Monday, April 13, 2009

{ Easter Weekend.. Me thinks..}

Hope everybody had a fun Easter! My kids had way to much candy Kolten discovered that mom is the Easter bunny "helper" since he found the stash. sad. of course I was gone at the time wouldn't you think the garage was a good hiding place hidden in a cabinet?? with dad working in the garage?? apparently not. So we had a nice talk.. kind of like this... um well... you see ahh ..yeah that went good. Life at least it wasn't Santa yet eh! Fun times.
But we've had a fun few days with Easter activities my cute nieces birthday and it just being nice outside was huge playing outside, jumping on the tramp, picnics everyday outside, park runs, Kolt got a new bike so we've been on bike rides its just so nice to get out!!
Today it is hideously windy nice oh well at least its not snowing right!
So here are some pics from the weekend.....

I love the bed head look in these pics!!
I Love this girl she is so funny sometimes and so dang cute!!

Squished between her two brothers lucky girl eh~!~

I love this comfy relaxed picture since masen never slows down it makes me smile!!


I love this big brother picture!

How Can I not feel so blessed with three kids like these!!!

---------------------------------------

ME THINKS

Something that's so hard not to do sometimes....

DON'T COMPARE

{from the book tip a day guide to healthy living}

Do you ever have a bad day cause you feel like a nerd or you feel fat or whatever it is determines your whole attitude for the day and the way you treat others or our thoughts and interactions throughout the day....

"For some people it just won't sink in. Our bodies are amazing, miraculous and wondrous. By simply comparing ourselves to somebody else-be it looks, material possessions, or social interactions-we pile on unnecessary burdens and bring ourselves down. Comparing ourselves to somebody else isn't a positive experience. It isn't productive. And it doesn't motivate you to take better care of our bodies. Focus on your positive attributes and learn to value the immeasurable worth of your mind, body, and spirit as they work together to create that perfect person YOU! Don't ever let your day be positive or negative based on how YOU think you look. That rarely- if ever-matches what others think of US. Don't waste time comparing yourself to anybody else. Its about how you live. "

-------------

I flipped open to this today and thought wow I needed that cause I don't know about all of you but some mornings I wake up and start the day with an "I wish"..

I wish Masen was potty trained instead of hearing each morning mommy "I poppy change my diaper" oh how I wish he would just go on the potty...

Or I wish I looked that skinny....

Oh I wish I could look like that in that dress or bathing suit or whatever it may be....

So many I wishes everyday we all do it ...... i think I wish I didn't eat that or I wish I could lose 15 pounds just by osmosis or how about when we do get something say like a bigger house then we wish we had a bigger pantry when its so much more then we had and so much more then we need.

Does it ever end - when we get what we want then we think we need more or all of a sudden its not enough??

It's sad really I listen to a lot of people complain, sometimes about say being pregnant when I sit there and just wish I could get pregnant even just once. We have no idea how our comparing or wishing effects so much of our thinking that in turn it affects the way we feel about ourselves and the way we treat others sometimes.

Bottom line is comparative thinking doesn't get us anywhere we need to be happy with where we are what we have and fix the things that need fixing best we can and move on.

Look for the positive. Everyday.

"Isn't it ironic, we can turn our entire day into a negative experience based upon how we think we look-without knowing or even having the ability to comprehend what others think of us."

How we look is not who we are.

{just have to add that I know its natural to compare we all do it and it will never go away. That's just how we are made its just in the thinking and letting it ruin our thoughts and feelings about ourselves and others..its being positive and happy where we are. Because if we could walk in each others shoes I'm sure we would see some trials were glad we don't have.... none of us are perfect right....}

----------------------------

Have a great week!!

14 comments:

Lynn said...

Great ME Thinks!!! Love it.

"We have no idea how our comparing or wishing effects so much of our thinking that in turn it affects the way we feel about ourselves and the way we treat others sometimes."

That is SO true! And it spills over to how we react to our spouses too. How we feel about ourselves....truly makes or breaks the day (or night) between husband and wife.

