Monday, March 16, 2009

{ Me Thinks Monday...}

First of all Happy St. Patrick's Day tomorrow!
Around here we love st pats day cause D served his mission in Ireland so its fun to talk to the kids about Ireland and the fun traditions there.
So probably going to have to make some shamrock sugar cookies today dang it all lol!
It was a crazy weekend !
Spent some angry moments listening to a nazi home inspector who apparently are 7 months behind showing up here {since we have lived here almost 7 months}
and then show up unannounced see's that we have the basement drywalled and ready to paint the color. He gets a sick look on his face and proceeds to tell us that some things needed to be done with the trusses and wall by the stairs {oh would that be where the newly textured drywall and beautiful looking CEILING are that are DONE!!!!} Yeah not a happy girl its completely their fault and some dishonesty on some others fault for checking things off that didn't get done in the first place-- Seriously!!!
Very annoying so they cut holes in our drywall and fixed the problem in get this LESS then a half an hour! If they had done what they were supposed to begin with....! Here is the ugly aftermath and now they the builders have to send somebody to redo the entire ceiling and it better look as good as our dry wallers did!! If they had come before we moved in or even a month ago we wouldn't have this problem and now they have a much bigger bill to finish the mess they made now!!! Putting us behind where we thought we would be!
But on the other hand the doors baseboards and casings and all that fun stuff is ordered and should be here within the week! So that is exciting!
--------------------------------
We also helped my brothers family move to a new city about an hour away from where they were! They found a brand new just built home never lived in. The couple was getting a divorce they offered low and the people took it
{sound familiar yeah some story with us so sad as divorce is its worked to mine and my brothers good..}
Anyway we also finally get a new washer and dryer too out of the deal for way cheaper then the store price just b/c my brother is nice , My brother and his wife had just bought brand new ones for their old house, then there new house had all brand new appliances too and since our washer and dryer are on there way out {we have had them for almost 12 years} so we bought them from him. I'm so happy to have ones that won't make my house feel like there is an earthquake!
{whirlpool cabrios so much better then what we have}
------------------------------------
So we tried a new yummy pioneer women special Blueberry Cobbler dessert
so yummy {not my kids favorite but I really liked it} full of sugar so don't eat to much ha ha.

1 cup milk
1/2 cup butter
1 1/4 cup of sugar
1 cup self raising flour
{or to make it: 1 cup flour /1/2 tsp salt/1 1/2 tsp. baking powder}
2 cups of blackberries or blueberries {frozen or fresh}


Melt butter in a micro dish. Pour 1 cup of sugar and flour into a mixing bowl, whisk in milk. Mix well. Then, pour in melted butter and whisk it all well together. spray a baking dish.
Pour the batter into the buttered dish. Sprinkle with blueberries over the top of the batter, distributing evenly. Sprinkle 1/4 cup sugar over the top.
Bake in the oven at 350 for 1 hour, or until golden and bubbly,. If you desire sprinkle an additional teaspoon of sugar over the cobbler 10 minutes before it's done.
------------------------

ME THINKS
for today
Something to think about.

{Time} What's important?

How do we spend it?
--------

Dust if you must, but wouldn't it be better,
to paint a picture or write a letter,
bake a cake or plant a seed.
Ponder the difference between want and need.

Dust if you must, but there's not much time,
with rivers to swim and mountains to climb!
Music to hear and books to read,
friends to cherish and life to lead.

Dust if you must, but life's out there
with the sun in your eyes and the wind in your hair,
a flutter of snow, a shower of rain,
this day will not come round again.

Dust if you must, but bear in mind,
old age will come and it's not kind.
And when you go and go you must.
You, yourself, will make more dust!

Anonymous
---------------------

AND some extra HAPPY NEWS
And
Congrats to both of you!!!

--------------------------------

HAVE A GREAT WEEK! Hopefully a nice SPRINGY week!

11 comments:

Lynn said...

Oh man! That is bad news about the basement....thank goodness though that someone ELSE will have to pay the costs, though, eh?

Lucky you on the new washer and dryer. VERY cool!

And thanks for the recipe! I am on my way to the freezer now to pull out some frozen blueberries. YUm!

Alison said...

So sad about your basement! That's so frustrating when it's lookin so nice to have to cut a big hole in it. Love the Dust if you Must poem! And the blueberry cobbler sounds fabulous, I must get back to the store and get some blueberries so I can try it. I love blueberry recipes, so glad you shared!

Betsy said...

Uuugggghh! I bet you were so mad about the basement! That is so frustrating! I'm sorry that happened.

I make that exact same cobbler. Isn't it delicious??!!

I love your Dust If You Must poem. Have a great week, Christal!

Skye said...

That makes me sick about your basement! I hope it all gets sorted out soon. I would've been coming unglued!!!! I hope we have a Springy week, and that the wind stops blowing!

whitney said...

Suckey basement story! But love the happy adoption story!
Oh man am I jealous of your new washer and dryer! I know that is a long way off in my house! In the meantime I will make friends with my washing machine that likes to walk around the laundry room when it is going!

Jennie said...

Wow, sorry about the frustration! I hope they learned a lesson from what they have put you through!

Judy said...

Drywall Picture makes me sick....been there, done that. I am so sorry. Soooooo irritating!!!! I LOVE the dust poem. Life is so precious, and you never know what will happen tomorrow.

Anonymous said...

Oh, that's so frustrating about your basement! But I'm still so excited to see the before and after pictures when it's done---I bet it will look fabulous.

Amy said...

I hope your basement issues end soon. Thanks for the recipe and especially the adoption links. I was so sad for the family that had to give up Xela, it's wonderful to hear of miracles like those two families'.

Holly said...

That is very frusterating! I'm glad they are paying for it all though. Fun to get new Washer & Dryer! Oh and I got the SWEETEST package in the mail yesterday! You made me SO happy girl! You have no idea... Thank YOU! So happy for Tyson and Janeal and your other friends! LOVE adoption! You are next!! :)

Cheryl said...

Please tell me he didn't show up at your house on Thursday!!!! That was the day he came back to our house to inspect all the silly stuff he told us we had to do. Ugh, I really dislike the guy. I know he's just doing his job, but let's be serious here some of the things they tell you to do are rediculous. I'm glad it's all looking better though. We sure are going to miss having you guys a backyard away. The kids had so much fun on the weekend and then it had to snow again. I'm so ready for spring.