This weekend I went on a YW retreat camp and I don't even have a picture to show for it I know shocker! It was good getting to know the girls better and the leaders. It did make me really miss my old ward too though. Some things just take time that's for sure.
But we went cross country skiing and i forgot how much I love it plus it was a great workout with all the food there too!
D had a fun dad time with the kids while I was gone too. I so appreciate him and his willingness and ability to watch his own kids, it amazes me that sometimes people are amazed that he is the one watching the kids imagine that eh!!
He took them to the Ranch on Saturday with a picnic lunch and let them run around and they loved it! They talked about it at soon as i got home! I Love my family!!
Sunday my brother came with his four kids from a couple hours away to spend the evening with us and then my other brother and his wife and my sister came too so we had a nice night visiting and laughing I hadn't seen my brothers for awhile so it was nice.
-----
and today. I just love pictures like these of all my kids and something new and all helping each other
{it was PJ day at school today so they wore them all day long and loved it!}
Love this picture too cause he looks like "oops I ran into the wall" ha ha he is getting so big!
Sunday my brother came with his four kids from a couple hours away to spend the evening with us and then my other brother and his wife and my sister came too so we had a nice night visiting and laughing I hadn't seen my brothers for awhile so it was nice.
-----
and today. I just love pictures like these of all my kids and something new and all helping each other
{it was PJ day at school today so they wore them all day long and loved it!}
Love this picture too cause he looks like "oops I ran into the wall" ha ha he is getting so big!
and That was pretty much our weekend.
---------------------------------
ME THINKS
and this is some deep vent thinking.......
We live in such a twisted, sad, wrong world...
some of my friends and family private blogs that you don't get to see but that is so well said wrote some awesome awareness pieces this week so I hope they don't care that I'm passing them along cause I feel the same way!!}
And I know the majority of us feel that way too....
one says....."I just found out that there are schools that will NOT fail students any more.
No more failing.
They're saying failing is too hard on children. They want everyone to be a winner.
please when in life is everyone a winner.
We are setting up the future generations for complete failure.
* What will give students any drive? If they can never fail and just keep moving on, really won't students just stop caring.
* What will give teachers the motivation to teach, inspire, motivate and cultivate curiosity and learning? I hope they wouldn't but if the students stop caring, I would think the teachers would a bit too.
* We are headed into trouble(well we already know we are, governments are corrupt, but I won't even get into that) Our future generations will be uneducated. The same future generations that will be running our countries, dealing with our money, even with our health. It's scary....
* What will give teachers the motivation to teach, inspire, motivate and cultivate curiosity and learning? I hope they wouldn't but if the students stop caring, I would think the teachers would a bit too.
* We are headed into trouble(well we already know we are, governments are corrupt, but I won't even get into that) Our future generations will be uneducated. The same future generations that will be running our countries, dealing with our money, even with our health. It's scary....
{{amen...}}
and this next one makes me absolutely SICK!!
...."I want to protect my children, I don't want to have them be hardened little people in a world that still has a lot of good in it. Especially in our town. But like all towns and cities and villages, where there is good, there is also evil. ......... there are about 10-13 boys at the school that are playing kissing tag. Except it's not kissing tag. It's the 2010 version of kissing tag and it's called r'ap'e tag. And it's gotten to the point that some of the girls when they get caught will lay on the ground and open their legs. The sad part is this, they are 3rd grade boys..... There are a few older boys, but mainly it's the 3rd graders. 60% of them don't even know what the word means. It is turning into a huge problem at schools ......"
-----------------------------------------
WE NEED TO be talking to our children. Whether its uncomfortable or not.
Things I probably didn't even know in eighth grade they know now in 2nd & 3rd grade the things that come out of some of there mouths is appalling...
Things I probably didn't even know in eighth grade they know now in 2nd & 3rd grade the things that come out of some of there mouths is appalling...
AND I have to wonder WHAT kind of parents are there out there? What do we allow our kids to watch, listen too, and look at? some music these days is sick -- {listen to the words your singing some time} disturbing is more like it. and What KIND OF AN EXAMPLE are we setting?
In our words, deeds, actions all of it?
There is no respect in schools, to adults, ADULTS seem to cower and let them get away with it all.
AND WE CAN"T do anything without offending somebody and seems to me our
FREEDOM OF SPEECH AND thoughts even are being taken away
SUING for everything ... come on....
suing cause you said one wrong thing your opinion or otherwise
social networks seriously ruining and hurting our children and youth because one person sends this posts that and you suddenly become a victim or the cyber bullying that is going on.... is sickening and ruining children and teenagers lives.
children thinking they can get away with anything, the back talking, the addictions to the phones that are practically attached to the palm of their hands...
do you even know what they are obsessively texting about?
What's so important in that device that makes everything in reality..... pale in comparison
where social skills are less and less, religion and actually talking to people is affected.
What is wrong with that picture!
...a sick world and some days I wonder how long it can keep rolling the way it is...
