Wednesday, February 25, 2009

{ FYI...}


---------------------
Giveaways everywhere...
for things like this beautiful Kitchen aid how pretty is this: and this

and then here for some more giveaways from...

for things like this

and this

------------------------

And a recipe that is so yummy

tastes just like reese {its so cold and snowy here comfort food is sounding good again for the fifth month in a row ha ha!! } So here ya go! Enjoy.

They are super easy and fast we used to make them with the special ed kids at Logan High to sell at lunch so easy to make! {sorry no pic with it!}

Almost Reese Squares

2 cups of crushed graham crackers

1 cup marg

4 1/2 cups powdered sugar

1 1/3 cups peanut butter

2 cups milk chocolate chips

Melt marg in a bowl until melted about 1 min , crush graham crackers and add the peanut butter and stir. Add the icing sugar and mix well. Press into a 9 by 13 pan. melt the chocolate chips in mic for about 2 min and stir, melt for another min repeat until chips are melted. Spread over the peanut butter mixture in the pan place in fridge to cool for 1/2 hour cut into squares.

-----------------------------------

So what are you making for dinner??? do you have some new recipes you've tried out lately??

I don't know about you but I get really bored of the same old?? So any new ideas??

Anyway have a great day!!

11 comments:

Camille said...

That recipe sounds delicious. If there was a way to make it sugar free, I would. (I'm on a quest not to eat sugar for 6 months.)

For dinner I am having leftover hamburger barley soup. I made it the other day, and, having never used barley in soup before, was quite delighted with the results. The recipe is on the back of the pearl barley bag I bought at the Merc.

Judy said...

Yum! I'm all for comfort food and I love peanut butter!

Anonymous said...

We're having Salsa Chicken -- It's one of my easiest dinner preps, and Mike loves it! (He would seriously eat it 5x per week if I made it that often!)

Let me know if you want the recipe!

Lynn said...

I'll be posting our supper tonight. It's really easy.
Thanks for your recipe!

And thanks for sharing the links. What amazing stories from both sides. IT always makes me think.

Amy said...

What do you mean "heartbreaking for the second time"? Has this family gone through a birth mother changing their mind before?

JANEAL said...

My heart breaks for that family. I can't even imagine having to give your baby back. Thanks for sharing the beautiful birth mother story. Adoption is so wonderful even though it is such an emotional roller coaster.

Christal said...

Amy yes they had a baby before aerie and after a few days the bm changed her mind so its the second time its happened my heart just breaks for them!

Kim said...

I love those "almost reese squares"...one of my favs. What a heart breaking story...I can't even begin to imagine. Adoption can be such a blessing...but of course there are endless roller coaster rides...difficult moments...extreme happiness....so many emotions that come with it. So so sad for that family.

The Lowry's said...

I have been trying tons of new recipes lately. I post our weekly meal plan on our blog so you can look at our last couple of weeks if you want. I don't actually post the recipes so if any of them sound good let me know and I can email them.
I was tired of the same old so it was out with the old and in with the new recipes. Thanks for the Reese one. I LOVE chocolate and peanut butter. Can't wait to try them.

whitney said...

I have a soup recipe for you. Crock pot and frozen chicken. So easy. And so nice since winter is back with a vengeance! I will try and find it and send it to you on facebook.
Sorry I didn't stick around to see the end of your production tonight. I really wanted your autograph too. Just jokes. You did good. Lots better than me making a mess of the cherry tarts!

Alison said...

Loved those two blog links! Oh my heart breaks for the first family. And the bm story brought me to tears. I'm so thankful for adoption and all the amazing birth mothers out there who make our dreams of having a family come true.

Can't wait to try the Reese recipe. Chocolate and peanut butter together is my favorite! So glad you shared!