-------------------------

Love the Easter pics of the kids. That is SO sad that Kolten discovered who the helper was....how ever it is too funny as well. I had to chuckle. Love the conversation you had with him. ; )

Continue to have a GREAT Spring break with the kids. Despite the wind. IT sure got windy today here too. *sigh*

Judy said...

Looks like you had a great Easter. The pics are great. I am bad about the me thinks stuff. Especially the fat stuff. As I get older, I am trying to learn to love myself and be in the moment and not want more. I have drastically stopped going to town shopping, cause I know all that stuff won't make me happy. Except computer ink....LOL!!! You are great and always give me something to think about!

Judy said...

Looks like you had a great Easter. The pics are great. I am bad about the me thinks stuff. Especially the fat stuff. As I get older, I am trying to learn to love myself and be in the moment and not want more. I have drastically stopped going to town shopping, cause I know all that stuff won't make me happy. Except computer ink....LOL!!! You are great and always give me something to think about!

Betsy said...

Awww...what GREAT pictures!! I especially love the last one of Kolten and Masen. And Lauren is just a cutie pie!

I'm glad you had a good Easter! I loved your ME thinks today, too. You are so right!!

Lyndsay said...

That was meant just for me I think!! I've been really doing alot of comparing lately with the kind of mom and wife I am to how I look. So that was great I need to just realize we all have to work at just being the best ME'S We can be. So next time I see you up town and you're hair and make up and clothes all look put together and nice I won't compare!! Or at least I'll try. I love your blog I just started and maybe inspiration will slowly come!!! Thanks Christal!! Your one Awesome LADY!!!

Amanda said...

Thanks for posting this. I'm feeling fat today, I know I've gained weight. . . and today it's affecting my mood. Seriously, great message. I love your Easter pics by the way. I think the older boy in our care is starting to figure out the Easter bunny thing because there were issues about looking in the trunk of our car.

whitney said...

I do compare. I don't think I will ever not compare. So for me personally what I will continue working on is not letting the comparing be a negative thing.

Sorry I am one of those complainers you have to put up with. I know you put that in so I will stop complaining! How rude of you to do that for all to see!

Alison said...

What a great post Christal! Thanks for the thoughts. I think we all compare ourselves to each other. I know I do! Looks like you had a wonderuful Easter. Darling family!

Amanda said...

Love the Easter pics and love how they kids match in their outfits! I also like this Me Thinks...it is so true that we need o be happy with what we have and not always want more. This is something I struggle with and need to remind myself.

Holly said...

As usual just I needed to hear!! :) I find myself doing this all the time, that darn natural man in us all eh!? Oh, your kids are growing up! That stinks that K had to hear the truth already! ha ha. I always worry about the hiding spot too! It seems like the kids get smarter and smarter! Hope you are having a great week Miss Christal!

Tiffany said...

You did it once again, girl you have summed up my thoughts once again for a great ME THINKS monday, thanks so much for sharing. It has taken me a very long time to be happy with ME, I am a work in progress and I need to be happy to be ME. I did a great young womens object lesson where I made each of them stand in front of a huge mirror and say " My heavenly father loves me and I AM HAPPY TO BE ME...something so simple but we are all different and that makes life beautiful. We need to celebrate ourselves and who we are. Comparing is so hard NOT to do...I think as long as we are trying to be our best that is all that matters.

Masen reminds me so much of my little HUNTER, full of life...I couldn't imagine my life with out my kiddos...

Your kids are darling as always all dressed in there easter wear...good job MOM.

Mostly Jessica said...

Love Masen's little pink cheeks in these photos - soooo cute!

LindsayB said...

i like to think i'm pretty good at not comparing myself and my things, i'm mostly just happy for others in general. BUT i am the hardest on myself when it comes to my body. i reeeaaally need to work on that because it's kind of a big deal, so thanks for this. looks like a fun easter, i hope kolt isn't too crushed. i went easter shopping with my kids and they found the stash after too. hopefully they'll forget by next year!

The Lowry's said...

Thanks for this post. I always need to remind my self not to compare, be happy with me and improving myself and not what others are doing, saying, how good they look etc. etc. Sometimes its hard and i have gotten tons better over the years. Thanks for this post. You said it perfectly.