{that I just won this from a blogger friend thank you Judy!}
COUNT YOUR BLESSINGS
COUNT YOUR BLESSINGS
It's exactly what I wanted to to write about and be thankful for today... my blessings, my health, My children, my husband all my blessings...Friends...
This past week I had a friend die that we knew in Florida when we lived there for three short months. But she touched my life more then she knows..
She is one of the strongest people I have ever met in 2003 she got breast cancer lost her breasts both of them. She got better for a bit but then the cancer moved to her lungs, her knee, her brain with 6 tumors causing her to lose her vision not all of it but enough and the lose of use in one of her hands which she used to teach piano with, she has 2 beautiful children ages 7, 5 and a wonderful husband.
She passed away last Friday....
It makes me cry, it makes me appreciate all my blessings my health the use of my hands, my eyesight, to be able to walk. My hair, all that makes us.
She was a beautiful singer, a beautiful mother of two. A beautiful Wife.
Who lost everything she lived for slowly, but she still counted her blessings each day,
she served others to the end,
and smiled despite every road block that came along.
She taught me to appreciate what I have, the small things my hands.... my hair...
she taught me to serve others no matter what your situation,
and she always loved those around her and made them feel welcome and loved.
She was a pure example of Christlike love despite the torture her body was going through.
She was a strength, an example of taking your trials and helping others through her example.
Every Wednesday we all went to Lori's house and let the kids play and we all talked or had lunch or just hung out for hours...
She was a friend to all and made friends easy she was fun, beautiful and loved her family more then anything. She taught me a lot through her example I learned more then I thought I would when we moved to Florida because of her.
There are special people sent to this earth with more then one purpose
maybe to help us all to learn and grow and be touched.
What a blessing to have known her.
______________
It snowed so much today that school was cancelled. Got a sunburn and wore flip flops yesterday and today cold blowing snow is this really April? D reminded me that there is usually a spring storm like this every year:( Wow though! My back porch over night--
MAKES ME EXTRA EXCITED FOR this
YES I Can STOP complaining that I DON'T GET to Go anywhere
HERE IS A CLUE!!
D has some business meetings so I'm going along then we are taking some much needed vacation time.... 



till then I am so thankful my house is warm.
AndI guess it's a good thing is snowed it gave me the time I needed to get
our adoption profile scrapbooked 6 pages today
I AM so so thankful it is done its weight of my mind!!
________________
________________
I'm addicted to it I go to it everyday Jon Schmidt is so so talented
I've seen him in concert too he is awesome if you ever have the chance to go GO!!
HE ROCKS!
I've seen him in concert too he is awesome if you ever have the chance to go GO!!
HE ROCKS!
--------------------
HAve a great Weekend!!
Do one thing that makes you happy everyday!
--------------------
--------------------
Gratefully
At night, when I’m alone in bed,
I close my eyes and see
The many things I’m thankful for
That God has given me.
I see my friends and teachers, too,
And others who love me.
These many blessings make me feel
So thankful to be me.
A child of God
-anon



8 comments:
I read about your friend on Judy's blog. I thank you for the link. This was a BEAUTIFUL tribute to your friend.
Thanks for today's post....it's humbling and a GREAT reminder for us to count all our blessings.
I am in the midst of writing a few down for my own post. It's hard somedays to think of any...but you know what? Once we start writing them down and look around to the "outside" we can see so many, eh?
Love the quote at the end....Too cute!
So sorry to hear about your friend. Sounds like such an amazing woman, and that it was a blessing to count her as a friend.
Now I am the only one that can complain about not taking a vacation!
I'm excited for you, it will be so much fun!
You are sooooooo welcome and I hoped you would comment cause I wanted you to have one. I am so sad about your friend. It is such a hard disease to face. Being postitve is so difficult, and I am impressed with her story. Thanks for sharing it. I can't believe the snow you got!!! so crazy! Thanks for all the things you are thankful for....makes me thankful to!!!! I will get this in the mail tomorrow. I got your address. Thanks
What tragic news about your friend. I'm so sorry. Those stories are just hearbreaking.
I'm excited for you to go on a fun trip!! Where or where is it!!??
All that snow just looks awful at your place!!!!!! It was 90 today and I got sunburnt. You should come on vacation here. We would have a blast!!!!!
What sadness you all must feel.I'm so sorry about your friend. Oh and the snow! UGH! I'm so sorry, at least you will be in FL soon! :) I LOVE the plaque, I think I might pay Judy to make one for me, it's BEAUTIFUL! She's so talented!
Christal can I just tell you I love you. I love reading your blog, it makes me feel like being a better person than I am. To be a more Christlike person, and to be more grateful for the many blessings I have in my life. You truly are an inspiration to me. Your posts often bring a tear to my eyes (like today). I'm not sure why exactly, I guess you just have a way of touching my spirit.
PS I LOVE this David Archuletta song, I only heard it for the first time yesterday watching American Idol, and the next Taylor Swift song is my favorite song of the moment.;) Thanks
I'm sorry you're mourning your friend right now. Thanks for the reminder to look for the positive, it's already something I do but now I'm grateful for just my hands, hair, and eyes that work well.
That's so exciting that you are going on vacation, I'm sure you will have a blast!
I'm so sorry about your friend Christal. There is so much heartache in the world! Thank you for helping me remember to count my blessings. We all have so so many things to be thankful for.
And so sorry for your snow! Ughh! Ours is just about gone and I'm so happy. It's still freezing cold though. Can't wait for flip flop weather! Hope your summer comes soon too, and can't wait for your vacation! Wish we could pack up and come with you.
Post a Comment