WE had SO much fun getting away to phoenix some of our good friends have a time share type house down there and it was so beautiful! It rained for our first three days kind of chilly actually but it was so fun anyway! First day we went up to south mountain on a drive and looked around...
.....check out those dark clouds we kind of figured that we are rain cursed when we want to feel the sun and get away last year we went on a cruise to the bahamas and it rained pretty much the whole time expect for about two hours in the bahamas at the beach so we got a taste of it! I'm just happy getting away and seeing new things and spending time with D and friends.
I loved the catcus's the different vegatation and the greenery which was
we spent the rest of our sunday just going on a sightseeing sunday drive to the phoenix capital building and saw some memorials and such from pearl harbour I love history so it was fascinating to me. I just love traveling and learning about history and people!!
On monday it was pretty much rainy so we used it as our shopping day here so many great deals I totally would have gotten more if I didn't have to stuff it in my suitcase!! lol! We went out to a great mexican place for dinner and had lots of great laughs and went back to the house and watched pearl harbor! Kind of fun since the day before we had seen the anchor and memorial for it!
On Tuesday we hiked to the wind caves so fun!! and a beautiful view it was amazing!! Loved it!! Tuesday was a fun day! Some of the scenery and the reason we don't have many picture...ha ha ...guys!!
Look how huge these are!! amazing!!! It takes 70 years of growth before an arm shots some of these are so tall and have so many arms amazing!!! This picture gives you an idea of how big they really are!!
.....then after our hike and a picnic lunch... it started down pouring so we headed to the arizona temple so beautiful!!! Then we headed to the visiters center and out to dinner at Rustlers Rooste! way to much good food for me in a week!! We tried new places to eat at each night and found some great places. Richard had served his mission in arizona years ago so he was a great tour guide and showed us some fun places!
..after we picked some grapefriuts and pecans on the way back to the van!! how awesome eh!! I know I get excited about things like this they were so much better then the store bought stuff we eat!! so good!
...the next day we kind of took it easy in the morning and the sun came up a bit so we took advantage of it for a while!! D took a swim it was still a little cold to me but it was beautiful and fun to just sit and read a book for awhile and feel the sun!!
..that night we went here
for a bit and to cabelas for awhile ate at cracker barrel {love the place!} and then we headed to the NHL Phoenix Coyotes vs-Vancouver Canucks game so much fun! The guys were so excited. I was too but not like them! I swear there were more Canadians there, their cheer was louder then the home teams all the snowbirds and people like us I guess!! Anyway after overtime and a shoot out the coyotes took it! It was a great game and fun to see what they leave out on tv!
....early thrusday morning it was just so pretty there green grass fun to just relax and laugh and talk and enjoy each others company!! It was so fun!
a little bit of the grand canyon out the plane window!
......and back to ugly snowy brown started out green in AZ saw snow capped mountains, red canyons, and brown patches the closer to home we got! ....
IT was a great trip and we can't wait to do it again sometime we had a blast with friends and learned a lot more about each other, lots of great laughs and good times!! Thanks so much guys!!
It was a beautiful home close to everything and we had a riot!! The Phoenix area is probably the cleanest city I've seen and been too and driving across America on our way to and from Florida we've seen a few!! Lots to do there too, mountains are close and just beautiful vegetation and surroundings.
I'm so thankful for friends and family who watched all our kids and made it so we didn't' have to worry about them!! THANK YOU!!! They all had so much fun where they were!!
Have a great week!!
Have a great week!!


12 comments:
Looks fun to get away - I'll do that someday... And don't even talk to me about the Mexican food down there - I'm craving it now! Glad you saw at least a little sun!
What a blast!!!! We lived in Pheonix 10 ish years ago and I loved it. We lived there 2 years! I am so glad you got away and had a good time.
Welcome back Christal! WOW! What an amazing trip! Great pics! I loved seeing all the different plant life there. It's funny to see such HUGE cacti!!!
Glad you had a chance to get away and "Date" for a whole lot longer than two hours at a movie. LOL!
Man that sounds like fun!! I so want to go there for a visit (reg's parents have a place we could stay at). Some day I guess!
It looks like a fun trip even if it was on the chilly side.
I love AZ.
I love Allegiant air even more...
looks like you guys had a great time TOGETHER.
Glad you're back safe!
Thanks goodness for Allegiant. Saved our butts when Aubey flew to Vegas to buy Moose.
What a fun trip. I hear ya, rain can't ruin the fun. So, what was the Arizona temple like inside? Similar to Cardston's? Do you move from room to room? I love the cacti, and so cool to pick fruit from the tree.
Looks like you had SO much fun. We all need a little get away with our hubbies once in awhile don't we. Hope you feel rejuvenated!
I'm so glad you guys had a good time. I can't believe how tall that cactus was! I was sad not to see you while I was down, next time though.
looks like you had a great time. oh arizona what a wonderful place. i wanted to go so bad already, this did not help.
glad it was a good trip even if it was a little chilly..
How fun! I've always wanted to go to Arizona. That cactus you are standing by is HUGE! Way cool! Glad you guys had such a great time.
I love Arizona. Jeff served the same mission as Richard, so we went back there to visit the same year we got married. I LOVED IT and would move there if we didn't care about being close to family. Hopefully we will go visit again soon. Looks like you had lots of fun and two awesome people to go with too. Richard and Tessa, we really like them, such a good couple. We surely will miss him as bishop.
Post a Comment