.I think the world is way worse and and way more disturbing now than it ever was
All the crazy, twisted laws removing God from everything when that's where we need HIM EVERYWHERE
we wonder why things are falling apart?
TAKE A GOOD LOOK AROUND or just watch the news I guess.
BUT that being said....
There are also a lot of amazing awesome things happening these days too.
Its not all bad we just need to be prepared. and
We need to talk to our kids
we need to teach our kids
cause it is only up to us to do our part with faith and love
cause it is only up to us to do our part with faith and love
and help them understand so they will know what to do.
Not to scare them but to prepare them.
Not to scare them but to prepare them.
Cause its only the beginning.
But
But




12 comments:
I totally agree. Parents need to step up and take responsibility for teaching their kids respect, responsibility and about life in general. I know parents want to protect their kids from all the bad stuff in the world, but that's totally against God's plan. There is opposition for a reason. It's that opposition that gives us the experience we need to learn while on this earth. WELL SAID!
ARE you serious about the kissing tag version??? HOLY COW. That is scary that we are sending sweet little children in that environment. ACK and makes me nervous!!!!
This is a good wake up call that if we don't teach our kids nobody will. it seriously makes me sick to my stomach to think about how things are. But faith not fear is the way to press on. Love you!
When I think of things like this in the world I think of one word: Repulsive.
I often think about the homes of these kids, where values are taught or are they? It scares me to raise kids and in that way I'm glad I'm getting one at a time in the way that I am.
Homes need to be more of a sanctuary, more like the Temple than ever before for reasons like these that we see and that we send our kids in to. It's SICK!! And school years scare me. But like Kate says and the scriptures say....Vigilance and Faith not Fear will be our only anchor to keeping our kids (and ourselves) close to the things of the spirit and of God.
Yikes! We, as mothers, have a a huge Calling to fill and we cannot do it alone.
Great post, eye opening....
You know my thoughts on the first issue, obviously. the second one made me sick.
the word rape is used all the time by kids/teenagers. I remember being the in the high school a few years ago and someone says to the person i was talking to, "when you get back i'm going to rape you" jokingly. I stopped in my tracks and asked if they really knew what rape meant. If they ever really thought that that word to someone else may not be a joke. It's not a joke, that word means that something sacred was taken away from someone else.
Having girls and being a women myself I don't take that word lightly. at all. not a joke, even if it's nine year olds not knowing what they are really talking about.
sometimes the responsibility of being a parent is overwhelming. I'm glad for the support system we have.
hearing things like this makes our decision to keep M back a year in school more confirmed. we just want her to have the confidence to stand up for herself and what is right. Being the oldest not the very youngest will hopefully help.
Like Kate said, "faith not fear is the way to press on."
(i said i would never live in the middle of nowhere and that i would never home school, but some days those options seem like good ones)
love ya.
I totally agree kristyn maybe we should start our own colony eh! Somedays it feels like the best option!!
If you're starting a colony, please include Smith's as a last name option. We want in.
The boonies never have sounded so good...
and I agree. with everything.
I applaud this post Christal!!!
http://www.lds.org/ldsorg/v/index.jsp?hideNav=1&locale=0&sourceId=abb127cd3f37b010VgnVCM1000004d82620a____&vgnextoid=2354fccf2b7db010VgnVCM1000004d82620aRCRD
http://www.lds.org/ldsorg/v/index.jsp?hideNav=1&locale=0&sourceId=889e15e67b5b2210VgnVCM100000176f620a____&vgnextoid=2354fccf2b7db010VgnVCM1000004d82620aRCRD
http://www.lds.org/ldsorg/v/index.jsp?hideNav=1&locale=0&sourceId=954eee9ba42fe010VgnVCM100000176f620a____&vgnextoid=f318118dd536c010VgnVCM1000004d82620aRCRD
P.S. I agree with Kristyn. Rape is NEVER a joke. Or funny. Or comical. Never! Never! Never! I feel sadness for the children who are being taught otherwise. The pure and sweet little ones, who have no idea what "that game" really implies.
Scary!
You are funny though ending the post with Keep Calm!
I'm sure that most, if not all, of these little kids probably don't even know what it is they are doing. I guess while 'keeping calm" we need to talk to our children and help them understand without helping them lose their innocence.
I did read the rest of the blog and I of course agree with all you've said. The world can be a scary place. Hopefully we can be an example to all but most importantly in our homes.
You are wonderful and so insightful. Love ya.
It is so true. In a way I am glad my kids are out of the school system. It scares the heck out of me. What a great post!!!!
It's so scary to send our children out into the world. Hearing things like this always makes me hope and pray that I am able to do everything I can to teach my children what is right...what it means to respect other people...and to have values.... It's such a big responsibility, but it's so important. Especially when you hear about situations like the tag thing...how horrible. It's so important to still be the biggest influence in our children's lives even when they are away from us at school or where ever it may be...they can be the positive example around them for good. And I agree that it starts in the home!
Post a Comment