blue eyes we hope will stay blue
  • he holds his tightened fist like he is boxing everyday its fun to watch him watch his hands or grab onto mine I love it!
  • he rolls over from tummy to back kicking and flinging himself and working up to it..determination that is for sure
  • he loves to look at lines and patterns and goes big time cross eyed doing it
  • he loves the moby wrap and falls asleep within minutes in it
  • he loves full bath water baths with me holding him in it and loves to kick and wiggle around but he doesn't like the shallow baths so much
  • he is a JOY
  • he fits perfectly in our family
  • and we love him so so very much
  • WE are SO VERY VERY THANKFUL for the miracle and blessing he is in our family and when this adoption is FINALIZED that will be one happy day I will be so THANKFUL for!!!
------------------------
I am thankful the yard is getting somewhere mapped out and seeing some progress happy day! Next summer will be so much better with a fenced in back yard and friends who can come play mine that is ha ha!!
------------------------
I am thankful
To be a member of
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints
because you know without faith, {whatever religion you may be} without faith and hope, without knowing where we are going and what we are here for, that there is a plan before now and after it could get pretty depressing in a world like we live in today.
I'm pretty sure I would be lost without it.
I have a testimony that grows each day stronger especially in a world like today
and I only hope I can help my children have the a passion for a good, clean wholesome life filled with the Gospel and
that they learn the very most important things in life!
The things that make us eternally happy.
-----------------
There are so many horrible things in this life some that have bothered me the most this week and have made me bawl and wonder what people are thinking or even how people can act like
THIS
and
THIS
{warning they are both very graphic and will make you cry.}
Things are happening all over the world the hurricanes, earthquakes, fires, weird weather are one thing but the more soul wrenching things
like acceptance of things once forbidden or once looked down on that
quietly seep into society things that soon become the norm, things over time
that
slowly corrupt the family unit as GOD intended it to be and
life as it used to be not to long ago.....
are the things that are destroying society and the world.
It makes me try to work harder and do what I need to to work harder at home
to teach my children, to be a better example and to teach them the way our
Heavenly Father intended things to be here on earth and
before really --- all hell broke lose---
cause that's pretty much where we are at isn't it?.
I am so THANKFUL for good examples, to be able to go to church each week and to hear my children tell me stories of Jesus or what they learned in their classes each Sunday
or to want to do a service project or make something for somebody.
That makes me happy.
I want them to know the way life
used to be when life was a lot easier without
so many corrosive behaviors and attitudes and sludge everywhere we turn
that defy or fight against us, there is such
a war waging to destroy what is most important....
the next generation.
our children....
the family...
us..... if we make a wrong turn....
so I am thankful for prayers and for every good thing life has to offer
the wholesome... peaceful... clean...inspiring...
things.
The world is pretty much void of so many of these core values.....
I can think of many good things that out number the horrible things that surround us and that is important to remember or it can pull us down...
so make some memories,
find a teaching moment

and be an example....
you never know who is watching...

okay I'm done my rant ...
---------------------------------------
{{{{SO a BIG HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY SISTER DJ{Dawna} WHO turns 29 today love you!
and
my DAD who turns 59!!!
Hope you both had an awesome day love you both!!!
Thankful to both of them in my life.}}}


HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND!!!

10 comments:

Lynn said...

Oh Christal.... You are SO right!
"acceptance of things once forbidden or once looked down on that
quietly seep into society things that soon become the norm, things over time
and
slowly corrupt the family unit as GOD intended it to be and
life as it used to be not to long ago.....are the things that are destroying society and the world."

Those story links were hard to read and see. But I read stuff like that everyday in the paper. I don't want to become desensitized about it ever! I hope I never do.

It does my heart good to read your blog. You are an awesome mother, as well as an individual inspiring person.

We all need to stand up for what we feel is good, righteous and virtuous. You do that and it spreads like wild fire from one person to another. Awesome!

Happy Birthday to your sister and your dad!!!!

HAppy Fall and HAppy thoughts your way this weekend.

Holly said...

Don't you just LOVE Lynn... her comments are always so sincere and sweet!! :)

I LOVE the secret, great quote!!!!

K2.... EEEK! He's such a sweet heart, seriously SO CUTE! He's turning into a little man!

Thankful that shots are over and done with... I need to get Braxton in for his last ones too! Thanks for the reminder. :)

Hope you have a perfect weekend girl!

Carrie said...

Wow. I seriously just cried as I looked at those links. There is so much evil in the world today, it breaks my heart. How can people be so far removed from human compassion? But I definitely agree with you that we each need to be better in our own homes. Start at the core of the family unit to teach how we need to act and treat others. Just think if everyone actually did that. Our world would be such a better place. Thanks for another thought provoking post, Christal. Love ya!

Mindi said...

Cute Post Cristal! Love how fast K2 is growing!! Love big babies!

Jodi Pilling said...

Awww how fast babies grow. Isn't it fun to watch them changing so much and learning new things.

I don't watch the news for the fact that I can't handle stories like the ones you shared. I couldn't finish reading or watching the links. WAY to upsetting for me. I do know that the world is in peril and terrible things are happening....and that makes me sick!

Here is to happier thoughts...

Tyler and Kristin Smith said...

Christal:
I love Monday's and Thursday's. I also love Wednesday's because I'm planning on us being pre-school buddies this semester. You've been warned. Be there or be square.
P.S. It is true, we are selling our house.

Judy said...

The world really scares me.....the forbidden things! You are so right. I love your thoughts. You are so inspirational. And K2 is 2 months!!!! Wow!!

Kim said...

Oh he's getting so big!! What a cutie :) Life is so fun with a baby in the house, hey? Great post :)

Alison said...

Wow! The world is so scary it makes me sick. So much to think about and ponder... FAMILIES are so important! So thankful for the gospel! Love little K2's clothes, he is so CUTE!!! Love baby clothes, baby smiles, baby toes, baby everything! MMMM!

DJ said...

Thanks for the bday shout out & for the gift you brought by. We were trying to make it over for a visit last night (Liv & I) but time got away & livs talk time to the UK took a long time too! As usual & to be expected. Karsen gets cuter & cuter all the time. Love the pix of the little sweetheart! But hated the links to those horrific stories!! :-( I hate the world & sick twisted people! I couldn't be more grateful for the Gospel at times like these!