Thursday, March 5, 2009

{ Thankful Thursday and What's Up's....}


So yesterday I wore flip flops and capri's
today I wore a parka{not really but a coat} and boots and froze my ears off!
Seriously where is spring just when you think its here it brutally reminds us it isn't.
I'm thankful for the times I did get out this week running in the slush some days, the ice other days but two of the last week have been so spring like feel the warmth of the sun kind of days I got kind of excited!
I'm thankful for friends and blog land friends!

I Love the people I've "met" and the things I've learned and been taught. I also am thankful
for the nice surprises on my doorstep and in my mailbox!! you know who you are!!
THANK YOU!! So many awesome people out there!!
Made my day, my week...
I am thankful to my sister DJ for watching my kids and helping me out. So L and I could spend some time together just us in town this morning it was fun just her and I. It was really nice to just spend that time together just us girls!
What would we do without family/sisters to help us out sometimes!!
I'm thankful for online shopping. lol. My husband probably isn't but I am.
I'm thankful I can help others when they need it a few times this week I have had a couple of phone calls from people needing to talk this week or ask me a questions anywhere from adoption and infertility to allergy issues.
It makes me feel needed I guess and thankful that people know they can call.

I'm thankful for the ensign

and new era and friend magazines. I love the insight, peace and advice they bring into my life, and look forward to them every month.
I am thankful for kids movies the past couple of weeks since starting the basement and having close quarters upstairs at least once a day they provide a little peace and quiet around here.
I'm thankful when I hear my children laughing and playing nicely not fighting at all, but playing hard is there no greater sound then that!!
I'm thankful for other mothers and our parent preschool class cause sometimes when I get frustrated with something the kids are doing. Its nice to know they are normal and that most families have the same issues. Say for ex. how many times you have to tell a school aged child to HURRY Hurry in the morning no matter what!
OR the selective hearing-- oh the joys and frustration's!!
I AM THANKFUL FOR LIFE.
Look around there is always something to be thankful for.
---------------------------

Some first edition WHAT's UP ??!

With this:
HUH??{American Idol fans}?? ratings nothing else! SHE is so annoying!!

and these goody bobby pins are nothing like they used to be they stretch out and don't hold a thing! What's up with that??
What's up with THIS??
{not taken today but looks pretty much like this a good part of the day!}
opinions?? Not sure just wish I could have a couple of them maybe?? I don't understand the thinking behind this whole story?or her? Is she sane?? is she not? I mean I love kids too, but invitro 8 and a single mom of 6 already living at her parents, doesn't have a job, etc... ? What is up?? What's your thoughts??.....

-----------------------------

"We cannot do great things on this Earth, only small things with great love."

Have an AWESOME weekend!!

15 comments:

Jill said...

Tatiana is a nut case. She is actually beautiful and can sing well, but her personality SUCKS! Too bad.
Sorry for the cold weather. That sucks. Today was 77 for us. YIPPEE!
I don't even want to go off on that mother of 14. I think she is crazy and completely selfish. She is only thinking about herself and how she wanted to feel loved...well what about her kids and providing for them. I'm sorry but a single mother with no job or insurance is going to have a dang hard job giving temporally and emotionally to 14 kids. It really really hurts to see that...why can't she give one to me and you!!
love ya girl!

whitney said...

Oh don't even get me started on that mom. She is so stinking selfish!
What is she thinking? Better yet, what was her doctor thinking?
I see way too many people at work who have kids and don't deserve them. It does not make one bit of sense. Then there are people like you, and my friend Jenn, and my sister in law, and countless others who are such amazing parents and can't have kids. I guess we all have our trials right. But when it comes to babies I hate that they have to suffer because their parents are complete idiots.
Anyway, hope you made it home for the end of Idol last night! I am not an Idol fan. I watch sporadically. Probably a good thing, I am addicted to way too many other shows!

Amy said...

I hate to be judgemental, but I agree on the mom of 14. What was she thinking?
Who's Tatiana?

Judy said...

I'm so thankful that i can be thankful. LOL. I love my kids. Why would anyone want 14? What is with that!

Judy said...

I'm so thankful that i can be thankful. LOL. I love my kids. Why would anyone want 14? What is with that!

JANEAL said...

