I was once a little girl
believe it or not....who dreamt of days and weeks like these.....
{really though when were little we have no idea....}
we grow up and we become THAT ....
insanely busy crazy lady......
I can not say yes to another thing right now
my kids take all the time I've got pretty much!!
Here's a sneak peek......
maybe some of you feel this way
by chance? I'm not the only one....
between
basketball
ballet
kindergarten pickup
piano
{which I forgot to even by books for duh!! I know...}
meetings
pta
supervisory home visits
wasps bites
grocery shopping... cause the kids and D think they have to have food to survive
really??
and lots of stupidity moves on my part
forgetting things
losing things
actually buying the school supplies from the first grade list INSTEAD of the second grade list like I should have!! yes yes I am the COOLEST mom ever lol!!!
poor boy comes home last week FIRST day and says
"mom you didn't buy half of my school supplies"
me:what are you talking about I did show me the list I know I did {cause I totally wouldn't do that ha ha}
me: {after looking at the list} ARE YOU SERIOUS wow I am such a good mom!!!!
......and the laundry piles up
my sleeping, growing baby needs fed at all the best times{but I love that time} I may lose a couple kids in the process of feeding time
out the door, down the street on or in a dirt hill...
yes once again I am the best mom EVER!! yes yes....
ahhhh
I'll get it!!
oh then there is the....
hurried mornings as in
{hurry hurry you'll miss the bus have you brushed your teeth?, made your bed?, said your prayers? have we had prayer ahhh where is your backpack do you have your lunch
and then the sweet words....."mom where are my shoes"
ahhh joys of early school mornings!!
"REMEMBER WHO YOU ARE"........LOVE YOU's
yard work,
hard work
enrichment
losing bills...
losing keys
another wedding coming up
....happiness.... joys...all of it..fun times....
soccer... yes I said soccer wrap up meeting!
{oh the smiles from K2 are so worth the hard work
all this and to actually get the smiles}
{no pics yet he loves to stare at the camera but hates the flash}
guess what.... he has dimples
both sides might be awhile before I can capture that....
but he is the cutest chunkin up thing ever....!!
loving getting back into reading to the kids
getting some routine back Yes!!
paying for everything {and their dog}
lately every thing is so expensive right now
from school to house stuff to the yard ahhhh...
keeping papers straight and who needs what when and how much
{how do people with lots of kids in school do it how do they remember what when who and how much???}
crazy times...
but
I
am
thankful
for all
of it
because
I
prayed for it
plead for it
dreamed of it
and now
here
I
AM...
in the beginning of it...
Life
living
loving
learning
and
a whole lot of laughing...
aaahhh.......
THEN I READ THIS TODAY
and I am so thankful for these words by one of my favorite people!!
{ensign sept 09 President Dieter F Uchtdorf}
RISE to the great potential within you.
Don't set goals beyond your capacity to achieve.
Don't feel guilty or dwell on thoughts of failure.
Don't compare yourselves with others.
Do the best you can, and the Lord will provide the rest.
Have faith and confidence in HIM, and you will see miracles happen
in your life and the lives of your loved ones.
The virtue of your own life will be a light to those who sit in darkness..
I needed those.
I felt a little better.
Don't you.
---------------------------------------------------
{oh and PS. loving this I could cry!!! oh wait I have...
so happy for them!!!!}
Thankful Thursday.....
gratitude with an attitude......
believe it or not....who dreamt of days and weeks like these.....
{really though when were little we have no idea....}
we grow up and we become THAT ....
insanely busy crazy lady......
I can not say yes to another thing right now
my kids take all the time I've got pretty much!!
Here's a sneak peek......
maybe some of you feel this way
by chance? I'm not the only one....
between
basketball
ballet
kindergarten pickup
piano
{which I forgot to even by books for duh!! I know...}
meetings
pta
supervisory home visits
wasps bites
grocery shopping... cause the kids and D think they have to have food to survive
really??
and lots of stupidity moves on my part
forgetting things
losing things
actually buying the school supplies from the first grade list INSTEAD of the second grade list like I should have!! yes yes I am the COOLEST mom ever lol!!!
poor boy comes home last week FIRST day and says
"mom you didn't buy half of my school supplies"
me:what are you talking about I did show me the list I know I did {cause I totally wouldn't do that ha ha}
me: {after looking at the list} ARE YOU SERIOUS wow I am such a good mom!!!!
......and the laundry piles up
my sleeping, growing baby needs fed at all the best times{but I love that time} I may lose a couple kids in the process of feeding time
out the door, down the street on or in a dirt hill...
yes once again I am the best mom EVER!! yes yes....
ahhhh
I'll get it!!
oh then there is the....
hurried mornings as in
{hurry hurry you'll miss the bus have you brushed your teeth?, made your bed?, said your prayers? have we had prayer ahhh where is your backpack do you have your lunch
and then the sweet words....."mom where are my shoes"
ahhh joys of early school mornings!!
