Monday, March 23, 2009

{ Me thinks Monday...}


no WAIT change that to WAS here.... Friday we went for a walk and saw birds, saw someone buiding a fire reminded us of camping, then someone had fired up the BBQ, people were out walking, biking it was so nice ... Now we are back in the cold. I honestly don't think its leaving anytime soon! It's hot then its cold, every season in one weekend crazy!
Oh well on a better note D got all the bedrooms and bathroom and playroom painted and I LOVE the color! The dry wallers are supposed to be here to fix the ceiling and hall tomorrow so it better get done! I'm just so excited to get this basement done!! Other then that
Kind of a quiet weekend other then working on the house.
-----------------------
Today I was so sad I broke my little girls heart.... felt like it anyway. Today was her snack day and I had told her I wanted to come and stay with her as the parent helper and she was so looking forward to it.. anyway I took snack in but hadn't been able to find anybody to watch Masen. So I told Lauren I probably wouldn't be able to stay because I couldn't find anybody to watch Masen thinking she probably wouldn't care all that much.. but SHE did her little lip started to quiver and she started naming all the people I could take him too {one's I had already thought of} Nothing worse then disappointment especially watching your little girl and the lip quiver ...she was so sad. I left frustrated and started to cry partly because she was so sad partly because it had already been one of those days already and it wasn't even 10 ! partly because I was so frustrated and I haven't been able to go to the other snack days of hers either. Anyway I thought really hard and determined to find somebody to watch masen and finally thought of somebody i hoped would so I went and begged her j/k and thankfully she watched him for me. SO I went back to her class and she was so so happy I'm so glad I finally found somebody and could spend the time with her. She is so fun. Sure love her!! Her smile and hug when I came in was worth it!
------------------------------
ME THINKS
is from
{an old post but I needed it so I'm doing it again a nice reminder we all need those right...}
From the book {Random thoughts about lifes Wrinkles}

Something I think alot about and thats doing the best we can do.
Going the extra mile even when we think we can't.

"God asks of us only the best we can do. He knows that we have different kinds of moments and days and seasons, but He is never asking more then our best. There are times when He will ask for more than we think we can do, but it isn't more than we can do if we'll let Him help us. Think of the comfort and wonder in that. He asks for the best we can do, and for what we can't do, He "fills in".
We do what we can and He does what we can't."

We learn and grow so much when we do our best no matter what it is.
I love this quote that I heard somewhere
"God wants full custody, not weekend visits"
Prayer is a big part of doing our best. We need to do it everyday not just when life gets hard or the times we think we can't go on, or the times when we take to much on or have more trials then we think are our fair share.
If we do it all the time and ask for help we are more ready and open to receive the part we can't do and the help He can give us.
It is amazing how when we do our best, live our best, ask for help we will get it one way or another I have found that so many times in my life.
----------------

Lately I find myself being impatient feeling like I so want another baby, or need to do this or that but I can't do anymore then I am doing praying, fasting, papers in waiting, wondering if maybe we are to old and we already have three kids but is it wrong to want another one?? when we have already been blessed with three? Wouldn't the feeling go away if three was all there was for us?? But if its the only way we can have the family we want you can see how my brain works in overtime wondering thinking.....

Its just hard sometimes when it seems like there are babies everywhere and something you have no control over has to be handed over to someone who knows best. It's hard.
That among so many trials others have when I look around I am thankful for what has been handed me when I see what others are going through some break my heart and make me count the blessings I already have.
--
We do what we can and He does what we can't

I like that.
----------------
Hope you all have a great week
Make it a great one....

13 comments:

Unknown said...

What a sweet girl you have. I hate it when they are hurting and it is out of our control. Glad you found a sitter. Can't wait to see pix of the house all painted and finished!

Lynn said...

Awwww! The story about Lauren made my lip quiver too. So glad it all worked out for you. It is hard to be in several places at once, eh?

I am so sorry that your heart is hurting. It truly is hard to go through things we have no control over. Loved your Me Thinks. It's always SO bang on! There's so many of us that can relate. I guess that's why in the end we are all brothers and sisters.

Here's hoping for Spring and sunshine soon!

Brittany said...

That would make me so sad if I saw her little lip quivering. You are such a good mom.

Shelley said...

Ok Christal, next time you're snack mom call me and Masen can come play with Brody. I'm glad you found someone but if you ever think you're in a bind, you're not 'cause you can call me :)
As soon as spring stops tricking us we'll go to the park!

Kayli said...

I love that the little kids want us there so bad!! I know it won't last very long. Hopefully third grade at least? Mayyyybe fourth?

I went to help with Jethro's class Valentine's party--it was the first thing I'd really done in the classroom because of the other kids--and felt like I was useless. But Jethro SURE loved that I came. So that was fun. And it was fun to see him in that environment.

I'm wishing spring to you!

Skye said...

I'm beginning to wonder if Spring will even come to us here! Not looking so good!
So happy for you that you found someone to watch your little guy! I'm sure you and your daughter were thrilled!

Holly said...

Hello friend! :) I'm going crazy, my bloglines account is still not updating me when you post, I'm just going to have to check your blog more often. I seriously have something to comment about in ALL of your posts, LOVED the VT message this month! LOVED the part about your enrichment... "walk a mile in her shoes" Wow!! And we are getting that same teasing weather here. Drives me crazy, I too am ready for the sun to shine! Oh and cute little L, I would have cried too! She is so sweet! I'm so glad you were able to go to her snack time. You are the best mom ever and I can't help but think you will get another one soon! :) We are praying for you!!

Jessica.B said...

oh my heck! that is such a sad story! you should have taken him over to dena's! he could have played with rhett! so sad!

i love that quote about god and the full custody. it made me smile!

whitney said...

Okay now I am mad at you - you know I do nothing but sit around in my pajamas all day and Roman would love to play with Masen! But glad you found someone and got to go with cute little Lauren.

Tyler and Kristin Smith said...

I'm the same as Shelley and Whitney - I have my Brody, who loves to play with friends anytime! Masen would love Brenna too, just so you know! Maybe you should challenge yourself to give me a call and have him come over next time you're in a bind. I'd love to have him over!

Betsy said...

Awww...bless Lauren's heart! I know that was so sad for you. I would cry, too. I'm glad you got to go back to her! :)

Camille said...

1-- I don't think you're too old to be wanting another child. For heaven's sake! And I don't think that having three means you can't wish for another one---there are SO many kids born into horrible situations that deserve so much more than what they get.

2-- Lauren's picture is so cute!

3-- That's all I had to say, but it seemed like there should be a third point. : )

ec said...

looking forward to seeing the house all done.

kids are cute. especially little girls ;) but i might b e biased. love that picture of lauren ... she is growing up so fast.

hope to see you guys this summer!