I can't believe a single mother would want to have 14 kids. She can't even support them or give them the attention they need. I can't believe the Doctor either! Also I don't believe her that she hasn't had plastic surgery because her pictures before she didn't have huge lips like that.

Lynn said...

Maybe I really can't or shouldn't comment on these people. I do not know them. I've only heard bits and pieces about the mother of 14. I feel sad for the babies and especially the grandma who seems to be running quite ragged trying to help take care of all those kids.

However, the number of children does remind me lot's of my husband's mother.. My own mother in law. She DID have 15 kids. Two sets of twins in that bunch and 4 at a time in diapers. She was AMAZING!!! She was organized and on top of everything always. Her own mother died when she was only 13 and so she missed out on a lot of skills that her mother othe wise would of taught her.. My mother in law learned them on her own. Fantastic cooking and sewing and crafting skills.

And ALL this on her own while my father in law was away in another city far away struggling to finish his own schooling so he could provide a better life for his family someday.

So in essence, you could say my mother in law for a long while WAS a single mom of 15, but she was the BEST mom ever! Even now I still hear of her stories and skills and she TOTALLY amazes me.

So I guess after that long winded comment (LOL!) it's not about the number of kids you have, I guess it would be about HOW the kids are taken care of, eh?

Hope we get this Spring weather back!!! HAve an awesome Weekend Christal!

Camille said...

I agree with you on this weather---I was SURE spring was nigh. I took a 90 minute stroll yesterday, and today...ICICLES! I was so bummed.

Also...I cannot address the baby lady.

Holly said...

Our weather is SO much alike! Spring is def. teasing us! :) I'll take any bit of Spring I can get though!

Hmmm... I'm not sure about the octuplet sp? mom either. I don't know much about her, but the media is def. portraying it as a problem. I am esp. sensitive to her story. I agree with Lynn it's not about the # of kids, it's how they are taken care of.

Have a great weekend!!!

Christal said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amy said...

I agree Holly and Lynn. I get lots of comments about me having 4 kids. What's the deal? I have only 4, and they're well taken care of. But, in contrast to your wonderful mother in law, Lynn, this lady is single and living in her parents' home.

Christal said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Christal said...

Yeah definitely not the number of children just how they will be cared for. Sad how the media and her are playing everything out. I just feel sorry for all the kids and drama! {Totally agree with you too Janeal on the plastic surgery the befores and afters are too different and noticeable. {AJ}?? And lynn your mother in law is amazing!! D's grandma and grandpa have 11 kids too. big families are the best but a stable home and a mom and dad are most conducive for a happy healthy upbringing IMO.

lynz said...

haha i love that you included crazy tatiana in your blog! she is so entertaining to me and really does have a great voice, but i think she's totally cuckoo!
as far as nadia is concerned, i think she's pretty cuckoo herself, but my thoughts are more about the kids - poor little kidlets! i only hope that she gets the help she needs or the intervention needed to keep them safe and healthy and happy :)

DJ said...

Yes this winter weather sucks and I too am dying for spring to finally come!! As for this nadya/ big family controversary --I do think it's sad and I do NOT think that a family of that size and situation can receive the proper care and love that they need at the times when they really need it. I was just thinking that today when Kinlee fell in the snow and then right after slipped and fell in the kitchen, she was hurt and very sad and upset. I could drop everything I had and give her all she needed at that exact moment. Throw in even one or two more kids let alone 12 or 14 and I most likely would have missed the opportunity to give her my undivided love and attention. Something i feel so strongly every child needs in their upbringing in order to avoid a lifetime of issues as a result. Growing up in even our family of ONLY six kids I think a lot of that was missed for each kid. I think it's unfortnate any time any child is left to deal
alone with any trouble trial or triumph. And it happens no
matter what anyone thinks when you try to raise a large
family. I'm not saying it's not possible to raise emotionally healthy children in any size family I just feel strongly that children need to be loved when they need to be loved and each time they get shrugged off or neglected, if they feel abandoned in thier feelings or thoughts especially by a parent there are negative reprecussions. And in my opinion this Nadia chick has set herself up for major failure where these 14 children are concerned.
Ok that was long winded. I guess I have strong feelings in that dept.
Hope the painting is going good this weekend.
Talk to you soon. Love you