Wednesday, August 26, 2009

{if I were to .....}

.....have a house of my Dreams it might include a few of these things....
pics from here and there and pretty much everywhere....
and continue being happy and content right where I am NOW:)
"As you create a home, don't get distracted with a lot of things that have no meaning for you or your family. Don't dwell on your failures, but think about your successes. Have joy in your home. Have joy in your children. Have joy in your husband. Be grateful for the journey."-Marjorie Pay Hinkley
--------------
Here are Five simple rules to be happy:
1. Free your heart from hatred.
2. Free your mind from worries.
3. Live simply.
4. Give more.
5. Expect less.
what are your dreams??

15 comments:

LindsayB said...

ok, that pretty much sums up my dream house too. oh to have that white kitchen and the porch, it pretty much looks like bliss! but the quotes are true! and AS IF you took your 4 children camping with the the newbie! you are too good.

Nikki said...

You always have the best posts:) Thanks for the reminder about what matters the most!

Alison said...

Love this post once again! Love your blog! Love your cute family. Looks like you had a wonderful time together in the great outdoors. There is nothing better is there?!

Carrie said...

It's true - sure is fun to dream about things...but we're lucky to know what matters more in life. I love your 5 steps to be happy. I've got to work on #2, thanks for the sweet reminder :)

Amy said...

Yep, we could have matching houses with dormer windows and porches, perfect.

Amanda said...

Thank you so much for this...I was JUST TODAY looking at model homes and thinking what I could do to my home to make it look better, but I need to realize what I have is what we need and the important things are already here.

Anonymous said...

I dream of our own home frequently. but not enough I guess to plunge into anything. I love that quote from sister hinckley one of my favorites. she is my favorite. fun pictures.

Judy said...

To be cancer free!!!! What a dream huh? and to be a grandma! I love the pics. But especially love the quote. (did K2 get his surprise)

Tyler and Kristin Smith said...

I'll be honest - I want that house. Yet, I'm happy with what I've got right now. I'm pretty sure I have the best life ever.
P.S. I love the mudroom. Love love it!

Jodi Pilling said...

Thank you for the reminder! I often think about what I could change or renovate to update my house, but have to take a step back and realize what is important and it isn't things...but you can always dream.

Lynn said...

I am with Judy. I dream of having grandkids. : ) Hopefully someday. Did you check out Cassie's recent blog post. I am so happy that she is now in a place where she can accept it and be happy with what she has.....hmmm....just like this post of yours.

Now I must do the same thing. Stop dreaming of a new job for Dean, having grandkids.....and just accept life and be happy for today. Be happy with what I have.

Love your posts!
P.S. Dreaming of an organized mud room still is fun though. Heck.... just dreaming of a mud room period! Okay Okay. Maybe I need to work on NO. 5 a bit more. LOL!

Holly said...

FUN Pics! It's fun to dream! I could day dream about that stuff all day lately! ;) LOVE the wrap around porch too!

My dream is to have more children. I want to make a difference in this big world. I dream of traveling, building orphanges, and growing old with my sweet ♥!

Sharalee said...

Where is that bedroom bedding set from?!

The Lowry's said...

Thanks for posting the pics of the mudroom. We need to build some shelves etc in ours and the idea on the pics looks perfect. Thanks. My dream right now would be to go on a vacation with just my hubby. I would miss the kids like crazy, but the time with just the two of us would be so nice right now.

DJ said...

My dream is to get back in to my own house--IT is my dream house....for now. I love the list of five things. I think of that list often and try to live it! The pix of dream rooms in a dream home are beautiful! But being happy and living reasonably for us is more important than achieving exactly what we want long before we deserve it!
Great post Chris! I need to get over and bring you that book and a few other things soon. Hoping you won't be too busy tomorrow and I'll be able to stop by.
Talk to you soon. Love ya. DJ