"REMEMBER WHO YOU ARE"........LOVE YOU's
yard work,
hard work
enrichment
losing bills...
losing keys
another wedding coming up
....happiness.... joys...all of it..fun times....
soccer... yes I said soccer wrap up meeting!
{oh the smiles from K2 are so worth the hard work
all this and to actually get the smiles}
{no pics yet he loves to stare at the camera but hates the flash}
guess what.... he has dimples
both sides might be awhile before I can capture that....
but he is the cutest chunkin up thing ever....!!
loving getting back into reading to the kids
getting some routine back Yes!!
paying for everything {and their dog}
lately every thing is so expensive right now
from school to house stuff to the yard ahhhh...
keeping papers straight and who needs what when and how much
{how do people with lots of kids in school do it how do they remember what when who and how much???}
crazy times...
but
I
am
thankful
for all
of it
because
I
prayed for it
plead for it
dreamed of it
and now
here
I
AM...
in the beginning of it...
Life
living
loving
learning
and
a whole lot of laughing...
aaahhh.......
THEN I READ THIS TODAY
and I am so thankful for these words by one of my favorite people!!
{ensign sept 09 President Dieter F Uchtdorf}
RISE to the great potential within you.
Don't set goals beyond your capacity to achieve.
Don't feel guilty or dwell on thoughts of failure.
Don't compare yourselves with others.
Do the best you can, and the Lord will provide the rest.
Have faith and confidence in HIM, and you will see miracles happen
in your life and the lives of your loved ones.
The virtue of your own life will be a light to those who sit in darkness..
I needed those.
I felt a little better.
Don't you.
---------------------------------------------------
{oh and PS. loving this I could cry!!! oh wait I have...
so happy for them!!!!}
Thankful Thursday.....
gratitude with an attitude......


13 comments:
Your posts are always just what I need. Thank you:)
Uh-oh if Karsen has dimples you're in for it! Brody has them and they're impossible to resist - a flash of the dimples and it's over!! SO much to be thankful for amidst the busy-ness for me too. Thanks for reminding me every Thursday how good I've got it!
You're amazing Christal! Thanks for the reminder that I'm not the only one who should win the 'good mother award' and that we are all in the same boat.
Okay Christal.......
"BREATH!!" Take a deep breath. Come on. Look at me. Deep breath now. LOL!
What an AWESOME Post! What mother wouldn't know EXACTLY what you are going through and feeling right now. This is the BEST way to describe a mother's day.....LIFE!.
Funny how we just couldn't picture that at a young age. (Cute photo of you by the way) We just thought our mom's were a little "nutty" somedays when they would forget us at a certain meeting spot.....or if they didn't pick up everything on our school list. *wink*
Now we TOTALLY know what it was like for our moms, eh?
Hang in there! You are an AWESOME mom!
Just remember....somedays are better than others. Those days are the ones that matter. Those are the days that are appreciated more. And we would be able to feel gratitude for those days IF we didn't have those less than perfect days. "There must needs be opposition in all things."
{{Hugs!}}
Oops! I meant:
"we WOULDN'T be able to feel gratitude for those days...."
Sheesh! I need to get my act together today. : D
Okay swine flu too funny! ;) ha! And how do you do it?! You are my hero! I feel like a crazy mad woman with just two... I honestly have felt like a big fat failure of a mother...this whole entire week!! It's nice to know I'm not the only one feeling down and out! It seems like everyone around me has it together... why can't I? I'm also SOOOOOO happy and excited for JilL! :) Well I'd better get to reading Pres. Uchtdorf's talk asap! Love you Christal!!! :)
PS CAN NOT WAIT to see those sweet dimples! ;)
You are such a good mom! And what a cute little girl you were, too! I can't believe your hair was so dark! God has blessed you so much to be living the life you always dreamed of (even if it's really hard sometimes!)
Holy shmoly girl! You are amazing. I think it's a total accomplishment just to get your kids up and comb their hair, so anything after that is fabulous. You're doing a great job. Those kids are so lucky to have you! Enjoy these moment. Just make sure you have time to breathe. Love you girl! Oh, and thanks for your excitement for us...I'm still so excited for YOU! WE LOVE ADOPTION!!!!!
hey christal just thought i'd share some insight on what "Mom's with big famlies" do to get through the crazy times... EXACTLY what your doing... just the best we can do!!! Loved this post. It's such a great big job being a mom isn't it?! My only words of advice would be... Keep it simple and don't sweat the little stuff and remember that the Savior makes up the difference!
Love your blog!
LOVE love love this post!!! You're wonder woman, seriously! Just reading it all made me tired. You are amazing! An amazing mom, amazing wife, amazing friend, just an all around amazing person!
You are busy. All the running around makes a big difference and I am glad I don't have to do too much of it yet. Love the last part of the post especially. Elder Uchtdorf's what you said just before his words. I too am truly living the life I dreamed of and need to remember that and always be thankful. As always another good reminder and something to think about.
Post a Comment