The weeks are flying by its almost April that's crazy! This week has been so long!! D was away and I am so Thankful he is back its just a relief that he's close again I always worry when he's flying or driving long distances anyway he got safely home last night he was in SLC for meetings. I'm so thankful he works for such a great company ,surrounded by good people, and loves his job. ARI is owned by The church you probably have no idea how much land and cattle and food farms the Church owns and runs. I never did until D started working here. We are watched over as a whole in the church. There is a large reserve out there, the Lord knows the bigger picture and obviously its all for a reason. I've gotten so many emails lately about the cost of flour and food going up it makes you think and do. We have been told to get a food storage for years and years I kind of feel the push to get more and get it built up. ANYWAY.....Yesterday Kolten wanted to go spend some money he got and he wanted to buy a kite really bad so we went to the store and he found the kite he wanted and came out of the store and showed L & M what he got for all of them it was the sweetest thing ever he was like "look what I got for us its going to be so fun" and Masen goes " woooow" it was so cute and funny. Kolt had got them so excited too. I'm just so thankful for my kids and the excitement for life that they have over the simplest things. Kolt woke up and said mom is it windy today? Usually its like yuck its windy but today he wants it to be windy so we can run and fly the kite. To be a kid again eh!!
I'm so thankful for M and his zest for life he keeps me running and is so so busy but he learned how to say "I lovvbbe uoo 2" this past week and its so dang cute and he says it especially when he knows he shouldn't be doing something. He is the most curious, cutest little boy who loves everything but most of all I know he loves me. Maybe when he's three he'll slow down maybe.
I'm thankful for opportunities to learn and grow from other people I go to parent preschool once a week with Lauren and Mase. I just love some of the girls that go and hearing others stories and life experiences really makes me appreciate all I have and the things I have to go through. Some people go through so much! I'm thankful for such an awesome husband, we really get along so well, all of us -- I love our little family some of our best times together are just being silly watching our kids grow, laugh and play together or singing silly songs on the way home from grandma's. It's fun and its what life is all about a family that plays together, prays together, -stays together even if there are a few rough patches along the way hopefully its those fun times and the things they've been taught and been through that glue us all together and keeps us strong and I'm so thankful for that!
---------------------------------------------------------------
I'm thankful for wholesome magazine with great articles: Just wanted to share this article with you all its a great reminder::
In the LDS living magazine there was an article on "Keeping the magic alive in Marriage" It made me think and I loved what the article said- so here is some of it
"The couple that plays together keeps their marriage vibrant and alive and growing. Think about it. What will you do when the kids are gone? What will you talk about? What will you do together?
President Kimball counselled " many couples permit their marriages to become stale and their love to grow cold like old bread or worn out jokes or cold gravy.... These people will do well to reevaluate, to renew their courting, to express their affection to acknowledge kindnesses, and to increase their consideration so their marriage again can become beautiful, sweet, and growing."
So then it had some fun date ideas that don't cost money cause dates can BE FREE:
1. go on a walk in the park or on the beach and hold hands and talk.
2. Take a blanket to the mountains or where ever and look at the stars {your backyard after the kids are sleeping}
3.Go to Costco and eat the free samples and then watch a DVD on your laptop in your car facing the sunset.
4. Go on a bike ride.
5. Take a free class offered int he community together.
6. Walk through a crowded area and make up stories about other people's lives. Be creative! Be funny!
7. Go skating, surfing, swimming, hiking,backpacking or whatever sport you like. Together.
8. Go to the cemetery and look at the cool headstones or go to the airport an watch planes land.
It is a constant challenge to keep ourselves growing and improving. We spend so much time helping everyone else in our lives in their growing and improving that we sometimes put ourselves at the bottom of the to-do list.
{So take some time for you and him!!}
Anyway thats a lot but I really liked the article and just wanted to share it with you all! Have a great day. MAKE IT A GOOD ONE!!


2 comments:
Ooooo! That is SO good! Thanks for the Awesome reminder. No matter what, first and then last, in the end it will just be the two "of us". We should always do what we can to nourish that.
BTW -- LOVE the photo of your hubby. He looks like he really knows what he is doing. I miss working for the church. I did for 4 years. There is nothing like it. What business out there in the world always starts their business meetings with a word of prayer or hymn to sing? What a great way to run a business. The world could take a few lessons on how the church businesses are run. I truly miss working with the spirit as strong as it was when I worked with the church.
Anyway.....Have an Awesome Weekend girl!
What fun ideas! I love the one about making up stories about strangers, we do that all the time!! Me 'n' the boys do it about cars driving too, so fun! When you drive as much as we do, you gotta get creative!
Post a Comment