What I've learned in the past week....
That sugar cookies are evil and for some reason keep calling my name
I've learned..... that the garbage disposal works great for the remaining ones that kept calling my name lol..
{the kids helped me make these so they don't look so martha but we had fun and they were so so good!!}
ME THINKS THIS WAS FUN TO PLAY AROUND WITH {especially after eating cookies..}
I've learned.....that I really miss my treadmill that is nicely tucked into a corner in the basement with plastic sheeting surrounding it gathering drywall dust just waiting to come out again {but I have to say they are working really fast on the basement its looking great!}......
I've learned that.... I'm really getting sick of snow and cold and ice and can't wait to go to the park with the kids or run with the wind {literally} and my i pod....
I've learned .... that it seems like there are a lot more adult content in children's movies like Madagascar 2 things like when they say at the end "Love knows no differences" {or something about boundaries} just before marrying the hippo and giraffe...
anybody else find something wrong with that??
I know the kids don't know the difference but it really bugged me..
I've learned that.... you don't bet your kids 5 bucks that dad will not buy a treat {cause your so sure he won't } when he goes in to pay for gas... then comes out with a treat ..
happy five buck richer kids yes...
I've learned that... sometimes your seven year old is right and sometimes teaches me something I didn't know.... Am I stupid?Or I just need to go back to grade one???
I've learned.. that no matter what you do you will not please everyone as hard as you try to make it work for all.
I've learned that... if there are dry wallers in your basement you don't raise your voice as much...
MAYBE we should all pretend somebody else lives in our house {say the saviour} all the time with us and that we should never yell or talk to loud anyway.. just a thought.. for myself.
Having been in primary over the last few year so often the words of this song run through my head :
Would I think of His commandments and try harder to be true?
Would I follow His example? Would I live more righteously,
If I could see the Savior standing nigh, watching over me?
If the Savior stood beside me, would I say the things I say?
Would my words be true and kind if He were never far away?
Would I try to share the gospel? Would I speak more reverently
If I could see the Savior standing nigh, watching over me?
If the Savior stood beside me, would my thoughts be clean and pure?
Would His presence give me strength and hope, and courage to endure?
Would His counsel guide my actions? Would I choose more worthily
If I could see the Savior standing nigh, watching over me?
He is always near me, though I do not see Him there
And because He loves me dearly, I am in His watchful care
So I'll be the kind of person that I know I'd like to be
If I could see the Savior standing nigh, watching over me.
-Sally DeFord
-------------------
I've learned... that just taking an hour every once in awhile to get your hair done is like a mini retreat! I love getting my head shampooed/massaged
{I know it seems like I just got my hair highlighted but my hairdresser is moving to Australia! I'm going to miss her!}
I've learned.. that life is full of learning experiences its what we do with them that matters.What are you learning from LIFE??


14 comments:
Eww Christal, the garbage LOL! Yes, sugar cookies are evil. My favorite are from "The Snack Factory". Oh, and the other eww in this post, your poor children following the urine children down the slide. Yuckidge.
Hope your sore throat goes away quickly.
I've heard it said that we should pretend the Savior is in our home, even better than dry wallers in the basement. I'll have to keep trying, more kids here me yell way too often.
Great post. I've learned that life is precious and you never know what will happen tomorrow, so cherish today. I love your blog. Fun to get to know you. You are awesome.
Aww..Angela is moving to Australia!
I love all of your posts. They are so thoughtful. You are such a sweet person.
GREAT post. I couldn't agree with you more about the cookies. I unfortunatley don't have a garberator...so I just invite friends over and they gobble them up! LOL! LOVE Your hair btw...I SO need a new hair do!
Super cute post today :) It totally made me smile and laugh and think about all the little things that happen in our days (and big things) that have taught me something. I love that primary song too!! The words should definitely come to mind a little more often in our house. And your hair is sooo cute too :)
You would think I would have learned the sugar cookie lesson before. But no. I made a batch. Didn't get around to sharing any - good thing for you since you made your own! And ate way too many myself!
I so agree with you on the kids movie thing.
Can't wait to see your basement!
Love your hair! And those sugar cookies are calling my name now! Good thing they're down the disposal! :)
And so true about keeping our voices down when someone is working in our house. I need to remember that the Savior is always listening. Thanks for that!
haha, i love that you will put the cookies in the G.Disposal!! I totally throw things in the garbage if they are sugary and tempting. Don't tell Rus he would die!!! Love your life learning lessons!! so sad your hairstylist is moving. I Need my done SO bad it's really getting ridiculous. Have a good week!
("If the Savior stood Beside me",is my favorite primary song)
love your remarks about the content in kid's flicks ... listen to the words in the song from *happy feet,* the one the couple sings together, *i want your body all night long*????? what????? i know what the words b/c tevia watches it w/closed captioning (she's 70% hearing impaired) and the words are right there ... i was so surprised, i replayed it ... how can we be so obtuse and miss all these things?
satin sure doesn't have to work too hard, does he ... gets the kids when they're young and we let them watch pg rated ... hmmmm ... food for thought rather than cookies ... LOL LOL
sorry for my soapbox, but i am passionate about the sly indoctrination of our babies/our children ...
love ya christal ....
Oh I am SO glad you mentioned about the adult content in movies promoted towards kids. The producers are SO sneaky how it's put in there.
I also hear you about this:
"I've learned.. that no matter what you do you will not please everyone as hard as you try to make it work for all."
A BIG AMEN to that one! I learned that one totally this weekend.. : D
And WHo doesn't LOVE Sally DeFord!? She is awesome!
Thanks Christal! Great post! Love the hair!
Cute hair! Great post as always. I've learned that there ARE genuine people in this world...and that not all bad is bad, there is GOOD in everything!!
Oh, and those cookies look divine!!!!! Totally drooling!!
you are like a pro blogger eh? i love your posts, and your hair looks AMAZING! you are just too cute!
Hi Christal,
Thanks for visiting my blog! I love to find new people that way. Cute hair, by the way. I can see why you'll miss her.
Blessings,
Tonya
Post a Comment