Thursday, October 16, 2008

{ Thankful Thursday }


I am so very thankful for all that I have. The reminders of all that is important in life continues to have a big impact on me.
I want to share a few links of people I know and one I don't. The struggles and trials these people are going through will remind you, like me, that we need to have more gratitude for all we are given and have. Even our worst days don't compare to what some go through everyday, and are going through right now, things no person ever thinks they will have to go through but are.
Reading these will make you fully aware of all that we are individually blessed with and all that we take for granted on a daily bases. Some will make you cry and others will remind you of what we need to be doing with today so we don't have a bunch of empty yesterdays. Some today's are all we have.
I hope they don't mind me sharing their stories and links
Our prayers and thoughts are with them all.
"Count your many blessings name them one by one"
Reading these posts makes me do just that.
{So if you know of someone going through a tough time and want to share a link to there blog post a comment and add onto the list. Maybe in a small way we can all learn to be more aware of others and have more gratitude in our lives and somehow help others or know better how to help others. We never know what kind of battle everyone is facing. We all know someone in pain and there are so many suffering. }

6 comments:

Lynn said...

Oh AMEN to that!!!

Here is another blog of someone that I have been following. She is an AMAZING person and a great example to us all. Her little baby just drowned in their back yard earlier this year.

I draw strength from her! She is dealing with such pain and heartache and I draw strength from her! Truly.

http://adailyscoop.blogspot.com/

Jill said...

double amen!!!
We both understand each other's heartache because we have the same struggles...but I wouldn't dare trade my problems with ANYONE. It's so incredibly hard to see what other people have to suffer through.
I am soooooo blessed and have soooooo much!! Besides the constant pleading for another baby in my prayers, they are always full of gratitude and thanks!

Holly said...

So very true!! I loved the music man quote that pres. Monson used in conference too!! Thanks for the links. I also love the link that Lynn shared!

Jodi Pilling said...

Loved your post today. I have been following serveral of the blogs you mentioned and my heart just aches for these families. It makes me appreciate my life so much more!

and yes...I still do the Salt City thing. they have some great new products for Christmas. Let me know if you are interested. You don't have to have a party either...I could just send you a catalouge and you could go from there.

Jodi Pilling said...

Loved your post today. I have been following serveral of the blogs you mentioned and my heart just aches for these families. It makes me appreciate my life so much more!

and yes...I still do the Salt City thing. they have some great new products for Christmas. Let me know if you are interested. You don't have to have a party either...I could just send you a catalouge and you could go from there.

Scrappy Girl said...

Love that quote!