Thursday, March 19, 2009

{Thankful Thursday...}

Thankful Thursday again I love this day of the week!
It gives me all week to think what I am most thankful for.
I am so thankful its warmer outside {but not liking the wind!}
I'm loving my new washing machine and dryer they wash and dry like a dream really shows me how bad our old ones were! But I'm also so thankful they lasted for 12 years!
I am thankful for music and good books --cause I love to read.
I'm thankful for the smiles my kids give me especially if they are doing something they shouldn't be doing......I Love Laurens little lines she comes up with {so thankful for her!}

The other night I was just finished reading to my kids ready to have prayer and Lauren says to me "Mom you've had a long day haven't you".
Then she starts rubbing my back, she is so observant sometimes
cause it had been a REALLY long day.
---------------------
I'm thankful for the enrichment meeting I went to last night in my old ward it was awesome! They did such a great job they did this idea and it was so good! There were some of the classes that touched me one was this quote:

WALK A MILE IN HER SHOES

" Perhaps the greatest charity comes when we are kind to each other, when we don't judge or categorize someone else, when we simply give each other the benefit of the doubt or remain quiet. Charity is accepting someone's differences, weaknesses, and shortcomings, having patience with someone who has let us down, or resisting the impulse to become offended when someone doesn't handle something the way we might have hoped. Charity is refusing to take advantage of another's weakness and being willing to forgive someone who has hurt us.
Charity is expecting the best of each other
."
-Marvin J. Ashton
--------------------------
I love quotes like this and am so thankful for words that make me take a step back and look at what I'm doing or thinking. We have no idea where people have been to get to where they are now, to make us who we are and why we are are here. But I'm thinking if we did walk a mile in there shoes we would learn a lot....
we judge at first site way to much.
----------------------------
Also loved this poem my sister read that brought everybody to tears she did an awesome job on her class which was a hallmark theme "if you care enough to do your best"...
are we doing our best?? trying at least??
-------------------------

I also loved this handout that one of the cute YW did for a class on texting that said:

"DON'T DRIVE WHILE INTEXTICATED"


she made it up herself how cute eh!!
{I've actually never even texted before and I don't even have a cell phone!}
-------------------------------

So thankful for life, friends, opportunities to learn and grow, the sun, children, a great husband, a home to live in, support of others, prayers and reasons to serve cause that's where we really learn what we are made of.
-----------------
Gratitude is something of which none of us can give too much. For on the smiles, the thanks we give, our little gestures of appreciation, our neighbors build their philosophy of life.”
~ A. J. Cronin

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you thank you thank you for the Marvin J. Ashton quote -- it is so true! I had the unfortunate experience of having some of my words, spoken at a weak moment in frustration, come back to haunt me in the form of a hurt friend... I of course would never intentionally hurt someone, but it was a good reminder to think before I speak and ask myself if I am speaking of others in a way that will help and not hurt.

Thanks for your wonderful thoughts -- you are amazing and I'm happy to know you! :o)

Jill said...

Great post! I LOVE that quote by Marvin J Ashton too...think how wonderful the world would be if we all had true charity!!

Judy said...

I love your thankful thursday. Makes me stop, breath deep and think about the many blesings in my life. Thanks for your insight!

Lynn said...

WOW! Powerful message and quotes.. Those photos say a THOUSAND words, eh?

May I use your YW's pic and quote?? I am doing a workshop next month and one of the classes are on "Modern modems of communication". This would be PERFECT as a poster or handout for the class. Just let me know.

Thanks!

Anonymous said...

These thankful posts always cheer me up and make me smile. THANKS!

Amy said...

Ha ha, guilt after reading your thoughts on being less judgemental. I really try hard but as you can see from my post last week about the school dance I have a ways to go.
Have a great weekend!

Kim said...

Great message as always! I've had fun reading and catching up on your blog. Isn't it exciting to get new appliances? The things that make us happy, hey? And the class about walking in someone elses shoes sounded really good. I think a lot of times we forget to think about what other people might be going through and are so quick to judge. Great message! Hope you have a great weekend!

Karli said...

Hey, thanks for visiting my blog! Isn't it funny the connections we have? Renetta is my aunt. She's my dad's youngest sister!

I enjoy your blog too and I'm pretty sure I've visited it before cause I remember thinking your kids were so cute!

-Karli

whitney said...

Good post! (As always!) I needed something uplifting like this after enrichment on Thursday. Was it just me or was in kinda a gong show?