Friday, August 14, 2009

{Thankful thursday..a day late here's why...}

What more than to be thankful for time away as a family and with family{ my brothers fam went with us too with their four kids so that made 8 kids under 7 um yeah what were we thinking lol.
Even if it was short. It was fun.
You know not without the basic few whinings and crabbies, a few kid fights, some choppy weather for skiing but overall good times.
Can you believe how fast summer is flying by! Not very good weather either, oh well we make the best of it cause what can we do about it eh!
I'm thankful for friends especially this week some of our friends "made" us take their truck and trailer and I have to admit it was nice especially with a baby and easy clean up!
My kids did miss sleeping in a tent this time though but they'll get the chance soon.
I'm thankful to my in laws to for letting us take the boat!
-------------------
I am so so thankful for a certain little girl of mine that will be 5 tomorrow so hard to believe five years have gone by she is a riot a sassy frassy little misses!! She starts kindergarten soon and I honestly can't believe that my little baby girl is that old!!
She came feisty and she still is {she has to be with all the boys around here eh!}
We can't imagine life without her here are a few things that are so L::
  • she makes us laugh
  • she likes food everything just about except tomatoes and lettuce hates them
  • she loves the water
  • she hates to clean up her toys
  • she loves playing with all her girl cousins
  • she did an awesome job on her first primary talk last week!
  • she loves tubing and being in the boat
  • she likes to build forts and play with her brothers most of the time
  • she hates getting her hair done everyday and hates to have it taken out! What little girl doesn't right!
  • She loves to tell me I'm mean everyday but then says your the best mom ever.. hum I'll take the second because you already know about the first right!
  • she loves to say I can't or I don't know how{we are working on it}
  • she is still sad sometimes she doesn't have a sister and says she's just going to pray one here
  • she rolls her eyes at people if she doesn't know them and they talk to her or she says ---mom---all nervous like--
  • she hates compliments about how cute she is not sure why {although one day she told me she hates being pretty cause people always tell her that ha ha wish we all had that problem eh must suck.... I laughed and she got mad}
  • she can't wait to read but won't learn anything from me kolten yes not me though
  • she is sensitive if she thinks people are laughing at her or at something she did that was just funny she gets embarrassed
  • she loves her dolls
  • she loves pjs and would wear them everyday all day long if I let her!
  • and she loves to play princess, house or mommy
  • she loves to have story time
  • she loves ballet, gymnastics and school!
  • and We Love HER!!!! Happy Birthday Babe!

The family. We were a strange little band of characters trudging through life sharing diseases and toothpaste, coveting one another's desserts, hiding shampoo, borrowing money, locking each other out of our rooms, inflicting pain and kissing to heal it in the same instant, loving, laughing, defending, and trying to figure out the common thread that bound us all together.
~Erma Bombeck

Have a perfect weekend!!
Make a sunny day, brighter and rainy day, warmer whatever comes your way!

12 comments:

CASSIE said...

Cute post! :)
FYI: *Two little birdies will be "secretly" stopping by this weekend, and will be leaving a little something for you and yours! :)
Have a great evening.

Lynn said...

Oh my! I LOVE your three day camp face! You look like your K's older sister (like 12 yrs. old!) : D

Looks like you had FANTASTIC family fun! Camping in a trailer......what could be better than that, eh?

That breakfast looks yummy!

HAppy Birthday to little L!!! I love that tribute you gave her. She is SOooo adorable and sweetly funny.

whitney said...

Looks like such a fun weekend with family.
Did the cake work out with the cherries?
Happy Birthday Lauren!
I love that she knows me good enough now to only give me the occasional eye roll.

Anonymous said...

Fun week with the family.
L never complained when I did her hair. I know, it's my big hands that make all the difference!!! HAHA!!! I still laugh at that every now and then, that and the skim milk comment. did you write she is HILARIOUS!!! Happy birthday L!!

(oh she told me the other day she didn't like having brothers, but she loves K2, thought that was funny)

Betsy said...

Awwww...such good family times! I LOVE the quote by Erma Bombeck. She is one of my all time favorites.

Happy Birthday to sweet Lauren. I love the first picture of her...so cute and sassy!!!

I can't believe the summer is already coming to an end. Hope you have a wonderful weekend!!!

Amy said...

What a fun trip, wow generous friends to lend their truck and trailer. I'm sure it made things easier.
So awesome that you recorded all of Lauren's little personality traits. Happy Birthday L!

Jodi Pilling said...

Looks like you has so much fun! Nice to see a picture of your brother, he hasn't changed a bit. Hey my Tyson has a b-day the same day. How fun time gies by so fast doesn't it?

Amelia said...

Looks like a ton of Fun! Hi MARK!! hahaha Oh and ya Happy Birthday Miss. Lauren! 5 yippee!

JANEAL said...

What a fun camping trip. What nice friends you have to make you use their trailer. That's so funny that Lauren said she hates being pretty...that would be a nice problem to have! I hope she has a great birthday. She is such a cutie!

Judy said...

Happy Birthday Little L! So cute! Loved reading about her. I love the Erma thought. So cute. My kids loved to go camping when they were little. We have so many great memories. You guys are so blessed! Love ya

Alison said...

Love family camp outs! So fun! Looks like you had a great time. And happy birthday L! Kyler's b-day was yesterday. Fun to have summer birthdays! I love the list of things about her - you're such a cute mom. And little K2 is so adorable! Love the Erma Bombeck quote. Aren't families the BEST?!! Happy end of summer to you!

Unknown said...

Cant believe your baby girl will be FIVE! Have I been reading your blog that long?!

Sound like a wonderful time away!