HAPPY HALLOWEEN Week!!
We finally got a toilet for the basement bathroom and a cabinet and sink so hopefully this week L will move to her new room and K2 will get a room.
I'm so excited to get it decorated and finished some things take forever... I can hardly stand it!!
Other than that everybody is feeling much better and nobody else got the flu {yet}
So the question of the day ??
Are you vaccinating for swine flu???
Here is an interesting article.... As of right now I don't think I'm going to get it for any of us.... I have never done the regular flu shot with my kids and whenever I have gotten it I've gotten the flu bad!
So what are your thoughts on it? read the article -- what do you think? Just interesting stuff out there....
00000000000000000000
-------------------------------------------
This is a very random all over the place
ME THINKS MONDAY
fun Halloween links,
and favorite things
these are so cute found here I wish I had found them last week since we did our own version of BOO last week my kids love picking families and running
this looks so cute and easy my kids will love them!
these look so fun can't remember where I saw them though but its just scrapbook paper, rub ons etc, its just sanitizer with goo be gone to get rid of the label. I went to find some today and couldn't find any with labels they were all ones printed right on them. But if you do find them they are perfect for today and super easy eh!
And for some great links go here she is awesome! love her!!!
and go here for tons of ideas and fun
----------------------
Finally got K2's bedding today so excited I love it! From Here
I love Forever 21 and there low prices if you look often enough... Love this shirt right now!
okay I have the hardest time finding jeans I found some awhile ago {the artist fit} but they didn't have any my size from American Eagle. I've always loved there jeans and finally they had some in today... I love them!! They are the perfect fit jeans and I have a horrible time with jeans!!
and got this today for K2 he's going to be a little sock monkey for halloween-- love it!! from crazy 8 dot com
and do these not look so comfy!!! I want a pair!! haha no I really do. From here



24 comments:
the links won't work cause it underlines the whole part how do I fix it?? Weird blogger!
Ya, I noticed the links dont' work, I was just about to tell you that! Oh well, cute stuff though. Love the sock monkey idea! Jack will be Dash from Incredibles!
I would just copy and paste the words over again. You'll have to delete to do that. But then paste again and redo the links. You'll have to do it in html mode too. I know. A pain.
However, those are really CUTE ideas!!!! ANd love the bedding and the jeans. I will have to check out the jeans for sure. I too have SO much trouble finding any jean that fits me in all areas. They are either too big in the legs and too small at the waist or vice versa. : (
Oh and you might want to check out this link too for Halloween fun stuff. THere is SO many cute ideas out there this year. So fun!
http://partiesandholidays.blogspot.com/2009/10/halloween-treat-and-craft-ideas_26.html
No swine flu vaccine for us either... I've read a ton about it and just don't feel comfortable with it all. And you've got to tell me where you found the sock monkey costume - I'm in love with it, and all sock monkeys.
Awww, a sock monkey! That's so cute, haven't seen that costume before. And I LOVE those jammies. I'm all about jammies, and slippers, and blankets.
oh dear. i have waaay to much to say about the ol swine flu, i'm rather pro vaccine for this. that article has half facts, but doesn't fill in the blanks. there are so many blanks i can't begin to fill them on here. he seems like a nice guy, uninformed, but nice, however this is a time for modern medicine. one thing, the pandemic level is higher because it means the same strain has spread to many countries, (which it pretty much is) it isn't the number of how many people are affected (that's epidemic) i have lots to say about the # of hospitalizations, the adjuvant, the testing etc. and # 7 on the about swine flu is so wrong on so many levels, well all in that section are frustrating, but i'll try and control myself here.
on a lighter note, what great halloween stuff! we just carved our pumpkins tonight. i'm pretty much in LOVE with the sock monkey.
oh, this wasn't derek, he's not this crazy, just me, lindsay, sorry!
hahaha!! i'm laughing at the pj's. just last night i told rus i needed to get some (i was folding em's) and he told me i wasn't aloud.(you should have seen the look on his face). he didn't think they were all that attractive, i told him comfort is what is important here. he still won't go for it. i need to get some and surprise him. yeehaw!! haha
the bedding for K2 is super cute. fun halloween stuff too. i have looked at forever21 but have a hard time ordering online because of the whole size thing. (everything fits me different I hate it).
glad you are all feeling better. see you soon!
Kristyn
p.s. and i also love those jeans. they are on me right now and I love them.
Kristyn (i'm to lazy to change accounts)
Vaccinate, NOT HERE! I have a son who has Sensory Integration Disorder. It is about as close to Autism as you can get without being on the spectrum. I am one of those mom's, who after MY OWN RESEARCH, NOT what people have told me or what has been shown on t.v., havecome to my own conclusion that yes, I believe that his SID was triggered by hsi vaccine. We followed his vaccine schedule as we should. Yes, at about 18 months, we noticed a huge shift in L. 2 months later, we had our second son, B and decided to modify his vax schedule. We never vaxed him until he was 8 months old and I did my own research on what was in the vaccines, so if I did not feel comfortable with a certain vax, he did not get it. We did it with our daughter who is 21 months and have been happy with the results. No signs of SID or autism in ether.
I have had doctors tell me I am full of crap and that they know more about my son than I do. Sure. I will let them know when I believe them. I have had every doc told me I am full of crap about the vaxes. All I have to say is I have been his Mom for just over 8 years. I knew him before he got vaccinated and I know him after. Because my hubby works, most of the therapy has fallen to me. I have been the one to do the therapy, not the docs. THEY did not even think it wold work. It has. I have a son who now looks me in the eyes. THAT is precious. I have a son who still struggles with fine and gross motor, who I cannot run the vaccum around without him going insane, who struggles walking thru the hallway at school because when someone rubs past him, goes crazy. No, the doctor does not KNOW my child more than me.
