Some things I'm loving since I already told you about our weekend pretty much.
Loving Heidi Swapps graphics as above she is so fun!
I sometimes just feel refreshed just looking at her stuff or her graphics and projects she perfectly portrays the emotion or feelings in her designs or whatever it is!
I'm Loving me some ice water with lime or lemon in it maybe its the bright colors or freshness of it gives an old boring glass of water a nice kick that does the body good!
I'm loving the bright colors of down east basics right now and funky accessories I might just branch out lol! 

....and if I were pregnant these are the cutest maternity clothes! So I'm just passing it along since I'm not really in that category :( {{check it out here }}
----------------------------------
ME THINKS
-------------------------------------------
To live content with small means;
I've been doing a lot of thinking about sports since it was provincials this weekend and I actually got to a game. I live in a town where sports is the most important thing ever! From an early age the small first graders can attend b-ball camp or whatever.The school song is sung in preschool and they grow up with a strong pride in our team and schools.
Is there anything wrong with that?
Not really right.... school spirit is great, team spirit is awesome, the cheers from the crowd are amazing.and the feeling of unity is great. It's the hurtful things that are said and done and the negativity that comes with rival towns that gets to me especially if you have ties to all or both or whatever.
I get frustrated when I hear bad talking of other towns...... especially C town where I grew up the last few years before leaving home, and R town where I live now. Whichever way it goes.
I now live in R town...... a very very strong spirited town, a unity you don't see many places when it comes to the hard work they put in, and the greatness they put out. Certain families in town have amazing sport history behind them and brings the town together I think its awesome and most are humble and hard workers!
I only have a beef with knocking other people or teams bad and unsportsmanlike like. We all can be good but we don't need to be cocky about it right. Not all are don't get me wrong. I get frustrated when I hear people here say C town people are snooty or rude well I lived there too and I've felt that in both towns there are some of each wherever you go and that the few ruin it for the overall.
It happens everywhere I know.
EVERYBODY HAS THERE R TOWNS C TOWNS
UTES OR BYU FANS
WHO EVER WHATEVER
U
know what I mean...
EVERYBODY HAS THERE R TOWNS C TOWNS
UTES OR BYU FANS
WHO EVER WHATEVER
U
know what I mean...
I honestly think C town people have a lot of other things that use up there time then R town people, more kids in C town have jobs in town because there are more opportunities for it which in turn keeps them busier and time more occupied in other things.
Where in R town there aren't as many opportunities to work job wise unless you drive into the city to get one. SO that being said they have more time to dedicate to sports and excelling.
Not saying that C town doesn't excel because they do, but I know that the caliber of R town sports for whatever reason has a different feel to it. Its the attitude of some in the stands or sidelines that makes all the difference.
There are attitudes in both towns.
Does it make one better than then the other.
NO.
Don't worry I have a true blue RED who is 8 right now lol!!!
A former captain C for C town for a hubby
and me I'm still a little of both I just like cheering for all cause I know how hard they all work and I'm happy when R team wins anytime
and happy for C teams too cause our family has had lots of players on the football and basketball teams over the years and still have cousins playing too!!
ITS ALL GOOD RIGHT!
Really its just about good sportsmanship in the stands usually more than the court or field isn't it?
Don't worry I have a true blue RED who is 8 right now lol!!!
A former captain C for C town for a hubby
and me I'm still a little of both I just like cheering for all cause I know how hard they all work and I'm happy when R team wins anytime
and happy for C teams too cause our family has had lots of players on the football and basketball teams over the years and still have cousins playing too!!
ITS ALL GOOD RIGHT!
Really its just about good sportsmanship in the stands usually more than the court or field isn't it?
-----
ANYWAY
ANYWAY
A movie that if you haven't watched it do its awesome and perfectly portrays what is important in the sports world and has a great message.
To live content with small means;
to seek elegance rather than luxury,
and refinement rather than fashion;
to be worthy, not respectable,
and wealthy, not rich;
to study hard,
think quietly,
talk gently,
act frankly;
to listen to stars and birds,
to babes and sages,
with open heart;
to bear all cheerfully,
do all bravely,
await occasions,
hurry never.
In a word, to let the spiritual, unbidden and unconscious,
grow up through the common.
This is to be my symphony.











16 comments:
I know what you mean, the rivalries between R, C and M are so silly. I don't let John say negative things about C and R, and now it doesn't even bother him not to comment about them.
Well said!!!
I have never lived in R (well your R anyway....I did grow up in another R town), C, or M town and here I am miles away and I hear and KNOW about all the rivalry that goes on between those towns. News travels far. It's a shame. Many are from the same religion in those towns and it's sad. They should know better.
