So many people depend on us for so much besides to be example's. To teach. To learn from.
To be there. To enjoy each other. To embrace every one of our titles.
To do the best we can with them every day.
-----------------------
I'm loving the neighbours here we have a good car pooling schedule that hopefully will work good. But its just a relief not to have to go out every morning. There a lots of kids in our neighbourhood its fun the kids are loving it!
Yesterday a neighbour brought us a little housewarming gift {so so nice of her she is awesome- love her already so its fun to be neighbours now} anyway she brought us some cookies and a little craft the said Enjoy the little things. It's an awesome reminder for every day so I put it where I can see it everyday so I can remember -to enjoy the little things.
I love it and I'm so thankful for the kindness that others have shown and extended towards us as a family over the past little bit, well and always. We live in a great community. Lots of great people.
We have made so many great friends throughout our married life and we look forward to meeting new people and enjoying the friends we have now. I'm so grateful for friends.
-------------------------------
I'm so thankful for my children {I have some days I really enjoy them more like this.} 
But these times I remember how much I love them and am so thankful to have them as part of our lives and family, do you ever watch your kids where they are sleeping and wonder whats in store for there lives and wonder what choices they will make or if they know how very much they are loved? So many fears, joys and thoughts.
I only hope what we teach them is instilled deep inside and will be a guide throughout their lives to live full, productive and happy lives. 
I'm so thankful for the values and lessons in life I've been taught.
Masen is talking more and more and its really fun he is funny and likes to tease the other day
he says {after I got off the phone}
who dat mama: grama? dawna? livi? soren? BENIE {our friends dog} then he laughs
and of course we all had a good laugh.
I always find it amazing how much they know at such a young age and the things they pick up on! Bunch of comedian kids I have just like their dad ha ha!
What joy kids are most of the time eh!
Here's another one from little miss Lauren
L: mom can I please have a drink?
Me: Lauren I can't do three things at once just give me a minute then I will K be patient
Lauren : MARTHA CAN!!!
WHAT as in Martha Stewart??? {here Martha used to come on after cartoons and they loved to watch her cook or whatever she was doing sometimes obviously a few to many sometimes lol}
Anyway it gave me a good laugh!!! As if my four year old is comparing me to the ever- knowing amazingly- crafty- talented--- I can do three things at once MARTHA!!!!!
SO thankful for Martha influence in my four years old life ha ha!!
------------------------
So onto the next lesson in thankfulness I am so so sad to leave my calling {primary secretary} I love it and love the girls I work with we work so good together and they are really great friends we had a lot of good times and I know we will have more its not like we moved out of town.
D and I cleaned out our binders last night and today and got really sad to pass them on. We have been very blessed through D's service {as 2nd councillor in the bishopric} We've learned a lot and made great friends with the families he has worked with. It's different being in a position that requires a lot of time away from home its funny how I know that a lot of times I wished he didn't have to go to another meeting, or somebody else didn't need him or that the phone was always ringing for him.
But through it all we have been blessed with service and opportunities we never would have had otherwise and I'm thankful for the learning and growing we have done together as a couple, as a family and as a ward. I love this ward and the people we are all truly here to learn and grow from each other and value our differences and I have learned that a lot over the years and still continue to do so.
But like President Monson spoke about last Sunday in his message on Change that was a talk just for me. I know it will be fine and we have lots to learn and people to meet and hopefully lots of opportunity for service and growth. Life is about change and the older I get the more I'm learning from it. So I guess in return I am thankful for it too.
------------------------------------
I'm thankful that thanksgiving is coming up I love this time of the year fall crispy leaves, crisp air, turkey, potatoes, pies {actually all together to much food what spoiled people we are eh}, FAMILY, togetherness-- one of my favorite fall smells is burning leaves
I love that smell.
Thanksgiving stands for so much. GRATITUDE above all. But since HARVEST is winding down and that is a big factor in fall. Some of my favorite memories involve tractors and watching them do the rounds, round and round the field and the light shining in my bedroom window when I was younger- love it! Just seeing the fields full of round bales is one of my favorite things and I'm so thankful for our farmers and ranchers. Since that is our lively hood and D's families life. Its a good life. Hard working bunch. D and I spent a lot of dating months in the semi hauling hay or in the tractor baling. And I'm thankful for everyone of those memories and everyone of my family!!
Well have a great weekend and MAKE EVERYDAY COUNT!


7 comments:
LOL!!!! Your kids are REALLY funny! I had a good chuckle over their conversations with you.
I remember watching my kids sleep when they were toddlers too and wondered what it would be like when they were teenagers. I really couldn't picture it and now here they are.....and here I am. So fun! Lot's of usual Teenage stuff....the ups and downs, but the UP'S SURE outweigh the down's.
So what is your new calling in your ward? What is D's??
What?! Burning leaves? I couldn't even guess what that smells like.
Love the Martha Stewart conversation, so cute.
That's one of my favorite reminders... I DEF. needed it today! {It's hard to remember when both your kids can't make it through Walmart w/out having a meltdown lol!} haha. So thanks. Also Loved L's martha comment... oh my word. TOO funny! Hope you have a great weekend Christal!
I can relate to the Martha thing - I used to leave it on too after cartoons, but then Mattias would watch her bake something, and he would be glued to the tv in great interest. I had to shut it off before his expectations became too high! I should tell you sometime about my cousin that worked for Martha at one of her magazines - happy and perky she is always not.
I am sorry you have to leave your ward. I know you will miss the wonderful people there! God has big things in store for you, though, at your next bend in the road. You are right...life is all about change! (Which I'm not a huge fan of!)
I love the picture of the bales of hay! Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays, too!
I'm totally busting up about "Martha can!" That is hilarious!!!!!
Your posts are so uplifting and positive.
Thank you!
haha...i LOVE that comparison to Martha, what a smart little girl!! haha
Post a Comment