Thursday, August 20, 2009

{ Thankful Thursday.....}

I am so thankful the princess friend party is finito... an hour and half with five girls, 2 boys {mine} some bracelet making, cupcake cones and corn dog eating, pinata loving princesses later.... we survived and I'm pretty sure they all had fun!
I am so so thankful for the big help K is to me most all the time but especially today and to his sister and her friends he was so nice to them all and helped them make there bracelets and entertained them by playing puppy tag with them...what more could I ask for!!
my baby is growing up........pretty sure he had fun too though lol!!
-------------------------------
here are some pics from our family gathering the other night with my bro and his in laws...I'm so thankful for my brothers and sisters {missing 2 in these pics but love them all and am thankful for the example and love they each bring to our family...}
....so this was my first haircut and color of the weekend..which I liked for a day {love the highlight job} but not so much the cut for me..... you know how it looks great when they do it in the salon....... then you try to do it the next day and it doesn't look so much the same way as they can do it anyway ...
yeah I just think once a backcombing, hair teasing, hair spraying freak always a freak.....I just can't stand it when my hair moves or is near my face like so....{excuse my laughing face...ugg}
...As you can tell we are always laughing pretty much when we are all together....
-------------------------------------
so Monday I went back and went even shorter on the 'do.... but I love it so much more...a nice change for now I'm sure it will be back up soon enough but for now yeah.. it works and feels so much better.....
......next up is my little tribe and the little one behind the camera sure love them... so thankful for each one {even though I feel a little claustrophobic sometimes when trying to feed Karsen and keep him from getting squashed by his {{{ loving}}} brothers and sister!!!
Fun times all of it they are such great little helpers and love K2 and each other so much and I am so very thankful for that.....
so there it is ..... for today lol!!
---------------------------------
so thankful for milestones every little one is so exciting for all my kids no matter what stage of life!! But for K2 yesterday he smiled for reals for us and it was the best thing ever......................... I just love this little man!!! So thankful for him in our lives!!!

There. he. goes.head. held. high.and.roll ...roll ....roll .....baby


---------------------
If we fill our hours with regrets over the failures of yesterday, and with worries over the problems of tomorrow, we have no today in which to be thankful
------------------------
-----------------------
HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND!!!

13 comments:

Judy said...

You are the best! Love the haircut. and I miss the princess parties!

Alison said...

Love those ice cream cone cupcakes! So cute. And LOVE your hair! You are such a darling mom. Cute pictures. Happy weekend to your cute family!

Amy said...

I thought your laughing face was cute, along with your hair before AND after!

Nikki said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the haircut. I want one:) Ha ha. Seriously, though, it looks so good!

Martins said...

I cannot believe your little man is rolling already ! That is amazing !!! SO fun when they start doing new things every day :). Great hair cut too, you are a very cute mom !

Lynn said...

I saw your first haircut on your sister's blog. When she mentioned it, I had to go look. lol. ; ) I thought it was SO cute and suited you!!

And then you show us the second cut. WOW! Hot mamma. I use to have my hair cut at that angel a year ago. I started missing it and then I remembered my pain with it. IT's a lot of hard work for a VERY curly haired girl. You are SO lucky to have the hair you do. Love it!!! Truly!

K2 is rolling over already?? YIKES! Time sure whips by fast. So fast!

Loved the pic of K taking a swing at the princess castle pinata. LOL!!!!!! Great photo. Truly a boy.

Anonymous said...

cute birthday, your hair is great also. you went super blonde. i think your blonder than me now. sometimes i would love to try darker, but my hubby may actually leave me if i did that. he digs the blonde hair. also my father would disown me too. so those two reasons alone are enough to keep it mostly blonde. have a fun weekend. em's is grouchy beyond grouchy..really so going anywhere would be the worst decison i ever made if i would like to stay sane. what k2 is rolling. how old is he?!?!? cute!

Holly said...

CUTE hair!!! AHHH! Makes me want to go short! I like both cuts too, but the 2nd is more you! :) Cute kids! ALL 4 of them! (that's so fun to say)! Happy Birthday to L. Cute cupcakes, Brooklyn is so into the princesses right now too! And I love that your family is so close, reminds me of mine. Nothing better than family right?! Have a great weekend! You are the best!

Jackie S. said...

SUPER cute hair, it REALLY tempts me to chop mine. I love the picture of you and the kids and the look you are getting from your sweet little one. :)

Mindi said...

Love the hair!!

Tiffany said...

Super cute hair girl...now you are going to have to tell me who your hair dresser is..CUTE CUTE.

Tiffany said...

Super cute hair girl...now you are going to have to tell me who your hair dresser is..CUTE CUTE.

The Lowry's said...

Wow, your little guy is growing up so fast! Had my first friend birthday party for Jaycie a couple of weeks ago. Definitely was a learning experience, but tons of fun too.