Saturday, November 13, 2010

{Day 8...}

Day 8-A place you've traveled to
Well you all know I've been to Germany, the Bahamas and PEI .....
But maybe a lot of you don't know that in Jan 07 to March 07 we drove all the way to Florida through so many states and stayed in some great places {all on company pay the best way to travel free food gas and hotels!!} D was going for manager training to see how other church ranches run.
With our three kids ages 8 month old, 3 year old and 5 year old, in a burb with everything we were going to use for three months. 
We lived there and experienced some heat, living in a bug infested 2 bedroom shanty, experienced the grossest yellowest sulphuric smelling water ever!! We learned what its like to live on a church ranch and probably the best ward I've ever been in. 
We met some awesome people spent time with just us on weekends we went to COCOA Beach, Kennedy space center, Disney world and sea world{my parents flew down and came with us to both }So fun!
Fresh oranges from the trees, spiders and cockroaches as big as your hand, lizards everywhere, awesome thunderstorms sometimes daily, 
We also got to drove around to different scenery places, saw many alligators went on an air boat ride, Wednesdays we went to a friends for snacks and all the kids played and we did a craft or just talked. I learned by example the pain to watch someone dying who had to small kids and a great husband, she passed away in '09 from almost every cancer there is she was a fighter!
I also learned that as much as I was thought I was missing out at at home I didn't really miss anything life goes on...
My kids still have great memories of Florida even at a young age.
I think my favorite thing about the time away was the trip down and seeing all the states I've always heard about watching the weather get warmer as we continued on towards Florida {which took five days there and four back}, and on the way home to see among so many other states Alabama, Mississippi  and the after effects of hurricane Katrina absolute devastation. I love being with just our family during that time finding things to do and learning new things about myself {like that I love traveling among so many other things!}
It was a great time even though sometimes I didn't see it that way while being there.
But it is definitely a place we traveled to.....
loved it!

3 comments:

Kimberly said...

It's crazy to think that we were neighbors that whole time, but didn't actually meet till you were back in Raymond! Any time you want to come back, we'll be here!

M said...

Wow, sounds like quite a trip.

Just wondering, if you get a chance can you maybe do a post about Church ranches? Until I started reading your blog I didnt even know the Church HAD ranches.

Katelyn said...

Okay that water was Nasty! and I forgot how cute of a baby face Masen had. I love seeing him with some chub. I'm glad you guys had this experience. How neat!