Thursday, February 9, 2012

{Thankful}

source
I love this quote {thanks for sharing Tisha!}
I LOVE IT!!
It actually kind of makes me cry if I'm being honest just thinking of the abundance and simplicity life has given me and realizing its the simple things....and choosing the secret garden I got right here in front of me everyday...so thankful...

...for this growing boy who just keeps growing up and is so good to me and such a help in every way...K is pure joy....

....for after school snacks......and long talks after school......
about our days....
 .......for the many faces of K2 he is my little buddy all day long how awesome is that:)  love his facial expressions he always makes me laugh..
..... for this crazy boy who keeps me on my toes and is so independent:) but who we can't imagine life without....
..... for this little miss L. girl in the house with all the  boys ....adds a touch of  drama in the house, a little flair,  a little all girl .....learning and growing up way to fast love her!!
 ......for the cookie making, dancing in the kitchen, puzzle making ....block building kind of mornings:)
..... for a warm meal everyday.....
and a hard working husband and father who is my best friend...
we've got health, work, amazing families on both sides  

....so i am grateful for the abundance that is present....and thats the secret garden I choose to tend....
my
heaven on earth.
(of course that doesn't mean life is perfect or free of trials, hurt, and disappointment but choosing to entertain which thoughts and what attitude "which garden" is what matters right. if we go on the things that aren't or didn't happen for us then it greatly affects everything we do think and say... So choose what garden you want to tend and decide before it tends you)

6 comments:

Just Rhonda said...

Great list. And great life you've got!

Holly said...

I love this. In fact I just read a great article on being content & grateful for the simple things in life. It is SO true!!! Love you Miss Christal! You have a great life because you do appreciate it and I think you work hard at creating it too! You are a great wife, & momma! :) Have a great weekend!!

the splendid life of us... said...

That is a beautiful quote and beautiful wisdom.

Brenley

Alison said...

I love this post Christal! You are such a cute wife and mom, and have such an adorable family, and I love that you take the time to appreciate and love it. Love ya!

Unknown said...

I love that top quite, it's awesome! Thanks for the reminder that it's the little things that make our lives so wonderful. -mwah-

The Lowry's said...

Cute kids! Love that quote as well. And loving your new song on the blog.