Friday, April 10, 2009

{oops.. time where did it go??....}

Since Friday is almost gone Saturday is almost here and Thursday has past lets just say I am thankful this week is almost over its been full of soccer soccer and more soccer!!!
Crazy how busy this time of year gets. I found this poem and it kind of fits for the most part how things have been this week especially after watching slum dog millionaire last week makes me appreciate so much that I have even on the busy don't get anything done at home weeks....

THANK YOU LORD ...
Lord, thank you for this sink of dirty dishes;
We have plenty of food to eat.
Thank you for this pile of dirty, stinky laundry;
We have plenty of nice clothes to wear.
And I would like to thank you, Lord, for those unmade beds;
They were so warm and comfortable last night.
I know that many have no bed.
My thanks to you, Lord, for this bathroom,
Complete with all the splattered mirrors, soggy, grimy towels and dirty lavatory;
They are so convenient.
Thank you for this finger-smudged refrigerator that needs defrosting so badly;
It has served us faithfully for many years.
It is full of cold drinks and enough leftovers for two or three meals.
Thank you, Lord, for this oven that absolutely must be cleaned today.
It has baked so many things over the years.
The whole family is grateful for that tall grass that needs mowing,
The lawn that needs raking;
We all enjoy the yard.
{wish I had grass and a yard to mow already oh and a fence lol}
Thank you, Lord, even for that slamming screen door.
My kids are healthy and able to run and play.
Lord, the presence of all these chores awaiting me says
You have richly blessed my family.
I shall do them cheerfully and I shall do them gratefully.

.....so with Spring break this week it should be even more fun around here...
But I love spring I got my first sunburn today of the year since Lauren and I had a picnic outside and talked it was fun. Kolten went with dad to town and came back with a new set of wheels..
a new bike that fits the growing boy so we went for a bike ride to try it out then we came home and had a picnic lunch with the boys on the deck they thought that was fun too!
So we spent most of the day outside it was a beautiful day. My parents came over this afternoon so we called my sister and her fam to come too and had dinner at the lake and let the kids play so it was a nice day! I think our neighbors might wish we never moved here with all the noise my kids make, oh well such is life right! They got tired out today playing OUTSIDE its been a long, cold winter sometimes I think this cartoon is fitting {we don't have video games but movies and tv can fit nicely in there too...} They have so much fun playing in the dirt and running kind of nice to they fall right to sleep and sleep longer! Perks to all its worth the extra bath a day!

-----------------------

I hope everybody has a great Easter I love this time of year its my favorite time new season, new grass, buds starting and a renewed love for the Gospel the atonement and the love our saviour Jesus Christ has for each of us. He died for each of us and was resurrected and he LIVES. What a blessing to me to know that he loves me and that he died for me. I am so glad that I know that he LIVES and that we will live again when we die.

"At this sacred season of the year, filled with the promise of renewing life, may we be more devoted and disciplined followers of Christ. May we cherish him in our thoughts and speak his name with love. May we kneel before him with meekness and mercy. May we bless and serve others that they may do the same" -Howard W. Hunter

"Nothing done before or since has so affected mankind as the atonement wrought by Jesus of Nazareth, who died on Calvary’s cross, was buried in the tomb of Joseph of Arimathea, and on the third day arose from the grave as the Living Son of the Living God—the Savior and Redeemer of the world."---Gordon B. Hinckley

HAPPY EASTER. Have a great weekend!!


"Live as if Christ died yesterday, arose this morning and is coming back tomorrow"

7 comments:

Lynn said...

Oh! You guys are only STARTING Spring break....NICE! I wish they would still do that here..... actually have Spring break DURING the Easter season. I really dislike all this politically correct stuff going on here.

Oh well...I'm just envious that you are just STARTING your Spring break. Nice weather and all! YAY!

Picnics, bike rides, sunburns.....

It's definitely Spring! HAPPY EASTER to your family Christal!

Thanks for the thoughts on the REAL reason for our celebrations. Love it.

Judy said...

I love the poem. It is perfect. Live with no regrets. The time you spend with your kids and the things you teach them. My sweet mother in law always told me that the dishes, laundry ect.... will wait, but the kids will grow and leave. I thought she was kidding. All that stuff doesn't matter, and the world (and even the church sometimes) makes us think we have to have a perfect house. The ONLY thing we need is GOOD kids and the only way that happens is if we spend our time on them. The dishes eventually get done, and the memories will last forever. You will never forget this perfect spring day!

Holly said...

What a beautiful poem. LOVE It! Needed that today! :) It's nice here too HOORAY!! Perfect for Easter Egg hunts! Such a great time of the year for sure! Love that you had a picnic with L. I need to do some one on one time with B. Sounds like a perfect idea! Happy Easter to the Bevans Family! :)

Amy said...

Happy Easter Christal! Thanks for the poem, it captures how I feel so often. Overwhelmed, yet so grateful for the life I have and all it's safety, freedoms and conveniences.

Camille said...

What a good post! I agree--spring is so cheerful. I used to think it was depressing in AZ, because it meant summer , and HEAT, would be coming soon, but now I've changed. I say, bring it on!!

Nikki said...

Easter was great! The only problem is that now we feel more than ever like we need to move down here, so we're going to start praying about it in the temple. I got to go to Raymond the other day to practise driving. I REALLY need to get my license, ha ha.

Alison said...

How fun to have a family dinner by the lake. Don't worry if your neighbors only hear noisy kids, that's good noise. Sometimes I'm embarrassed thinking my neighbors hear me yelling, or my kids fighting on their way out to the car. :) Love those quotes. Thanks for sharing your testimony. Hope you had a wonderful Easter!