Monday, October 20, 2008

{ Me Thinks Monday...}

I have a lot of thinking going on this week.
First of all I have to say that my heart is breaking for this family so sad to lose your best friend in the world, to loss the companionship, the life you had together and makes you appreciate everyday more deeper. But it makes me so happy to have the Gospel and a plan that we WILL see our loved ones again after this life.
We have known them for a very long time and we were both friends in high school. Their journey and struggles through Leukemia and trials associated with it have been shared by all through their blog. A community of love and support was definitely shown last night and I'm sure before the funeral today
It took us an hour to get to the line for the viewing last night. There are really no words to describe the pain and hurt she is going through at this time and our hearts and prayers are with their whole family and those precious little kids. Sometimes the words don't come and there is nothing really to say then to be there. The tears and the hugs and the I love you's mean more sometimes then trying to find the right words.
Having three kids ourselves it drives it closer to home too, and thinking of putting ourselves in their situation, painful to say the least.
I love this song and the words by Micheal McLean I wish I could whip up a plaque to give to her today because these words are so comforting:
We love you Cor. And our prayers are with all the Williams and Johnson families.
---------------------------------------------------
FOR ME THINKS
I found this paragraph in
Sheri Dew's book:: If life were Easy, it Wouldn't be Hard.
It says:
Why do we compete with each other? If we all had the capacity to work at our peak everyday to build the kingdom, which none of us have, there would still be more to do , more to accomplish, more to get done, more people to influence. Why do we not therefore cheer for each other's gifts, contributions, and sincere efforts to make a difference in the world? Why do we make comparisons that are never fair? Why do we have an insatiable urge to label and categorize everyone when no one can be defined by one dimensional category?
We are not supposed to be alike. We weren't given the same gifts. None of us were given all the gifts of God, we were each given at least one spiritual gift. And the reason seems obvious: The Lord needs a full spectrum of talent consecrated to His work. He also wants us to work together, rejoice in each other's strengths and together compensating for each other's weaknesses. That is why comparing, competing, and categorizing - traps we seem to fall into naturally and repeatedly- are deadly.
-----------------------------
Thought provoking eh! Something to think about!


Hope everybody has a great week!!

7 comments:

Holly said...

Oh I LOVE your quotes... if you don't mind, I might steal them and use them for my lesson this week! :) L's hair is SOOO adorable... but it wouldn't matter what her hair looked like she is just SO darn cute!!

Lynn said...

Amen to it all Christal! You are the best. My hugs and heart are out to you this week as you mourn with those who mourn. Love ya.

Tiffany said...

Thanks so much for this post...I do not know Cam or Coralee personally but have felt I have got to know them a bit better through there blog. This last week I have been constantly thinking of them and the silent prayer in my heart for her and the family. That would be such a hard trial. It makes me ever apprciate my own health and all that I am blessed with. The trails of my life right now are only but a moment compared to Cor's. Wishing her peace at this hard time.

Jill said...

I don't know that family at all but my heart is broken right now. Seriously it hurts...it's so hard to see such unfortunate tragedies. What a beautiful family.

I loved the Sherri Dew thought too!!!!!! SOOOOOOOOOOO good. Amen sister.

Unknown said...

Thank you for the reminder that things can always be worse. My heart and thoughts are with this sweet family. What a difficult trial to endure. You are a good friend.

the fellers said...

I feel for the Williams family too, what a tragic story!

Kim said...

What a sad and difficult time for that sweet family. I feel so blessed to have the gospel to help me understand when I'm faced with difficult trials. Great quotes you shared :)