A two-year old is kind of like having a blender, but you don't have a top for it.
-Jerry Seinfeld
~~~~~~~~~~~~-Jerry Seinfeld
Fitting for some eh like say ME! Just read it on tutus and turtles thought I'd share some profound wisdom lol.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Well since I posted my pics from our weekend already. I got some new recipes to share.
I spent today making Aloha Bread {for my girls I vt and some new move ins cause I have like nothing else to do totally kidding I enjoy it} anyway then made some broccoli cheese soup it was the first time I made it and it is so so good so here ya go
{ Its kind of a cold snowy day soccer baseball all canceled probably for the week because of all the yucky heavy snows we are getting so comfort food is still in effect around here ie. soups breads yeah....}
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Broccoli Cheese Soup Recipe
2 quarts water
12 cubes chicken bouillon
4 large diced potatoes with skin
3 large carrots (chunked)
1 large onion (chopped)
1 cup celery (diced)
1 bunch broccoli (chopped)
1½ cups butter
1½ cups flour
1½ quarts more water
16 ounce jar Cheez Whiz
¾ teaspoon of garlic salt
In 2 quarts water, cook bouillon and vegetables. In smaller pan, combine butter and flour. Slowly add 1 ½ quarts of water. Stir to thicken. Add slowly to large pan of veggies. Add Cheez Whiz and salt. Simmer. Thanks Sara!
My kids all ate 2 bowls each of it! That is saying something for them.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Aloha Bread
-Lion House Recipe
Ingredients:
1 Cup Butter
2 Cups Sugar
4 Eggs
1 Cup Mashed Bananas
4 Cups all-purpose Flour
2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
1 Teaspoon Salt
1 Teaspoon Soda
1 20-Ounce Can Crushed Pineapple, Undrained
¾ Cup Chopped Pecans
1 Cup Coconut
1 Cup Butter
2 Cups Sugar
4 Eggs
1 Cup Mashed Bananas
4 Cups all-purpose Flour
2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
1 Teaspoon Salt
1 Teaspoon Soda
1 20-Ounce Can Crushed Pineapple, Undrained
¾ Cup Chopped Pecans
1 Cup Coconut
Method:
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Grease 2 large 8x4-inch loaf pans. Set aside. In a large mixing bowl, cream butter, and sugar. Add eggs. Stir in bananas. In separate bowl mix flour, baking powder, soda, and salt, then add to banana mixture. Blend well, but be careful not to over mix. (Over mixing causes tunnels and a coarse texture) Add pineapple, pecans, and coconut and mix together on low speed until blended. Pour into prepared pans. The pans should each be two-thirds full. Bake for 60 to 80 minutes.
Makes 2 large loaves.
~~~~~~~~~~~~
ME THINKS
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Grease 2 large 8x4-inch loaf pans. Set aside. In a large mixing bowl, cream butter, and sugar. Add eggs. Stir in bananas. In separate bowl mix flour, baking powder, soda, and salt, then add to banana mixture. Blend well, but be careful not to over mix. (Over mixing causes tunnels and a coarse texture) Add pineapple, pecans, and coconut and mix together on low speed until blended. Pour into prepared pans. The pans should each be two-thirds full. Bake for 60 to 80 minutes.
Makes 2 large loaves.
~~~~~~~~~~~~
ME THINKS
He thinks ---thoughts by Dr. John L. Lund

I enjoyed reading some of these cause they make you think and some take a couple times to read I found them from somewhere out there awhile back so here ya go....
----------------------------------------------------
“Chances are you either married your biggest challenge in life or you gave birth to it!”
- Dr. John L. Lund. { I just thought this one was funny}
Stop saying to people: you need/you should/you ought. Instead say, "it would mean a lot to me if....."
Give a rational for your request.
Rather than define what your child has to do, define what you are going to do about their choices.
TAKE YOUR FRUSTRATIONS TO THE LORD AND YOUR LOVE TO YOUR FAMILY.
Transfer responsibility to your children as they demonstrate the ability to handle it.
Ask the children how they would like to hear things of a critical nature discussed.
You can't be FAIR to each child.
Let go of expectations that you will have their love and appreciation.
Parents are held hostage by fear of 'missed opportunities.'
A toxic child will give you what you want when you give them what they want.
Don't accept responsibility for stewardships beyond that which God has given you.
You can't share and teach beyond the level of their willingness to accept.
God can't take us faster than we're prepared to go.
If you're not happy you're not grateful.
We fought a war to be in control of our own happiness.
People have to learn things by the things which they suffer.
Hel. 13:38 You have sought all the days of your life for that which you can not obtain.
We can't control being loved, only loving others.
--------------------------------------------------------
So many words of wisdom and things to think about.....
DO the best you can do and the rest will follow.
HAVE A GREAT WEEK!! MAKE IT COUNT!!


12 comments:
Dear Christal:
I'm going to try those recipes. Cooking makes me nervous, but they look fabulous! Did you know that you are famous? (Apparently the whole Mum's the Word class on Friday was talking about how awesome your blog is. I wasn't even there and I heard about it!)
Loved the thoughts for today!
Thanks for the recipes. I LOOOOOOOVE broccoli cheddar soup. That's my favorite!!!
Great quotes too. Funny you have one I just was thinking of TODAY and wanted to do a post on.
Love your blog, you're always so fun!!
you knew. didn't you.
you knew that i have been craving broccoli cheese soup for 394801271 days. i can't wait to try this recipe!
and. as always. i love your post!
YEE HAW! Something to use all that Cheese Whiz for that I have in my food storage. LOL! Can't wait! My stomach is growling and that looks SO good!
I love your other recipe too. Coconut! Here I come! YUM! Thanks for your GREAT quotes. I just love them so.
It's been SO nutty here lately! I will have to take the time to catch you up later. I have my head and hands, knee deep in pandemic stuff. (For my calling....how timely, eh??? It sure is the sign of the times.)
Mmmm...that Aloha bread looks SOOO good!!! I am definately going to have to try it.
Awesome quotes/thoughts too... I LOVE the first one about our biggest challenge...it definately depends on the day in our house..hehe..but I'm sure my sweet hubby could say the same thing. :)
See, I told you you are famous. Kristen's comment proves it.
Out own celebrity here in Raymond...
Um, can you please stop showing me up. Baking for the move ins, making me look bad! Oh wait, if I ever sell my house and get my other one built does that count as a move in? You just keep right on baking for those move ins...
Thanks for the quotes and recipes!
Those look sooooo yummy! I can't wait to try them. You're such a good example and always have such positive things on your blog. I am so glad that I know you. I always feel so uplifted when I read your posts. Thank you!
Yummy food! And love the Me thinks. So good. I sent your plaque on Monday (me thinks) heee heee! No I did send it on Monday, so watch for it!!!!!
Broccoli cheese soup is my favorite...mmmm. I've never had Aloha bread so I'll have to try the recipe.
What great thoughts!! LOVED the parenting advice, I'll probably need to get that book! Mmmm. and your recipes YUM!! It's raining here and soup sounds perfect for lunch or dinner tomorrow! THanks!
I'm glad you liked the soup recipe. Our girls love it, and we took it to a ward dinner, and the teenagers ate it. I was shocked!
Post a Comment