Monday, August 3, 2009

{300th post.. a giveaway and ME THINKS...}

Wow 300 posts later! Crazy to think that I've actually written that many entries learned alot about myself and others, plus met a lot of awesome people. Got to know some others I knew but didn't really but feel like I know so much better now... weird yeah did that even make sense haha!
Well this weekend we got in some more family horseback riding friday night, Masen loves horses he would stay on one forever! So M, D and I went on a nice longish ride it had been awhile for me but I really enjoyed it. I'm also glad my kids all love it!
It was a hot weekend but finally got to the lake well the kids and dad did, K2 was a little fussy. And fussy and mosquito's and boats don't really go together it was just the evening anyway. They all went tubing even masen so I am sad I didn't get pictures of it or anything but I actually enjoyed getting alot done at home and even reading a book for a bit imagine that.
I have to admit some days I have felt a little like this in the past month but overall its been good. I just miss being able to go running when I want, things will take a little bit adjusting too in the first bit and that's fine. I kind of feel glued the the feeding /computer chair since I don't have a good glider yet -but it comes next week and I can't wait. Hopefully I 'll get outside soon and hit the pavement more regularly again.
So overall it was a good weekend today was a holiday that got spent building shelves in the storage room that is way exciting cause it means food storage space and just space in general!
-----------------------------
ME THINKS
thoughts from Nancy Murphy's book Whisperings of the Spirit
My friend Melissa posted this on her blog last week it made me think, then made me read it again and really think about what is important AND about what really matters most so I thought I'd pass it along...

"...here we are, sometimes living our days as if we have a never-ending supply of them, often tied up in things that seem so important, but will be forgotten so soon, wasting precious moments and God-given energy on things which have no eternal significance.
Do we realize how precious our time is,
or will it only become truly valuable when we know it is about to end? And what about those of us who will not have that foreknowledge but will leave mortality in an instant with absolutely no warning?


Because our days truly are numbered, we must make judgments about which things deserve our energy, for so many things continually call out to us for our time. How tempting it can be to follow the world and seek after counterfeit treasures that possess no lasting value. We must choose wisely so we need never look back with regret. We must cherish each moment, for one of the moments ahead will be our last.
"The story is told of a man who visited an art gallery and purchased an expensive painting. He took it home and searched for the perfect place to hang it. As hard as he tried, however, he could not find a spot that seemed just right. In frustration he returned the painting to the gallery, explaining that, although he loved it, he simply had no room for it in his home. Surprised, the curator looked him in the eye and gave him this wise advice: "If you really love this painting, this is what you must do: Go home. Take everything out of your house. Hang up the painting. Then put back into your house only the things that fit.
"Like this man, we must rid our lives of the things that matter least, making room for those which matter most.
As we do, we will discover peace-filled moments of quiet communion with the Holy Ghost and forge a true and genuine friendship with him."


Enough said... gives us all something to think about doesn't it.
-----------------------------------
SO I haven't done a giveaway for a long time so since its my 300th post and since blog land is kind of boring right now cause its summer and we all have real life fun things to do....
and because I have felt spoiled a bit over the generosity of so many in the past month I want to do something so...
its some of my favorite things here is a little sneak peek the rest in the bag will be the surprise but it will be good I promise, well at least to me since its my favorite things giveaway
{I'm not Oprah so there ain't no fridge, car or ipod in there ha ha.. j/k..what if that would ge fun though.}
Anyway I'll leave it a week till August 10th next me thinks!

SO Let me know what some of your favorite things are right now...be it products or things to do with the kids or books or a fun back to school tradition ....or whatever .....
Have a great week...

38 comments:

Amelia said...

SWEET! So I'll be the first. Hahaha Right now {when I can steal precious seconds} I'm reading a series called "Out of Jerusalem". SO GOOD! So for all you Twilighter's who need a break before you read it again. haha Try This. ;0)

The Spencers said...

Cool, I'll be the second!! My favorite thing right now is playing with the kids outside. Love, love, love it when it's nice and DJ and I can just sit down and watch the girls cruise on their bikes. Or play in the backyard and let DJ play in the pool while the girls run around and have fun! Not to exciting but that's what I've enjoyed lately!

Holly said...

I have so many faves all the time, right now, I'm loving the smell of fresh crayons, the thought of fall... cinnamon, changing colors, and finding Halloween costumes for the kids. I love the hot summer days, but it's getting cool at night! I love that Brooklyn is learning to bare her testimony spontaneously, and Braxton is starting to use more and more words! Fun! I love blogging and you! Sorry, I get out of control, I just LOVE too many things! :) NOw I'm going to have a great day, because I'm feeling so grateful now! Thanks Christal!!

~Diana~ said...

