Wednesday, April 21, 2010

{It's way to nice outside..}


{new song so turn it up.love the lyrics..}
My kids are jumping in their swimsuits on the tramp....
last week there was a foot of snow and no power...
I've been to the park 3 times already this week....
walked 26 km already....
enjoyed early morn runs again...
 have my first sunburn...
the "middles" aka L &M's hairs are already lightening up....
they are my summer blondies and winter darks...
they have dirt everywhere...
...got my first flowers of the year yesterday {dandelion} from sweet M...
K's freckles exploded all over his face  
{I so love those sun kissed freckles!
and the blisters on his ears are back sunscreen everyday on his poor ears!
 and best of all...
they are HAPPY
and
they are going to sleep really, really fast each night..
I love to hear them laugh and talk and play
I love the sounds of happy children....
SO
I think we may have a touch of summer fever so far this week...
or at least a few hot spring days
--------------------------------
ps.  M learned how to scale the back deck
 and escape...there is just no stopping the boy....
{and another sure sign that the weather is nice}
I need to be constantly listening for every door and window being opened in this house..
{{and we apologize before hand to our neighborhood for the little LOST boy....who just wants out..}}
please just send him home....
His name really should have been Huck or Tom Sawyer?...
-------------------------
 I'll leave ya with....
a Little 
ME THINKS
"Work is an antidote for anxiety, an ointment for sorrow, and a doorway to possibility. Whatever our circumstances in life...  
let us do the best we can 
and cultivate a reputation for excellence in all that we do. Let us set our minds and bodies to the glorious opportunity for work that each new day presents."...

...When our wagon gets stuck in the mud, God is much more likely to assist the man who gets out to push than the man who merely raises his voice in prayer—no matter how eloquent the oration. President Thomas S. Monson put it this way: 
“It is not enough to want to make the effort and to say we’ll make the effort. . . .
It’s in the doing, not just the thinking, 
that we accomplish our goals. If we constantly put our goals off, we will never see them fulfilled.

Every journey begins with the first step.....
------------------------------------
to go with that ..I love this .....
 Are you happy? 
Hope so ....
Well we are going out to play....
before it rains or snows...


make some memories....have a great day... 

7 comments:

CASSIE said...

Love everything about this post.
The song you posted too.
It's one of my new favs as well ;)
Thanks for your thoughts...
I needed it today!

Lynn said...

Totally feel the sun and summer at your house today!! WOW!

You are so right.

We went from winter to summer in one loud BAM!

So nice. Loving it!

Happy Summer Christal to you and your cute little fam.

Katelyn said...

I love this post and your last post. I love this weather too, it feels so good! I love how your kids just love to be outside and not in front of a tv, way to go.

LindsayB said...

this is so glorious. you have to soak up every second around here because you never know when it's going end. my kids came home from the neighbors house completly drenched in their clothes from the sprinkler on the tramp and i couldn't have been happier for them. and they have been dead tired every night with their sunburned cheeks, i am in heaven.

Alison said...

I can't believe your snow storm! Ahhh! Cute pictures of your kids sledding down the neighbors porch! Love it. A few days ago we had snow, then yesterday it was so nice we headed to the park and got sunburned, and today it's raining. Crazy weather! Spring, please come! Love K2 looking out the window. Cute post!

Kim said...

It's so nice to finally have 'summer' weather!! We've been outside everyday enjoying it.

You always have great thoughts too...very inspiring. I need to go review what my goals were for the year. I find about this time I start to forget...and if I'm not working on it then I'm not accomplishing much.

:)

Holly said...

Ooh! We can't wait for summer too! :) LOVE it! You make me want it even more! My Braxton is JUST like M, constantly escaping, running down the road... I don't even want to know what my neighbors think! haha!