What scares the CRAP out of me with this vax is they are pushing it on pregnant women saying it is safe, but don't worry, they will continue to do test. Does no one remember THALIDOMIDE??? There has been very few tests done on this. I know, I am not a fan of vaxes in the first place, so I am probably not the best person to ask, but that's just my opinion.
I think though that thee are 2 things that are really important though. 1. that people research the vaccine that is in THEIR country. Each country has diffrent "ingredients" in each of their vaccines, so people need to make sure they read what is going into their body. 2. that people do what they are comfortable with. If you want the vax, get it. If you don't don't. My hubby and I prayed about it. We feel comfortable not getting it. Does that mean it is right for them? NO. I think the worst thing anyone could do is do something just because someone else is doing it!
Sorry for the vent.
Super cute sock monkey costume. Thepjs are kinda comfy cute!
I'm with Linds on that article. He isn't really presenting the whole truth about what he is talking about. It seems like everyone is either way on one side or way on the other side, so it is hard to find the real facts.
I am not impressed about how quickly this vaccine came about, but H1N1 is spreading fast.
And I read stuff like this and think okay, what is this going to do to my kids if I give it to them, am I putting them in danger? But then I think to myself, this is a vaccine. It is not the first vaccine ever. It follows a formula just like every other vaccine. It just has a different virus in it.
So at first I was thinking there is no way I am getting it. Then I decided I am getting it because of where I work and because I know people who have the virus. And now I am leaning towards getting it for the kids too. They got their regular flu shots already. It's just so hard to know what is the right thing to do!
I guess what made me change my mind is this - I don't want to give my kids the vaccine. But what if they get the swine flu, and get super sick, and I could have done something to stop that or lesson the effects. So that thought pushed me over the edge, and I probably will vaccinate them.
One more thing, this guys is right about hand washing being the most important thing, but just because you will do it doesn't mean everyone will. And all it takes is one person who doesn't to spread it to your kids when you aren't looking.
oops that was Whitney not Brad! Like lins said I'm the crazy one not my husband!
Go here if you want more info
http://www.phac-aspc.gc.ca/alert-alerte/h1n1/vaccine_vaccin-eng.php
Love, love, love K2's bedding. And we won't be vaccinating for H1N1 and only Ty is getting the flu shot and that was just because the health nurse asked if we wanted him to get it with the rest of his shots. Normally I wouldn't even do that. It's just the decision that I feel is right for my family. I have nothing against other people doing it.
this is a passion filled subject Christal! I'm not getting the vaccine and neither are my kids...unless they beg me to and I'm too much of a push over to say no. To each his own. I just wish we all knew where to find the "real" info and not the pre-fabricated stuff that each side wants us to believe. Frustrating really.
P.S. You have amazingly fabulous taste. I would have made all the same purchases as well.
wow - passion filled subject is right! i'm still undecided on the vaccine, but i never get the flu shot and never get the flu either, so i'm just not sure how i feel. good luck deciding though :)
i love karsen's bedding and am so sad target didn't have that stuff when beckam was born - so stinkin cute! as for the pj's, i just may request them for my christmas pj's this year! and the jeans.....love them and may have to make a trip to ae today! thanks for keeping me in the fashion loop!
I think I will get vaccinated. I think that when people get the flu shot and then get the flu they were probably going to get the flu anyway, with the shot or not.
Love all of your pictures of fun things!
In our household, we've never supported getting the flu shot and every year we've been just fine.
My husband decided to do a little looking into all this H1N1 controversy. He went straight to the FDA website FDA.Gov and seached out the
Novartis Vaccines and Diagnostics Limited BLA 1750
September 2009
Influenza A (H1N1) 2009 Monovalent Vaccine
It is downloaded as a PDF
http://www.fda.gov/downloads/BiologicsBloodVaccines/Vaccines/ApprovedProducts/UCM182242.pdf
If you look at section "Use in specific populations" 8.1, 8.3, 8.4
it says specifically
"Safety and effectiveness of Influenza A (H1N1) 2009 Monovalent Vaccine have not been established in pregnant women, nursing mothers or children less than 4 years of age. (8.1, 8.3, 8.4)"
How can they be targeting at risk groups "pregnant & under 4" It worries me that it is untested and makes you wonder what the possible repercussions will be. (Maybe nothing, who knows, I guess we'll have to just wait and see)
I am not getting the H1N1 and neither is any of my family. I have only ever had the flu shot once and was fine from it but Matt and Tanner have never had it.
I love the bedding and the cute sock monkey outfit.
I hope you guys have a GREAT halloween.
WOW!!!! What fun, fun stuff! :0) I am just falling in love with your blog all over again. In fact I have added it as a favorite on my infertility and private blog! I'm so happy everyone is feeling better and no one else has the flu. My family and I all got the swine flu a few weeks ago and honestly, I would rather have that than the regular influenza ANY DAY! Early treatment is the trick I think. Have a wonderful and memorable Halloween!!!!
pahahahahaha. and that's all I'm going to say about that. :)
Love the bedding and costume for
K2! And I love the shirt. Looks like fun stuff for Halloween!!!
Cute bedding and sock monkey costume. Love the cute halloween ideas too!
Post a Comment