I love spending time with my husband. It doesn't matter what we are doing. I just like to be together.

CASSIE said...

Lately: I like going for walks after it rains with my dog. I like baking really early in the morning with my hubby. I work at Staples and I love the "smell" of brand new school supplies... lol. I like getting catch up emails from my family members. And lastly, I love that sometimes my prayers are answered through the works of friends around me :) Thanks for the great giveaway opportunity! xox

Skye said...

I love SUMMER! Especially when the sun is shining, and the wind is no where to be found. I love having my Husband home to help out and play with the kids,and i love the water, swimming, watersliding, boating, anything really!

Anonymous said...

I love being uplifted by reading great blogs (yours included, of course). I love the moments of pure happiness when I take the time to get on Makenna's level and we just totally connect and create an amazing memory together. I love summer and the 'lazy days' that can only come with hot weather, sandals and a swimming suit -- I'm hoping they last a little longer! And of course, I LOVE a good book! (Did I mention I love Bath and Body Works??!) Have a super day!

Christi said...

Well this summer has been really crazy, with Merrill being in Red Deer. So I would have to say that "camping" out in an apartment has been my favorite thing to do this summer, it's been fun trying out a new city when we come and visit Daddy.

Suz said...

i love CHOCOLATE!

Amy said...

I hope you can get back to the running you want to do. Brett, my 4th, threw me for a loop, it took me a long time to feel in control of my life again. I hope the adjustment goes quickly for you!
Kay, hmm, my favorite things; your blog and spiritual thoughts found on it, your playlist usually, time with my hubby and kids, camping, roller coasters haha, chocolate, books, movies, o.k. I'll stop.
Congrats on the 300th post!

{Sarah} said...

Ok... my favorites include our new outdoor pool (and kids who know how to swim!), The smell of fresh cut grass, the anticipation of harvest (although when the long hours hit I might not like it), the lake, family time, burts bee's products, good books, thunderstorms.... ok I will stop now, even though I could keep going!

Lynn said...

YAY!!! Congrats on getting started on a space for your Food storage! THAT'S what I love! Seeing people do what they can to be prepared. I know. I am weird....but ever since I got my calling on being the prepared specialist (LOL...never was a specialist at it), I get SOoooo excited for other people who are doing whatever they can in that department. I think I have become THAT lady who is a nutcase over it. ; )

I also love the smell of newborns, after rain, fresh laundry and freshly cleaned bathrooms.

I love painted toe nails, walks or runs with my husband in the cool breeze or even the rain. I love conversation and laughter with my kids....it's infectious......last night's conversation over Colby being stopped by the cops was a perfect example of that. LOL!

JANEAL said...

Wow 300 posts...way to go! Right now I'm loving all the vegetables from my garden.

Martins said...

congrats on your 300th post, you have one of the best blogs out there. Keep it up :)

I love spending time with my beautiful angel girl and husband in the great sunny weather. Also spending the summer with all my extended family. What a great time of year.

Shelley said...

#300 - wow!! My fave things right now are my new JOE PJs, reading your blog (of course), having bonfires with the fam and watching meteor showers - all while wearing my new PJs.

I love that painting story - I should do that...

Tyler and Kristin Smith said...

What the 300?!
That's ridiculously awesome.
Your blog is my favorite - how about that. Extra kiss up points?!?
No really though, it's one of my fav's!
I loved this post.
I think I just love everything, so how about that?!

Nikki said...

What I love right now? Hmm, being at home and able to stick to my normal routine. When we go away my routine gets so messed up and it drives me up the wall. I'm also loving grapes, my iPod Touch, John and the boys and the new bracelet that my aunt made and gave to me because I made a comment that I love it.

kyleandtaryn said...

Way to go 300! Some of my favorite things? Good music, good books, date nights with Kyle, kisses from my little girl...there's lots more, but I'll leave it at that!! Hope you are adjusting well with the new little one who is SO cute by the way.

Tisha said...

Lately, my aboslute favorite thing has been the peace the Gospel brings. Its so wonderful to be able to kneel and ask Heavenly Father for that extra support whenever you need it!

Jill said...

How fun. I love giveaways. I HOPE I win. Those things are so cute and that bag is adorable. You know I LOVE bags!!! Anyways, right now I am loving the summer sun, the music you have playing (Lady Antebellum), love just enjoying my boys and life!!!! I LOVE your blog and your enthusiasm too :) Thanks!!!

Betsy said...

Congratulations, Christal on 300 posts!! Your blog always inspires me. I just love it!

Let's see...favorite things...fresh fruits and vegetables that are so good in the summer, hanging out by the pool, spending time with friends that I don't get to see as much during the school year, and watching my kids grow up into wonderful people!