My D in fact has a shirt that reads "CHURCH BASKETBALL -- the brawl that begins with prayer". LOL! We get such a trip out of that church, it's funny and yet so sadly true.
In MY R town (lol) we too were HUGE on sports growing up. Basketball and cheerleading is what kept us all together and thriving through those long winter months. I have SO many good memories of that. However, there was T town and D town that were HUGE rivalries and they worked SO hard to compete against us. But you know what? Whether we won the tournaments or whether they did, did not matter.....we all were such good friends that whoever won, we ALL went out afterwards and celebrated BIG time in B Town!!! (The only place big enough with restaurants. LOL!)
P.S. LOVE that site for Half T's!!! I have been cutting my Cheap white shirts in half to wear them like that for years now. If had been more on the ball, I could have been making a business of it by now! ; D
P.S. Church - Shirt.......they all sound the same. You know what I meant. Right? LOL! "We get such a trip out of that "shirt". Sorry! Brain overload today.
I love that maternity website too!! I was sad they have mostly short sleeve cute stuff and I'm a long sleeve girl during the winter.
Good thoughts today :)
Loved your thoughts on Rtown and Ctown. I see, hear, and think about it all a lot. The towns are quite different and yet quite alike, and it's a unique position to be able to see the pros and cons of each. What's really interesting is that it's usually the people in the crowds that make the hurtful, wrong-spirited comments. The kids on the court are usually pretty good friends, who are hoping the best for each other's teams.
Exactly Jenna that's what I was trying to say I've heard some horrible stories on both sides lately. The kids tell me about and its not from the kids playing its from those in the stands and sidelines with the hurtful spiteful comments! That causes onlookers to assume the whole town is that way when its not at all. It is interesting to be apart of both though. Gives a different perspective on things!
I really enjoyed your post Christal, and I agree with all comments thus far :)
It truly makes all the difference in the world when someone stays a FAN and doesn't become a FANATIC.
And yes... because I living in "S" town... I sadly hear it all, and see it all too. It sure does make a domino effect.
What ever happened to good old fashioned sportsmanship!?
I love down east basics! It's my favorite modest clothing store.
As for the sports rivalry, I think sports are great and I love the spirit you feel when you go to a game and you can just feel everyone's energy.
What I don't agree with is when sports becomes more important than attending church meetings (ie youth nights or missing church for tournaments). I feel (this is just my feelings/opinion) that the Lord should always come first.
I don't like when people bash the other people's team members and/or coaches either. It's not at all Christlike. I agree with you there on that one. And I can't imagine being a referee. They get yelled at ALL the time and I don't think that's fair. They're doing the best they can and they might not see the same things we do. So I say, let's cut them some slack...lol
I loved this! I lived in C town and R town too, and there is definitely a lot of back and forth between the two. This was an awesome post!!
i am so in LOVE with down east right now. i was just on there today, i don't even know where to start.
oh the joys of the small town sports. when we lived in c town we ALWAYS got asked who we were cheering for, i always said we were just cheering for a good game. i try to not care, but you sometimes can't help it when you live here (and are married to my husband...) i think it's totally lame-o when people get over involved, get a life. these small towns are so the same and so different. i wish people could know each other for the good things we do in each others town, rather than as the freak shows that show up for sports stuff. it's so embarrasing sometimes.
Well said! I lived in C town(loved it) now in R town(love it too) and I'm from Magrath! Plus Dustin coached the C town boys when they were in junior high and coaches the R town football. That's why I only ever cheer if I have a relative playing.:)
So true!
Oh I have strong feels about poor sportsmanship. I HATE it. One of the things that first attracted me to Regan - he would NEVER act like that. EVER. I have been yelled at my grown men when keeping score and lots of other ridiculous things. It's fine to cheer for a team but seriously IT'S a SPORT.
I'll have to check out that movie, hadn't heard of it yet.
Yep, I agree with your thoughts on sports and the rivalries between the towns. It's sad when the parents who are supposed to be examples are sometimes the most embarrassing fans.
Yeah, I just ordered a half tee from the FBook group "Modest is Hottest". I love the look of layering, but hate how hot I feel in the summer.
When my son played for R town varsity this year-- first year--I couldn't believe the dedication and time the coaches put in and they expect it from the kids, too. It is like another religion!
P.S. Yup! I'm back again. LOL!
I forgot to mention that this was the same movie that our family watched that night in my parents' "park" this last summer.
The son of the coach in that movie, was one of the Elders serving right here in our ward/stake. That was SO cool for our youth. ; D IT's a great true story.
Post a Comment