Monday, March 14, 2011

{ 1 word. & me thinks}

soon?
now.
need.
devastating.
Missing.
excited.  





































































  
prettyyum. 
Guilty.
LiFe.  
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Me thinks.
With so much devastation and loss this past weekend it really opens my eyes to how very very much we take for granted in our lives. 
Think about this one, we don't have much to complain about, but we sure spend our time complaining some days. 
But reading this quote or whatever you call it below
made me think how very blessed I am.
We get so used to our way of life that things we do everyday we have no idea what it would be like to have it all wiped away in a matter of minutes.... hard cause we are used to living the way we do. 
But really even with that if we learn to  
live a little more self sufficiently, live with less and make do or do with out.
We are still far more ahead then some who live without 
{all of the time.some of the time. or at unexpected times}
-------------------------
"If we could string the earth's population to a village of 100 people, there would be:
57 Asians
21 Europeans
14 Westerners
8 African
--------------
52 females
48 males
70 non-whites
30 whites
70 non-Christians
30 Christians
---------------------
6 people would have 59% of the wealth, and all 6 of them would be from the U.S.A.
80 would live in horrible housing
70 would be unable to read
50 would suffer from malnutrition
Only 1 would have a college education
Only 1 would have a computer
-----------------------
If you have food in your fridge, clothes on your back, a roof over your head and a place to sleep...you're richer than 75% of the world.
If you woke up this morning with more health than illness, you are more blessed than the million who will die this week from sickness.
If you have money in the bank, in your wallet, and change in your car, you are in the top 8% of the world's wealthy.
If you can attend a church meeting without fear of arrest, torture, or death, you are more blessed than 3 billion people in the world.
If you have never experienced danger of war, the loneliness of prison, the agony of torture, or the pangs of starvation, you are ahead of 500 million people in the world.
If you can hold someone's hand, hug them, or even touch them on the shoulder, you are blessed because there is love in your life."
--Unknown.
--------------------

TaKe NoThInG FoR GrAnTeD
Perform every act in life as though it were your last.
-Marcus Aurelius

Do something for someone else.
big or small it all adds up.

Have a great week.

5 comments:

Alison said...

So true! We are so blessed and it's so good to take a minute to stop and remember our many many blessings, especially when disaster strikes around the world.

I'm loving those rainbow cupcakes, so fun for St. Patrick's this week!

Lynn said...

I think we are pretty prepared and BOOM!...earthquake in Japan and I panic.....start to think and go through inventory of supplies and start creating a list of things we have yet to get...wow.....what a wake up call. Always is. Thankfully and amazingly so, all the missionaries are okay (Dean's cousin serving there), but it's horrible to watch the death toll numbers rise each day. I pray for all the losses. We really do have so much to be thankful for don't we.

Great post. Love the one words under the pics. Just one little word truly says it all.

lauralquinton said...

I liked the one word with each picture. :D Great post {again!} I'm getting excited for changes.....if only we were in the same ward. We'd have some serious fun! I miss you. I think we need to have a girls night after show choir. {119 days}

L

Judy said...

All my food storage is in Idaho....... :{ It really makes you think huh? I have been so down this week thinking of them and watching all the footage. so sad!

Katelyn said...

I just got caught up reading your last 4 posts. Man I haven't been keeping up very well. I will just comment on all 4 here. Thought of you for sure reading the new ensign, so proud of you for being so strong and moving forward in your life. Love that L got the comb stuck in her hair, haha. Glad your girls day was great, too fun! Sad about your ward-they really become your family and it is hard when it gets pulled apart :( Missed YOU last weekend. Wished I could have seen you but it was fun to see D and your kids. Love ya!