LindsayB said...

well, 300 posts. i went and looked at my blog. last week i did my 200th post and didn't even know it, and it took me 3 and a half years to get there. i'm glad i creeped around to find your blog. your biweekely posts are pretty much the best thing in blog world. now about these favorite things. i just love packing, we're packing and it's just so my fav thing right now. tie that in with a chilly rainy day in august with the kids, can we say FAVORITE?! this is me trying to be postive. and i spy what the lip gloss is and I WANT IT!

ehjenn said...

SLEEP!!! I am loving the sleep between feedings. I also love my babe, I love that she is ok and that I listened to the spirit. i love the angel monitor that helps me sleep. I love that I have a wonderful Relief Society President who really went above and beyond. I LOVE all the wonderful women and friends who care. I love your blog. I love how excited my kids are about their sister. I love their Daddy. I AM CHEEESY!!!
300 blogs. How do you do it. You are an amazing woman. Congrats beautiful!

Becca said...

Hey! I am loving taking my kids to the new pool everyday and going camping! That's some of our favorites this summer.

Anonymous said...

So glad I got caught up on the blogs, and found this post!! yeah!! i love all sorts of things about right now. loved camping last week for the most part. love spending time with family. which i had a good book. anything good and smelly. warm nights, sunsets, you name it anything with sun in it!!!

Judy said...

As I posted on a blog I love the 3 in 1 washer and dryer sheets! Seem to make my life a little easier right now. But my very favorite product ever manufactured is the motions sickness patch. Last week they decided to put one on my mom and she has only thrown up once this whole week!!!!!! Whoooo Hooooo for the patch :))) I am one happy girl... It would be a blast to win your give away! :}

Mandy said...

My favorite things are raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens...whoops that's the song that's stuck in my head now.
My favorite things are Tanner's laugh, Matt's smile, the smell of home made fresh bread, drinking hot chocolate on a cool August afternoon, fresh cut grass, my seminary scriptures, and a nice warm bed.

The Lowry's said...

Oh, I could list so many favorite things right now, but they all seem to come with summer, so I will just say summer and the warm weather and leave it at that. You know how much I LOVE your blog and your posts, the way the write and can express your thoughts, feelings etc. Never stop. Can't wait to find out who wins such a fun giveaway!

Emily, Cody and Ali said...

I love babies right now. My baby, your baby, the babies on my block, the babies in our ward. Babies are perfect- thats why I love them.

Anonymous said...

Children's Nyquil. Lots of it. My family comes to visit all the way from AZ and they all catch colds from the lousy weather.

whitney said...

My favorite thing is you. Does that earn me a few extra entries? Well even if it doesn't I still like ya!
Um, a few of my favorites... Love all the quotes you find.
Anyting that smells like Vanilla or Cinnamon.
A good book a friend recommends - I am aweful at finding good books on my own.
I also like White Choc Brownies, hint hint!
Bath and Body Works shower gel.
My yoga shorts from Lululemon and Superstore - I have lived in them this summer.
I used to think I loved polka dots utnil I met you... now I realize compared to your relationship with pd's I am merely an acquantance with them.

Jodi Pilling said...

Loved this post Christal!

I love freshly bathes kids...they smell SO good.

I love the smell of fresh cut grass

I love doing new activities with my kids, like climb Bears Hump and bike the Hiawatha Trail in Montana

Have a GREAT day!

Susie said...

wowee 300 that's awesome. Whenever I take the time to read your blog I leave a little more inspired and wanting to be a better person. You are amazing.

Jennie said...

Wow Christal, 300 entries; you are dedicated!
Right now I love finding things to decorate our house,
I love getting one more thing done on the house as well, yes it is still in construction...,
I love new little babies,
AND I love life!

lauralquinton said...

well, since I was the inspiree for the giveaway, I should at least get my vote in here. lol. My favorite thing right now is the sun. And since we haven't seen the sun for a week I'm going through some serious withdrawls. I also love back to school shopping for school supplies. My favorite thing to buy? Pens. LOL. with blue ink. School supplies is high on my list of favorites. Right after Christmas and Halloween. LOL. ttys!! L

Baumgartners said...

I love reading your blog - and I don't think I've mentioned it yet, but congrats on your new little one! I am so excited for you and your family. He looks like such a cutie.
The other thing I love right now - coupons! I have learned how to use them and they have seriously saved my family hundreds of dollars on our grocery bill each month.
Aside from that, I love anytime my husband can take time off work and we can be with him!

dawn said...

I LOVE Adoption! I love reading your stories about it! I've adopted one and we're working on the paper work for our second. It is such a blessing for people like me who wouldn't have a family any other way.

Alana said...

I love fans as I am always so hot this summer. I love chocolate but who doesn't