Thursday, November 25, 2010

{Thankful Thursday...}

Happy Thanksgiving To all ...{{who it applies too;)}}
So crazy around here the last little while..... the challenge was so fun to do.... but its nice to get caught up too! With the freezing cold, blizzarding weather, sick me, no school today or tomorrow for the olders because a pipe broke in the school and there's no heat.
..anyway never a dull moment... 
we got our decorating done for Christmas, most of my Christmas shopping was done online so much less stress! and no temptation looking at a hundred other things along the way and no lines bonus!! Still lots of other things to get done but its a nice feeling to be almost done!
We've decorated our trees love it! This year with my upstairs tree I added some aqua and I love it! The best part I used some old decorations and spray adhesived {elmers} them and glittered them to death! The subway art I downloaded from here and based most of my living room around it...
 .....and the kids tree we did monday night.....
K2 was so dang cute and wanted to put decorations on too he was so fun he watched the kids do it for a few minutes then picked up his and dad helped him put it on so fun when they start "getting" it... 
I love Christmas!!!
---------------------------------------
Recipe 
I made Broccoli Cheese Soup and Bread Bowls they turned out so good! and Everybody loved them and the best part.... so easy...
{and D will hate that I put his picture on here because when I took the picture he says "I don't need 300 hundred people knowing what I ate for dinner.... lol" ha ha}
Italian Bread Bowls 

Ingredients 

2 (.25 ounce) packages active dry yeast

  • 2 1/2 cups warm water (110 degrees F/45 degrees C)
  • 2 teaspoons salt
  • 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
  • 7 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 tablespoon cornmeal
  • 1 egg white
  • 1 tablespoon water 
Directions
    1. In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Let stand until creamy, about 10 minutes.{I added a little sugar to help it proof}
    2. Add salt, oil and 4 cups flour to the yeast mixture; beat well. Stir in the remaining flour, 1/2 cup at a time, beating well with an electric mixer at medium speed after each addition.
    3. When the dough has pulled together, turn it out onto a lightly floured surface and knead until smooth and elastic, about 6 minutes. Lightly oil a large bowl, place the dough in the bowl and turn to coat with oil. Cover with a damp cloth and let rise in a warm place until doubled in volume, about 40 minutes.
    4. Punch dough down, and divide into 8 equal portions {I just did 5 and it worked fine cooked them for about 5 minutes longer.} Shape each portion into a 4 inch round loaf. Place loaves on lightly greased baking sheets sprinkled with cornmeal. Cover and let rise in a warm place, free from drafts, until doubled in bulk, about 35 minutes.
    5. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). In a small bowl, beat together egg white and 1 tablespoon water; lightly brush the loaves with half of this egg wash.
    6. Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes. Brush with remaining egg mixture, and bake 10 to 15 more minutes or until golden. Cool on wire racks.
    To make bowls: Cut a 1/2 inch thick slice from top of each loaf; scoop out centers, leaving 3/4-inch-thick shells. Fill bread bowls with hot soup and serve immediately. 
    -----------------------------------------------
    Next...
    So thankful for a warm house
    for good kids
    for music
    for the Gospel 
    for you who read my little blog 
    and your kind comments, advice and direction
    for GIVEAWAYS 
    in the last 2 weeks I've won
    A PHOTO SHOOT for my little sister and her husband
    and this sweet little preemie babe

    they just got her home after almost three months in the hospital
    some glass magnets from a sweet girl in Rexburg
    A tote bag from tangled and true
    and some double sided tape from the House of Smith... love her blog!
    So good luck comes in streaks I guess! Fun to win sometimes...Most excited for my little sister and her little family!!!
    Thankful for my families....
    for friends and good times....
    -------------------------
    and for those in our fam who wanted our grown up Christmas wish list here it is the big and little for all for some and whatever.....

    we need a good popcorn popper bought two no name brand type ones and they both starting smoking so we took them back....
    .... kids love games or movies anything toy story or princess or harry potter in K's case or books and games
     a manual hand wheat grinder
     we love good old and new, clean  movies

     I personally would love this cookbook anybody have it is it worth it??

    ....we are caving and getting the kids a wii for Christmas a rewards wii cause its not going to be used anytime they feel like it but I heard mariokart was good??
     liz lemon swindle calendar
    shelf reliance thingy's for our cans

     


    george foreman family grill 
     car dvd player 

    some clinque happy lotion for mio haha 

    anything camping for D 
    gift certificate for i tunes or 
    behind the door or elsewhere whatever
     
    we are just excited for Christmas and the feel of it all and all the family fun!!! But you asked so here it is!
    ----------------------------------------
    Appreciation {Gratitude} can make a day, even change a life. Your willingness to put it into words is all that is necessary.”
    Margaret Cousins
    Have a beautiful day warm, hot, cold whatever it is 
    Make the best of it!

    11 comments:

    Lynn said...

    Beautiful decorations!!!!! Love the color you added. And we have that little silver stick reindeer too. It's in our main bathroom on the counter. Gotta love Superstore, eh?

    Your kids' tree has the same theme as ours too. So much a like. HA ha.

    Thanks for the bread bowl recipe!!!!! They look awesome! Glad you are on the mend again. You were really sick there.

    And that is an amazing winning streak you have there! I guess that makes up for the sick stuff. HA ha.

    Kell Bell said...

    Oh I LOVE your Christmas decor! So adorable! That colour is spectacular and I love th glitter as well! I am dreaming of a white Christmas, one day we will get our butts over there for Christmas time. You are so stinking cute, it's not even funny! :) xx

    Katelyn said...

    I LOVE the aqua addition. Great idea to glitter old balls-so frugal! K2 is so cute putting the ornaments up. Thank you for the list and just a great post! Love ya.

    Anonymous said...

    School at RES is not canceled on Friday. The heater is working and everything is good for tomorrow.

    Christal said...

    Thanks to the anon person good to know! Hallelujah j/k! Its hard to entertain them when they have so much energy I sent them outside for 2 hours today they loved it!!!

    DJ said...

    thank you! now I have some sort of an idea of what to get you guys. love the list. love the post. love you!

    whitney said...

    I have the cookbook, got it last year for Christmas. I like quite a few recipes in it. But you are welcome to borrow mine and photo copy anything from it if you don't get it for Christmas.

    Betsy said...

    I love your blue decorations! So pretty. I have the Pioneer Woman cookbook and really like it. Everything I have ever made of hers is delicious! And, thank you for the bread bowl recipe. I actually had broccoli cheese soup on my menu this week too! :)

    Karen said...

    So you're caving huh?! Well you'll probably have days when you say "what were we thinking..." but for the most part as long as you stick to your guns about limiting the time on gaming you'll be just fine! And I totally get the impression from reading your blog that you're a woman who can do that! (that's a good thing!)
    speaking from experience anything Mario/DonkeyKong is a lot of fun, especially the multiplayer stuff. My big and little kids are totally entertained by it and as bad as I am at video games, I have had some fun with those games too!
    I just have to say that their is nothing like the wii to motivate my little kids to get their friday chores done ( a little bribery never hurts does it??!) GOOD LUCK!

    Kristyn said...

    CUTE decorations. I have some things I am going to glitter too. I just need to get the glitter. Hopefully soon.
    The cook book looks great. Best Bites is coming out with one in the new year and I can't wait to get that one.
    I am going to try those soup bowls soon. they look so good!
    Hope you had a good week. I am just trying to get caught up. Love ya!

    Kristyn said...

    Oh and Indy (i hope that is right) is adorable!!! So glad she is home.

    way to go on the giveaways. that is so fun!